Bills public address announcer arrested

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teaching them isn't the same as encouraging them. And it doesn't take much for someone who isn't used to drinking to get drunk. Just a couple weeks ago in Syracuse a bunch of kids had a drinking party at a parent's home (who weren't home), and a drunk girl put her face up to the family dog to kiss it and the dog ripped her face up pretty bad. Cops came, the girl's now disfigured, and the senior boy who had the party faces charges and got kicked off his playoff lacrosse team.

That's exactly the point. When kids have to find a place where parents aren't home to drink stupid sh*t is much more likely to occur.

Gurtler is pretty stupid if he didn't think hosting a loud party with 80 teenagers wasn't going to draw the attention of the authorities and potentially get him arrested.

If I lived out there, I'd blow him too. Idiot!

Teaching them isn't the same as encouraging them. And it doesn't take much for someone who isn't used to drinking to get drunk. Just a couple weeks ago in Syracuse a bunch of kids had a drinking party at a parent's home (who weren't home), and a drunk girl put her face up to the family dog to kiss it and the dog ripped her face up pretty bad. Cops came, the girl's now disfigured, and the senior boy who had the party faces charges and got kicked off his playoff lacrosse team.

You weren't on the debate team, were you? You're not very good at this. :devil:

You're defending your point on why parents shouldn't hold supervised parties for 18 year olds at their home by using the isolated example of an unsupervised party where a girl tried to kiss a golden retriever who bit her face? Did the dog know she was drunk and try to teach her a lesson?

Thanks all, for providing me my 'moment of clarity'. I was so wrong to allow my children to have supervised drinking parties in their late teens with the expressed permission of nearly all parents of kids involved. I will now humbly turn myself in to the local authorities.

While I'm at it, I might as well turn in my dumb Dad for the same egregious behavior..

You weren't on the debate team, were you? You're not very good at this. :devil:

You're defending your point on why parents shouldn't hold supervised parties for 18 year olds at their home by using the isolated example of an unsupervised party where a girl tried to kiss a golden retriever who bit her face? Did the dog know she was drunk and try to teach her a lesson?

I'm pointing out that teenage drinking should not be encouraged, and that parents who enable it are adding to the problem. Kids that might not otherwise drink are more likely to if some parents give the OK, and then will continue to do it when the parents aren't around. The dog incident could have happened even if the parents were there; the bottom line is bad things are bound to happen when a kid's judgement is impared.

hey Ralphy time to fire this loser and bring back Danny Nevreath.

In all seriousness, there is nothing I miss more about being away from Buffalo, than being at Rich Stadium on a dark, gloomy day, the smell of hot dogs and stale beer permiating everything, and the sound of Danny Nevereaths voice, echoing through the Orchard Park air "Cribbs on the carry..." Man, it makes me home sick.

Nothing against Gurtler as the PA guy (not commenting on his teenage party!) but it just doesn't feel the same at the Ralph with his voice. I only get to go to a game a year, if I am lucky. I miss Nevereath...of course, I was one who just hated having to Rick Jeaneret on the radio, once or twice a year, when the Sabres weren't on tv...to me Ted Darlings' voice was as much part of the Buffalo Sabres as Gilbert Perrault was...but RJ has grown on me immensely...

So why not hand them out and offer bedrooms to them, it's the same as a "safe" drinking party.

An hypothetical adult supervised 18 yr. old sex party is legal.

The adult supervised BBQ, pool, and beer party, isn't.

I'm pointing out that teenage drinking should not be encouraged, and that parent's who enable it are adding to the problem. Kids that might not otherwise drink are more likely to if some parents give the OK, and then will continue to do it when the parents aren't around. The dog incident could have happened even if the parents were there; the bottom line is bad things are bound to happen when a kid's judgement is impared.

Actually, the bad judgment is much more likely to happen when no parents are around, and the kids are drinking in their car because they have no place to go.

Frankly, I'm not sure how many kids don't drink in fairyland because it's illegal, but in the real world, I would find it very hard to believe you could find more than one 18 year-old on prom night that didn't want to drink and wasn't going to, but decided it was okay and then got drunk because a parent had a keg party. Do you ever spend time with any 18 year old kids? From any era?

I'm pointing out that teenage drinking should not be encouraged, and that parent's who enable it are adding to the problem. Kids that might not otherwise drink are more likely to if some parents give the OK, and then will continue to do it when the parents aren't around. The dog incident could have happened even if the parents were there; the bottom line is bad things are bound to happen when a kid's judgement is impared.

are you kidding with this? Did you go to High school or college? What environment do you think would allow a greater chance of bad things happening? A supervised party with parents present or a keg party on a beach? Kids will be kids....if you instill the right values in them with proper parenting, hope that their friends have similar values and the rest is out of your hands.....to think otherwise is foolish....

Actually, the bad judgment is much more likely to happen when no parents are around, and the kids are drinking in their car because they have no place to go.

Frankly, I'm not sure how many kids don't drink in fairyland because it's illegal, but in the real world, I would find it very hard to believe you could find more than one 18 year-old on prom night that didn't want to drink and wasn't going to, but decided it was okay and then got drunk because a parent had a keg party. Do you ever spend time with any 18 year old kids? From any era?

Talking to members of a local school board, they tried to institute zero alcohol tolerance at all school dances.

Reports back from chaperons: "We never saw so many stoned kids in one place in our lifetime."

are you kidding with this? Did you go to High school or college? What environment do you think would allow a greater chance of bad things happening? A supervised party with parents present or a keg party on a beach? Kids will be kids....if you instill the right values in them with proper parenting, hope that their friends have similar values and the rest is out of your hands.....to think otherwise is foolish....

He's a Clinton supporter. Now that she's done, he's got to find another topic to look spectacularly foolish about...

It's prom night. Kids are going to drink. As many as want to drink are going to drink. It's much better and much safer to be in a house with a parent than in a park or a car.

I disagree ... I had a small post prom party (years ago) with some of my friends. One of them brought some alcohol and took it out part way through the night. I told him to put it away ... and he did. Amazing what positive peer pressure can do. He wanted to drink, but he didn't. It's much better and much safer to not drink.

I disagree ... I had a small post prom party (years ago) with some of my friends. One of them brought some alcohol and took it out part way through the night. I told him to put it away ... and he did. Amazing what positive peer pressure can do. He wanted to drink, but he didn't. It's much better and much safer to not drink.

Yeah, I'm sure he dumped it down the toilet and never drank it when you weren't around. :devil:

It's possible, and I'm not saying it never happens. But people need to be realistic about these things.

Tell me, seriously. In all honesty, if you did the same thing with 10 kids, how many of the 10 would actually put the booze away and never take a drop the rest of the night (counting the 99% of the time you're not watching them) because you told them not to?

1? If you're lucky?

Yeah, I'm sure he dumped it down the toilet and never drank it when you weren't around. :devil:

It's possible, and I'm not saying it never happens. But people need to be realistic about these things.

Tell me, seriously. In all honesty, if you did the same thing with 10 kids, how many of the 10 would actually put the booze away and never take a drop the rest of the night (counting the 99% of the time you're not watching them) because you told them not to?

1? If you're lucky?

No he didn't dump it down the toilet. But also, no he didn't drink it the rest of the night when I wasn't watching. Our friendship was based on respect for one another. We could use some of that in this day and age.