Sounds like the DA has nothing on Lynch

VOR

I'm making excuses for no one. I'm merely agreeing that a certain perception exists in the real world that well-to-do white guys from the suburbs foolishly refuse to acknowledge while they sit atop their moral perches.

Nonsense. By bringing up the perception you are creating an excuse for those involved. And then you are compounding the diversion by stating that the rich white guys from the suburbs can't really understand the situation.This is a great old worn out technique of disqualifying a group of people from a discussion. So white suburb guys---just don't pass judgment cuz you just REALLY DONT KNOW......

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i laugh my ass off at guys who just outright trust the da and cops like they are something other than guys with jobs that give them the power to destroy people's lives.

i bet when someone has an insurance claim you guys are all "well if that's the insurance company sees fit to pay you you should thank them. they are always fair and most people are just scamming them anyway".

on your knees for authority figures like good little germans.

Nonsense. By bringing up the perception you are creating an excuse for those involved. And then you are compounding the diversion by stating that the rich white guys from the suburbs can't really understand the situation.This is a great old worn out technique of disqualifying a group of people from a discussion. So white suburb guys---just don't pass judgment cuz you just REALLY DONT KNOW......

By ignoring perception, you are making the inference that an entire people group's cultural values are invalid. The issue here was Marshawn's likely inherent mistrust of the police and your failure to take it into account before you tried and convicted him in the court of public opinion. I wouldn't go as far as disqualifying an entire people group from a discussion, unless that group consists of you and Fan in San Diego. In that particular case I'll make an exception and say you should be excluded.

Of course I understand perception.But it doesnt belong in the discussion because it is a lame excuse. You are creating a crutch.

Nobody is using it as an excuse or a crutch. He is also a professional football player who likely could've handled this situation by throwing some cash around. That wouldn't be an excuse for a hit-and-run either.

Like you said, it's a discussion. It's an angle that exists and should not be tossed aside, especially when people are calling for him to abandon his legal counsel and sprint down to the police station to have a cup of coffee and a nice chat with the cops, and hopefully make some new friends down there.

Other statistics (that can be tossed aside) include the major disparity in black vs. white criminal convictions and the disparity in length of sentence. As well as the probability that the majority of the people with access to (and interest in) a Buffalo Bills Internet message board are middle class white males. That's why I brought it up- not to create a crutch for Lynch, but to mention that some people may have experiences with the cops that extend beyond the time they came to your 5th grade class to talk about bicycle safety.

Anyone who wants to can pass judgement, and is free to consider or not consider any information they want. This thread is proof of that. I'm just mentioning the MERE POSSIBILITY that Lynch has seen things play out badly when he or friends have tried to cooperate with police.

He should not abandon his lawyer's advice just to appease a bunch of people who have already convicted him of this crime, and that includes people here as well as the DA and BPD.

Other statistics (that can be tossed aside) include the major disparity in black vs. white criminal convictions and the disparity in length of sentence. As well as the probability that the majority of the people with access to (and interest in) a Buffalo Bills Internet message board are middle class white males. That's why I brought it up- not to create a crutch for Lynch, but to mention that some people may have experiences with the cops that extend beyond the time they came to your 5th grade class to talk about bicycle safety.

In an effort to remove a bit of the racial overtone of this discussion, I'll add that there is a relatively large group of VERY well-to-do white guys who played a game with baskets on sticks in Durham, North Carolina, and probably don't think the cops and DA always have the best of intentions or can be trusted implicitly.

In an effort to remove a bit of the racial overtone of this discussion, I'll add that there is a relatively large group of VERY well-to-do white guys who played a game with baskets on sticks in Durham, North Carolina, and probably don't think the cops and DA always have the best of intentions or can be trusted implicitly.

No doubt about it, good point.

Certainly Lynch can relate to that scenario, as Duke is a very visable university and the DA got caught up in trying to make an example of the "big boys" who were the #1 lacrosse team in the nation at the time. Lynch is also a big fish-small pond type guy in Buffalo, and is obviously assuming that his "star player" persona could actually work against him if a DA decides to get ambitious.

