Jason Peters

bernie

Can`t we trade him. If he doesn`t want to be here...seeya. These athletes today always want more more more. He wasn`t making jack and then he shows improvement and the Bills pay him a decent amount. Then he makes it to the Pro-bowl watch-out. I don`t know why his agent didn`t put in a clause for that. I`m sick of these whining beetches. Tell him to hit the street and make some of that jingle. 0:)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can`t we trade him. If he doesn`t want to be here...seeya. These athletes today always want more more more. He wasn`t making jack and then he shows improvement and the Bills pay him a decent amount. Then he makes it to the Pro-bowl watch-out. I don`t know why his agent didn`t put in a clause for that. I`m sick of these whining beetches. Tell him to hit the street and make some of that jingle. 0:)

I hope this isn't a serious post. Peters would be snatched up in a heartbeat by upwards of 30 teams if he were released.

The reality of pro sports is that the contracts of star players aren't really worth the paper they're printed on. They are fluid and subject to revision if the market changes.

My biggest problem with the Peters situation is not that he wants to renegotiate his deal -- he's underpaid as a Pro-Bowl LT -- but that he apparently has an inexperienced doofus as an agent who hasn't so much as called the Bills' front office (as far as we know) to approach the topic and proceed in a reasonable manner. Instead, he has "advised" his client to stay away from Orchard Park and created an uncomfortable situation when it doesn't need to be that way.

I'm really disappointed in the quality of representation Peters is receiving.

Edit (as I'm thinking about this more): It's really so simple if you're the agent. Pull together a list of the contracts of the top 5-10 LTs in the game. Prepare a spreadsheet of their average salaries, and present it to the Bills as evidence Peters isn't being paid commensurate with his abilities and value to the team. Then negotiate. It ain't rocket science, but I guess Vincent Taylor is gonna show the Bills who's boss. Moron.

I don't think it was a good idea for Shonert to say they were considering moving Walker to LT and acting like Peters wasn't going to be there. I think that reeks of desperation and gives Peters argument and stance more strength. He's going to show up, there's no doubt about it, and he will be starting at LT in game one barring injury. But to say that you are going to shake up the line like that, the first day of OTAs is an error, IMO.

I'm disgusted with him and he should be forced to sit the next three years.

On a completely unrelated topic, does anyone know where I can find an authenitc Kirk Chambers jersey? The Bills store doesn't seem to carry them.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/category...tegoryId=716579

I hope this helps, a friend passed this along but don't be too hasty, wait until all the facts are revealed. His attorney, I mean his agent knows what is best for him.

I don't think it was a good idea for Shonert to say they were considering moving Walker to LT and acting like Peters wasn't going to be there. I think that reeks of desperation and gives Peters argument and stance more strength. He's going to show up, there's no doubt about it, and he will be starting at LT in game one barring injury. But to say that you are going to shake up the line like that, the first day of OTAs is an error, IMO.

I disagree. If I were on the Bills' staff, I'd probably be inclined to make similar statements.

Do we want Peters in camp? Absolutely. However, in the meantime, we're moving guys around, and proceeding on without him and we'll be fine.

I agree with many of the posts in this thread. Yes, Peters deserves more money. But, he just got a new contract. He should play a little more before demanding a new one and holding out. Yes, he's good. But, he's only been the best player in the NFL for 1 season (I'm being facetious, intentionally). He needs to prove that he can perform at the Probowl level more consistently before he gets the top 5 money, IMO. And regardless, holding out is not the way to get it. The Bills have shown with Schobel, Kelsay, Dockery, Walker, and Parish that if you work hard and they like you, they'll pay you.

There's a right way and a wrong way to do things. Staying out of some of the OTAs to get your point across, and then having your agent approach the Bills' front office to discuss a renegotiation, would have been the right way.

Skipping mandatory practices and having your agent play the silent game is the wrong way.

I still believe Peters is underpaid and the Bills should move to correct that, but I'm disappointed in the way he and his agent have gone about this.

Buffalo took a chance on Peters when no other NFL team wanted him. I think it's fair to say he owes his career and the fact he's making 3.25M this year to them.

Yeah, especially since he has 3 years left, and if the Bills decide not to renegotiate his deal, he basically has the option to show up and play, or retire from football since he would be sitting for 3 years and walking away from $12 million...

I know in the world of football for his position and his skill level $4 million isn't a lot of money, but I mean cmon...4 mil is 4 mil...I could basically live out the rest of my life pretty comfortable on that just on the interest alone...

