Sign the petition - Hillary for VP

That's assuming she had decided to end the campaign for the nomination, which she hadn't as of last night. She just ended her primary campaign. She congratulated him on running a strong campaign and said we need a Democrat to win, but to congratulate him for victory would have been premature if she still is working on superdelegates.

How long will this go on? Midnight on Election Day?

Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, a dogged Clinton supporter, recognized the brutality of the arithmetic.

"I am the last of the Mohicans, but it is over," he said.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She doesn't owe Obama anything, why should she kiss his ass after the way his supporters in the public and media have attacked her? If he wants her support and those of her supporters, he should make the first move and offer her the VP spot. If he doesn't, then he can roll the dice and good luck winning without them.

This is why people hate her. She is making demands for the advancement of Hillary Clinton, not Hillary Clinton's policies and party she swears are so sacred to her. She is making demands of him, not doing what is best for her, her supporters or her party or her policies.

IMO, Barack is probably laughing, and discussing amongst his advisors that, "Man, she has a lot of balls". He probably thinks it's her just making a bet, and testing his mettle and seeing if he will buckle. Just playing the kind of win at all costs hard politics the Clintons are known for. He might even be impressed by her gall. But what he has to decide, obviously, is which way to go yields the greatest advance for him because surely she both brings a ton and takes a ton away. I doubt there is any belief whatsoever that he NEEDS her to win. He may be wrong about that ( I don't believe he is) but there is no chance he thinks he needs her to win. He and his staff have a ton of confidence and bravado.. They just have to decide if the plus/minus gives them a better shot to win or not.

Personally I don't think he needs her. It would be a terrible job for her because she wouldn't have any power unless he promised her a Cheney type role that he is never going to do. IMO, the best idea is the Supreme Court position. That way she would have the most clout, and it would feed her ego.

She doesn't owe Obama anything, why should she kiss his ass after the way his supporters in the public and media have attacked her? If he wants her support and those of her supporters, he should make the first move and offer her the VP spot. If he doesn't, then he can roll the dice and good luck winning without them.

It's not a matter of kissing butt, it's more about doing the right thing.

This is why people hate her. She is making demands for the advancement of Hillary Clinton, not Hillary Clinton's policies and party she swears are so sacred to her. She is making demands of him, not doing what is best for her, her supporters or her party or her policies.

IMO, Barack is probably laughing, and discussing amongst his advisors that, "Man, she has a lot of balls". He probably thinks it's her just making a bet, and testing his mettle and seeing if he will buckle. Just playing the kind of win at all costs hard politics the Clintons are known for. He might even be impressed by her gall. But what he has to decide, obviously, is which way to go yields the greatest advance for him because surely she both brings a ton and takes a ton away. I doubt there is any belief whatsoever that he NEEDS her to win. He may be wrong about that ( I don't believe he is) but there is no chance he thinks he needs her to win. He and his staff have a ton of confidence and bravado.. They just have to decide if the plus/minus gives them a better shot to win or not.

Personally I don't think he needs her. It would be a terrible job for her because she wouldn't have any power unless he promised her a Cheney type role that he is never going to do. IMO, the best idea is the Supreme Court position. That way she would have the most clout, and it would feed her ego.

totally agree, but I doubt if she'd get confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice. Did you ever hear about her getting fired from the Watergate committee for lying and unethical behavior?

No, it was more along the lines of B word, witch, and c#nt.

The best part of this whole thing is you think you're helping yourself. Tell everyone you're a charter member of the "party of inclusion" while using racist terms like "Soul Train" to describe the followers of the nominee. Awesome.

Pathetic. She is going to stupid herself right out of politics. It may have worked in Arkansas but not in the national limelight. Since Bush, people are sick and tired of arrogance and getting strongarmed. Obama was supposed to lose...he didn't. Obama was supposed to stumble...he didn't.

Even the New York State delegation is pressuring her to cut it out. "Meglomania" is hard to spell ... "Hillary" will make a nice substitute.