I haven't seen so many stereo types thrown around and painting groups of people with the same broad brush in quite some time. Maybe not since the last KKK meeting I was accused of attending. Sheeesh this thread is really funnier than hell.

I'll get back to my original sentiment, sure Marshawn can hide behind all of his legal rights and options and say nothing and skip by this. But by doing so, he loses my respect and looks like another ghetto punk. Well Marshawn, see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

I guess he can't clear the air because somebody will get the rap for the hit and run, I guess they are to much of cowards to stand up and be accountable for their actions. I guess I'm the bad guy here because I think it's wrong not to be accountable for your actions. Sorry, I guess my Dad raised me all wrong. Sheesh what a fool I am for being accountable for my actions.

Sorry folks, but if your defending Marshawn's actions, your morally bankrupt.

I haven't seen so many stereo types thrown around and painting groups of people with the same broad brush in quite some time. Maybe not since the last KKK meeting I was accused of attending. Sheeesh this thread is really funnier than hell.

I'll get back to my original sentiment, sure Marshawn can hide behind all of his legal rights and options and say nothing and skip by this. But by doing so, he loses my respect and looks like another ghetto punk. Well Marshawn, see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

I guess he can't clear the air because somebody will get the rap for the hit and run, I guess they are to much of cowards to stand up and be accountable for their actions. I guess I'm the bad guy here because I think it's wrong not to be accountable for your actions. Sorry, I guess my Dad raised me all wrong. Sheesh what a fool I am for being accountable for my actions.

How can anybody defend him when he hasn't been accused of anything? As for his silence, it's his constitutional right. There are others more qualified to defend those than me.

Thank you for yet another "my parents raised me to be accountable for my actions blah blah blah" post...It's been a page or two since someone threw that line in the water. Everyone is a saint on the sofa when it comes down to what somebody else SHOULD do. It's all very easy to say when it's not your livlihood that's affected.

Let's say you have a company car. Perhaps one night you have a few cocktails and crash into a tree. Or perhaps you're completely sober but your wife is blowing you on the way home, and you crash into a tree. In either case, nobody is around, you are okay to drive home, but the car is damaged. Are you going to fess up and tell your employer you were drinking or getting blown, knowing that you will likely lose your job for being careless with company property? Or are you going to tell him that a deer darted into the street and you were avoiding it? You would tell the truth, right? Because your father raised you to be accountable for your actions.

Way to avoid the broad brush sterotypes that had you giggling as you announce in your next sentence that Marshawn is "just another ghetto punk."

I would probably respect your posts more if: 1) they followed a logical train of thought, rather than spewing feelings and accusations; 2) you quit butchering the English language. I mean come on, I understand a typo here and there, but you actually appear to be ignorant of the rules of grammar or spelling. How am I supposed to take your "well-thought" opinions seriously when it sounds like they're being written by a 10 year old. In short, your argument is petty, but wrapped in a veneer of self-righteous outrage; kind of like putting a bow-tie on a turd.

That's a pretty naive and immature response, but not unexpected given your earlier posts in this thread.

By the way, it's "you're" as in "you are" -- didn't your parents raise you properly?

I bet there are cops, juries, and DA's just like you.

The only actions that have been established as far as Lynch that we know for sure are that he hired an attorney and he ain't talking.

Swimming in my cesspool of moral bankruptcy, I'll say those are smart things to do.

Well Marshawn, see ya later, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

I thought you were the one who was leaving? Why are you still here? How do you find the time to write when the street corner needs you to man the soap box telling us "the end is near"?

I would probably respect your posts more if: 1) they followed a logical train of thought, rather than spewing feelings and accusations; 2) you quit butchering the English language. I mean come on, I understand a typo here and there, but you actually appear to be ignorant of the rules of grammar or spelling. How am I supposed to take your "well-thought" opinions seriously when it sounds like they're being written by a 10 year old. In short, your argument is petty, but wrapped in a veneer of self-righteous outrage; kind of like putting a bow-tie on a turd.

blowe mee