A win for the good guys

http://www.ktrh.com/cc-common/news/section...article=3895787

Statement from the City of Pasadena:

With a decision by the grand jury not to return a true bill against Mr. Horn, a panel of citizens drawn from the community has determined that the facts of the incident did not warrant the handing up of an indictment for criminal actions. The grand jury, hearing the available facts and witnesses as well as the law to be applied in this case, is in the best position to make that determination.

Mr. Horn has satisfied the state, through the grand jury process, that his actions do not warrant criminal prosecution on these charges. We hope that the decision of the grand jury, while difficult for some to accept, will be respected as the product of a careful weighing of all the facts by an impartial panel of citizens.

This incident has been a tragedy for all those involved, changing lives forever. The obvious lessons that can be drawn from it are that criminal activities are inherently a dangerous lifestyle, and the prevention and pursuit of those involved in criminal actions are best left to the police. They are professionals trained to meet the unexpected circumstances of pursuit and apprehension. The City of Pasadena intends to continue to provide its police force whatever resources required to assure our citizens that their community remains a safe place to live and work.

Good shootin Mr. Horn!! :thumbdown:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a conservative guy and i'm not sure where i stand on this one.

When i heard the story i said "good for him" but when I listened to the 911 tapes I wasn't so sure. the guy seemed to just want to go out and shoot somebody, regardless of if anyone was in any danger from them. I think it is very different from a burglar being in your house.

of course, as a friend of mine says "most people who get shot deserve it".

When i heard the story i said "good for him" but when I listened to the 911 tapes I wasn't so sure. the guy seemed to just want to go out and shoot somebody, regardless of if anyone was in any danger from them. I think it is very different from a burglar being in your house.

Yeah, the tapes pretty much make it sound like cold blooded murder. He put on just enough of a "oh, I was scared" act afterwards and I'm sure that is what kept him out of jail.

Yeah, the tapes pretty much make it sound like cold blooded murder. He put on just enough of a "oh, I was scared" act afterwards and I'm sure that is what kept him out of jail.

Who the thieves were played a huge role in this decision as well.

Despite what some folks think, the old west wasn't so great. The reason everyone had guns is because there was little or no law enforcement, and if someone got shot accidentally, oh well. I'm all for responsible citizens having guns with responsible regulation. If you need a license to drive car, shouldn't you have to prove you know how to handle a gun?

PTR

On its face this is a horrible result. Loss of property is not justification for the use of deadly force. It's hard to believe the grand jury's failure to return an indictment wasn't based upon factors they aren't supposed to consider.

On its face this is a horrible result. Loss of property is not justification for the use of deadly force. It's hard to believe the grand jury's failure to return an indictment wasn't based upon factors they aren't supposed to consider.

And then there's the "your dead" that he said before firing the gun.

If you need a license to drive car, shouldn't you have to prove you know how to handle a gun?

PTR

I don't own a gun for two reasons: first, I have a 3 1/2-year-old in my house and I prefer not to taunt life in that manner, but second, I'm fairly certain if I saw someone robbing any of my neighbors' houses, I'm not so sure I wouldn't be shooting at the !@#$ers, yelling "You're dead!!!" at the top of my lungs.

Let me make sure I get this right: two guys have come into our country illegally and have decided to rob us, they trespass on a guy's yard in the process, the guy shoots them both while they're on his property, but there's an ISSUE here? What if this was a kid stealing a stereo? A !@#$ING STEREO????

!@#$. !@#$. !@#$. Obama is going to win this election. I had no idea there were that many pussies in this world.

What about Dick Cheney's hunting buddy ? :pirate:

Let me make sure I get this right: two guys have come into our country illegally and have decided to rob us, they trespass on a guy's yard in the process, the guy shoots them both while they're on his property, but there's an ISSUE here? What if this was a kid stealing a stereo? A !@#$ING STEREO????

LA - what if it was two college kids stealing beer from a neighbors garage, would you have a problem with it then? Does trespassing mean you can come out guns blazing, or is it the stealing something and trespassing?

I'm not shedding any tears over these guys, but this guy seemed pretty excited that the laws had changed and he was allowed to run outside and shoot somebody.

I don't own a gun for two reasons: first, I have a 3 1/2-year-old in my house and I prefer not to taunt life in that manner, but second, I'm fairly certain if I saw someone robbing any of my neighbors' houses, I'm not so sure I wouldn't be shooting at the !@#$ers, yelling "You're dead!!!" at the top of my lungs.

!@#$. !@#$. !@#$. Obama is going to win this election. I had no idea there were that many pussies in this world.

Glad to know this redneck Joe Horn got to play judge jury and executor.

LISTEN TO THE 911 TAPE.

I am NOT an apologist for these scum bag illegals coming into our country and committing crimes. HOWEVER, the 911 operator tells Mr Horn 13 (THIRTEEN) times "Do not go outside". The 911 operator then says "If you go outside, you'll get killed" and Mr Horn says "You wanna bet?".

His defense? I feared for my life. Weird how he shot both of them in the back.

But you're right, if someone is stealing something from my neighbors house and I have 911 on the phone, I should just go shoot them. Save the cops the trouble :pirate:

If it makes you feel better to say people are pussies because they don't think two people should have been murdered for robbery, then kudos to you. I guess I'm a pu$$y.

So what.

It is the hunter vs. the hunted.

The thieves became the hunter at first and then became the hunted. Nothing wrong with that. Good for Mr. Horn, he made the right choice... Now if he had made the wrong choice, he should be accountable for that...

Robbing is dangerous and one might get killed.

See... Simple.

Glad to know this redneck Joe Horn got to play judge jury and executor.

LISTEN TO THE 911 TAPE.

I am NOT an apologist for these scum bag illegals coming into our country and committing crimes. HOWEVER, the 911 operator tells Mr Horn 13 (THIRTEEN) times "Do not go outside". The 911 operator then says "If you go outside, you'll get killed" and Mr Horn says "You wanna bet?".

His defense? I feared for my life. Weird how he shot both of them in the back.

You're embellishing assumptions to make your point and you really need to leave that kind of thinking to VABills and his Losman discussions.

Seriously, you state "if someone is stealing something from my neighbors house and I have 911 on the phone, I should just go shoot them."

That's not what happened. According to his attorney, "he shot them only when they came into his yard and threatened him." End of discussion. If they came into his yard and threatened him, as a jury of his peers decided, then everything else is just a waste of a discussion. He protected his family, his property and his own self regardless of where on their bodies they were shot.

You can make all the assumptions that you want, such as "Weird how he shot them both in the back," but exactly what did the jury know that you don't know? Which direction were they headed when they were shot in the back? If it was so clearly murder, again, I ask, what do you know that the juror's didn't know?

While you were listening to the 911 tapes, did you read the DA's comments as well?

Although, by state law, I cannot discuss the actual proceedings in the grand jury, I can tell you that the grand jury conducted a thorough review of the evidence and testimony. They considered the relevant criminal statutes in Texas, including those pertaining to homicide, use of deadly force, self-defense, and defense of property. In short, before making their decision, they were as well-informed on the facts and circumstances of this case as any deliberative body could be.

Again, what came out the grand jury proceedings that you are not aware of? Or alternately, what do you know about the case that was not presented by the DA?

They trespassed. He shot them. Jury agreed. End of story.