That's assuming she had decided to end the campaign for the nomination, which she hadn't as of last night. She just ended her primary campaign. She congratulated him on running a strong campaign and said we need a Democrat to win, but to congratulate him for victory would have been premature if she still is working on superdelegates.

Hillary wants to know you who you like in the NBA Finals: San Antonio or Detroit?

To paraphrase Yogi, It's over when it's over. The fact that Hillary didn't concede last night is the definition of the word chutzpa. To think she, the most arrogant elitist going, tried to pin the elitist tag on Obama during the campaign is just ridiculous. If she's on the ticket, she helps to sink it.

Join the petition to include Hillary on the ticket (assuming Obama remains the choice of superdelegates):

http://womenforfairpolitics.com/post/2008/...ny-J-Davis.aspx

Petition to:

Senator Barack Obama

Dear Senator Obama,

We write you because we believe it is very important for the Democrats to win back the presidency in 2008. To do so, we must field the strongest possible ticket for the Democratic Party. We believe the 2008 election could be close. And your selection of a vice presidential candidate may make the difference between victory and defeat.

We write to urge you to select Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to be your choice for vice president because we believe that she would be, by far, the most qualified and strongest candidate to be your running mate.

Both you and Senator Clinton during this campaign have demonstrated strengths in different segments of the electorate and in different parts of the country. Together, you stand the best chance of making U.S. history not once but twice -- the first African American president and the first female vice president since the founding of our great nation.

We know this is ultimately your decision on who is to be your running mate. But with the greatest respect, we ask you to select Senator Clinton in recognition of the more than 17 million Democrats who supported her at the polls and who, in combination with your more than 17 million supporters, would form the base of a successful presidential campaign in the November election.

Sincerely,

"Hillary for VP '08 Committee"

Lanny J. Davis

Washington, D.C.

Right. This would be like JFK having LBJ as his vp--don't turn your back Barack!

I don't hate her. I just think that she blew her chance last night. Instead of ending it gracefully she was pretty much defiant.

I definitely don't like her, but I had to admire that- she is not a quitter and hates losing. Personally I don't want to see a Clinton or Bush in our government EVER AGAIN

You've got to be kidding me.

Besides, the smart move is a white male selection for veep. Asking the general public to vote for the first black president and if something should happen to him the backup plan would be the first female president might not be the smartest move political strategy-wise. It's not a racial or sexist thing, it's a playing to win thing.

/Will probably vote libertarian or not vote at all. The choices in this election blow...

+1. Thanks for expressing my feelings exactly

I definitely don't like her, but I had to admire that- she is not a quitter and hates losing. Personally I don't want to see a Clinton or Bush in our government EVER AGAIN

I agree completely. I do admire Hillary for those same attributes. I too, do not want to see another Clinton or Bush in the White House ever again. Now the question is who will be Obama's running mate?

I am thinking either Webb or Bayh.

Imagine the outrage if the roles were reversed, and Hillary didn't include Obama on the ticket. Obama supporters would be crying over racism and how he earned his place on the ticket. Party leaders would be pushing her to pick him for the sake of party unity.

"Even though I don't like what you did to me, you still have my DYING support"

Vincent Foster ESQ

This is absolutely ridiculous. Obama needs Clinton about as much as Custer needed Indians. He should pick somebody soon so Hillary can be nothing more than an unpleasant afterthought in '09.

Imagine the outrage if the roles were reversed, and Hillary didn't include Obama on the ticket. Obama supporters would be crying over racism and how he earned his place on the ticket. Party leaders would be pushing her to pick him for the sake of party unity.

Maybe some foolish people would say that. However, I believe in this case she had a chance to get the spot until she gave her victory speech the other day, instead of bowing out gracefully. She's simply trying to use leverage to gain the VP position. He doesn't owe her anything. Personally, she tied in my mind for that position with Webb and Bayh.