I disagree. If I were on the Bills' staff, I'd probably be inclined to make similar statements.

Do we want Peters in camp? Absolutely. However, in the meantime, we're moving guys around, and proceeding on without him and we'll be fine.

I agree with many of the posts in this thread. Yes, Peters deserves more money. But, he just got a new contract. He should play a little more before demanding a new one and holding out. Yes, he's good. But, he's only been the best player in the NFL for 1 season (I'm being facetious, intentionally). He needs to prove that he can perform at the Probowl level more consistently before he gets the top 5 money, IMO. And regardless, holding out is not the way to get it. The Bills have shown with Schobel, Kelsay, Dockery, Walker, and Parish that if you work hard and they like you, they'll pay you.

I meant its a bad idea because they know he will come in. They need this line intact. Walker still has to get used to playing in this offense at RT next to Butler. Messing with it is a waste of time AND reinforces to Peters that LT is the most important positions

Peters isn't going to hold out long-term. No player will. Losing six-figure game checks plus the fines don't make it worth it. I do find it very interesting that his agent hasn't voiced to the public that his contract is an issue. I guess it's classier than an agent like Drew Rosenhaus holding press conferences every five minutes.

Here's the compromise I would make:

Since he has three years left on his second NFL contract and is coming off a serious injury. If he reports to OTA's and plays out 2008 I re-do the deal next off-season. I would want to make sure that injury isn't a liability. I agree that he is underpaid on the Bills line and as an NFL left tackle. But two years into a five year deal is pretty bogus to hold out for a new contract.

I thought he would have shown up for the mandatoriy stuff. We don't need this.

This could wind up being remniscent of a couple years ago when Walter Jones would hold out all camp and not show up until Week 1 and then play the whole season and dominate.

Besides, he's set top make like $3.5-$4 million on the year, and I think if he makes the Pro Bowl again, then the Bills will lock him up with a monster deal next offseason.

This is his agents fault for not having salary escalators for making the probowl... blame his dufus agent, not the Bills. The Bills made a great business move, now stick to your guns boys. Call his bluff.

It would be stupid for the Bills to play hardball on this and not even consider renegotiating, since all that would do is piss Peters off and virtually assure that he walks when his present contract expires.

OTOH, it would be stupid for Peters to hold out in training camp, because that's when the real preparation for the season happens. All the OTAs are just introductory stuff, and while it's important for the skill position offensive players to be there because they're installing a new offense, Peters' absence is relatively insignificant. I read elsewhere that the maximum the Bills are allowed to fine him per the CBA is something like $8000 total. Peters might get 10 times that deducted in taxes from every game check.

Peters and his agent are making a (small) statement by not attending the mandatory OTA. If he doesn't have a new deal done by the start of camp, Peters would be wise to show up to camp, and fire his agent and hire one that will get a new deal done before the regular season starts.

Does anybody know anything about the reputation of Peters' agent, Vincent Taylor? I couldn't find anything by Googling him. I've got a sneaking suspicion he may not be the most seasoned of representatives -- which can cause problems in situations such as this.

Eugene Parker is Peter's agent apparently. And his track record worries me. He is also James Hardy's agent so we can expect the same thing by 2010-2011 from him.

Here's the link about his agent from today's frontpage.

Also his Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_E._Parker

Can`t we trade him. If he doesn`t want to be here...seeya. These athletes today always want more more more. He wasn`t making jack and then he shows improvement and the Bills pay him a decent amount. Then he makes it to the Pro-bowl watch-out. I don`t know why his agent didn`t put in a clause for that. I`m sick of these whining beetches. Tell him to hit the street and make some of that jingle. :lol:

He is the BEST young left tackle in this league and with the left side being the "weak side" we NEED him!!!!

Eugene Parker is Peter's agent apparently. And his track record worries me. He is also James Hardy's agent so we can expect the same thing by 2010-2011 from him.

Here's the link about his agent from today's frontpage.

Also his Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_E._Parker

he's also pat williams' agent.........he was very fair in those negotiations, despite TD's obvious unprofessionalism

he's also pat williams' agent.........he was very fair in those negotiations, despite TD's obvious unprofessionalism

He was not Pat Williams's agent when he was negotating with Bills.

And it was not professional to insist that an extension be made to another player's contract to talk about signing a new contract which is what his former agent did.