Hit + Run w/ Lynch's Car

Someone just give the B word 25k and let's get back to focusing on the upcoming season :(

The issue isn't whether she was really hurt or not. Sue for 10k or a million, who cares - pay the money and the problem goes away.

The issue is hit and run. If he really was the driver, and she really was hit and he knew it and left the scene anyway, he's doing time even if she's fine.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue isn't whether she was really hurt or not. Sue for 10k or a million, who cares - pay the money and the problem goes away.

The issue is hit and run. If he really was the driver, and she really was hit and he knew it and left the scene anyway, he's doing time even if she's fine.

But, if he was WASTED and stayed on the scene, he's even MORE !@#$ed. At this point no one will ever be able to prove he was drunk, (if of course he was involved).

Lucky broad. I dream of a day where an NFL star runs me over. And yet, I have to go to work again tomorrow. . .

A few years ago they changed the law in NY for a hit and run. If someone is hurt and the person drives off, it is a felony to match as if the driver stayed behind and was drunk. It looks as if the person wasn't seriously hurt, (nobody knows if the woman broke an arm, etc.), then the hit and run is classified as a bad misdemeanor.

I still would assume that unless somebody takes the blame for this or unless Lynch proves he wasn't driving, then it all comes back to Marshawn. Then you have to hope if Lynch was driving, he doesn't get caught lying to the cops and having obstruction of justice charges added, etc. It says the car has been impounded, so this isn't a simple traffic violation for sure.

Someone check Mayor Brown's house to see if he gets a nice shipment of Bills merchandise tomorrow!

I think it's very likely it was Marshawn. I know I never lend my car to anyone, much less to go out in. That said, I bet strings get pulled big time. There will be the usually heartfelt apologies, yadda yadda, but #23 will be starting come opening day.

Now that doesn't mean Marshawn won't be expecting a big fat civil suit.

PTR

Is it possible Lynch was in the passenger seat having someone else drive? And that driver didnt know they hit someone?

I look at the facts here, lady got up and was able to walk under her own power, if thats the case, the car couldnt have been moving that fast. Granted a hit and run is a hit and run.

As much as I like Lynch, it drives me crazy to know that he might be in some trouble.......

But lets look at the bigger picture here, NOONE was killed. Lady walked away. God bless her.

However, if Lynch is directly involved, thats 3 guys thus far that have had problems, Hardy, Parrish & Lynch.

I really dont know what direction this team is going in.......

Peters is a no show, Evans wants more money, Losman wants out, Parrish busted for DUI, Hardy may have pulled a gun, Lynch may be involved with a hit and run.......NOT A GREAT WAY TO START THE 2008 SEASON FOLKS!

Re-whosa whatism?

OMG, ESPN isn't giving us respect! They won't even mention the Lynch item on their web site!

So tell me, from a national perspective, why would they report this? There was a hit and run accident where the victim was treated and released, and the car was registered to Lynch. However, no one actually knows if Lynch was driving, or even in the car. So, why again should ESPN be reporting this? Unlike some others, they have shown a little restraint and treated this as it should be - a non story until the FACTS are known. Don't worry, if Lynch gets charged, you'll see him all over the national headlines, and we'll be getting our long overdue respect. :(

OMG, ESPN isn't giving us respect! They won't even mention the Lynch item on their web site!

So tell me, from a national perspective, why would they report this? There was a hit and run accident where the victim was treated and released, and the car was registered to Lynch. However, no one actually knows if Lynch was driving, or even in the car. So, why again should ESPN be reporting this? Unlike some others, they have shown a little restraint and treated this as it should be - a non story until the FACTS are known. Don't worry, if Lynch gets charged, you'll see him all over the national headlines, and we'll be getting our long overdue respect. :(

are you arguing at me? caaaause... we're on the same page bud. youre preaching to the choir.

Just because she walked into an "awaiting ambulance" doesn't mean the paramedics were just standing around.

It means the ambulance was called, the paramedics were checking her out on the ground and determined she could walk under her own power to the ambulance.

That's how my mind's eye saw this as well.

I'd never heard of that. Does anyone the outcome of that case?

Hmmm.... I guess I forgot the [sarcasm] tag in my post.

I said; "I can't believe they really thought the paramedics were standing around waiting for her to get in. :( They were probably checking her for a neck injury. They don't just move someone off the road immediately and walk them to the ambulance or backboard them until they've made preliminary tests." I was commenting on your post being absolutely correct and adding comment about the other two posts

The italics added for emphasis.

Anyone see one of the eyewitnesses being interviewed on WIVB? :wallbash:

What'd they say?

What'd they say?

I couldn't tell you - I had a really hard time understanding anything the guy was saying...he looked like he just stumbled out of one of the bars on Chippewa just before the interview.