Hit + Run w/ Lynch's Car

This is an odd thing happening. Out-of-town lawyer, but not a word yet. No word from the vehicle owner. An impounded vehicle. One wonders if there is more to sniff about than a hit and run.

Inaction is the fuel of speculation, good or bad... :lol:

dang

a woman is hit

treated and released

but the damage apparently to a SUV is severe enough to leave parts at the scene? That's either one tough gal or one flimsy vehicle.

seriously......the side mirror? :rolleyes:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshawn, for $1.5Million, I was driving.

I'm your poor mans stevestojan.

I can clean this whole matter up for Emo's house and a pair of lower level season tickets. :rolleyes:

........oh wait, I need cab fare from philly to buffalo; I don't want to be "seen" at Buffalo international.

Mmm hmm.

On a similar tack, I marvel at the entertainment shows showing celebrities driving away in a throng of paparazzi that they don't hit anyone more frequently. Seriously, the car is moving. Don't go near it, or you're probably going to get bumped/hit.

The cluelessness of many people today is remarkable. Especially when talking on their cellphones. We were pouring concrete for a mall sidewalk during a summer job many moons ago, and a lady stepped through three layers of bright orange construction cones, right into the wet concrete as we were floating and edging it. !@#$ oblivious!

True.

The burden is on the driver. End of story. This is where things can get very confusing... Just like the other poster said about getting 10k at least... All a pedestrian has to do is flop and piss their pants. Years ago in the early 1970's my mother fell for just a scam... She was in a parking lot and two guys brushed up against her and slapped the hood... "Instant back/neck injury"... Heck, this was almost 40 years ago!

Even if the person was jaywalking, the burden I belive is still on the driver to avoid hitting the person?

ML is behind a rock and a hard place... Just pay up... It is how the system operates.

:rolleyes:

Orrrrr it says the same thing as the last few links...

I never saw the damage thing before.

dang

a woman is hit

treated and released

but the damage apparently to a SUV is severe enough to leave parts at the scene? That's either one tough gal or one flimsy vehicle.

seriously......the side mirror? :lol:

I'm wondering too.

It wasn't OJ driving, it was AC.

OJ was in the back with a wig, $10,000 in cash, a passport and a gun in his mouth.

"This is A.C., I got O.J. in the car"

"Who?"

"You know who this is, g--dammit!"

Right, because the sheriff didn't say that there was proof Vick was involved in May of 2007. :rolleyes:

Exhibit A: Sheriff says there is evidence Vick was involved in a crime.

Exhibit B: Police find no evidence that there was any crime committed by Hardy.

Just to simplify this so you can understand it:

Exhibit A: Evidence

Exhibit B: No evidence

Get the difference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Newz_Kenn...g_investigation

April 20 - Vick's cousin and cook, Davon T. Boddie, 26, is arrested for narcotics in Hampton on charges of distribution of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute outside Royal Suite, a nightclub. He gave Vick’s property address at 1915 Moonlight Road. Smithfield, Virginia (located in Surry County) as his residence.[17]

April 25 - Police conducted a search of home and land at 1915 Moonlight Road in southeastern Surry County. In the area of the outbuildings that law enforcement officials discovered evidence of a possible dog fighting operation. Potential evidence included blood spatter on the second floor of one of the outbuildings, dog treadmills and scales, a pry bar used to open a dog's mouth and an apparatus used for breeding.[18] With the help of animal control officials from several localities called to the scene, they removed 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and seized equipment and some physical evidence. [94]

April 27 - ESPN reports that, even though Vick denies this, neighbors have reported seeing Vick in town from time to time and clerks at a nearby store have reported Vick buying nutritional supplies for dogs.[95] Authorities told the news media that, although some equipment could be used in legitimate dog-breeding, there also was a "pry bar" used to pry apart a dog's jaws in dog fighting, and bloodstained carpeting on the floor of a room inside the home above the garage.[94]

Appearing at a news conference to announce his participation in the NFL Quarterback Challenge, Vick described himself as an unwitting victim of family. [96]

Late April/early May - Vick listed the house and property with a real estate brokerage at approximately 50% of the assessed value. Within a few days, the house was under a sales contract.[97] As of June 8, no sale had been made official, according to the county clerk's office where deeds and transfers of real estate are recorded.[18]

May 3 - The Humane Society of the United States called upon the NFL in a letter to take a serious look at the problem of players' involvement with dog fighting. [98]

May 24 - Poindexter said he still didn't have solid evidence linking Vick to dog fighting because there were no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home.[99] He said he was proceeding very carefully with this case; Poindexter had another dog fighting case a few years back and lost it because of an illegal search.

May 25 - Poindexter said he was confident charges will be brought in the case but can't yet say who will be charged.[94] ........................

July 6 - Federal authorities, assisted by the Virginia State Police, conduct an additional search of the Surry County location. According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, WAVY-TV (Portsmouth) was observing from a news helicopter, and reported that fifteen vehicles were on the property, including a rental truck and a Virginia State Police evidence collections truck. In a video broadcast, investigators could be seen working under a blue tarp on a wooded portion of the property near the black-painted outbuildings. They were sifting dirt collected in white buckets and clearing brush.[108] Investigators removed more than 10 carcasses buried in shallow graves, a source close to the investigation said. "They found what they were looking for," he said.[109]

The same day, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Vick is unlikely to be indicted on federal charges as a result of the dog fighting investigation. The authorities have told the Falcons and league that there has not been any evidence that tied to Vick the alleged dog fighting ring, the sources said. The law enforcement authorities have privately told league and team officials that at least three people are expected to be indicted but the identities of those individuals were unknown.[110]

So like I was saying, when the story broke about him possibly being involved, and I said that isn't he innocent until proven guilty, there was no evidence besides some "eye witnesses" that say they had seen him in town. Up until July 6th, they were saying that they didn't have any evidence that tied him to the dog fighting except that he owned the house and let family members live there. Now, in hindsight its easy to say that he was guilty and had a hand in all of it, but back at the time the original story broke and they were searching his house, the only "evidence" they had was that he owned the house, and some eyewitnesses (I guess they can only be considered credible as evidence in this case) that said they had seen him in town.

I'm not comparing the cases saying they are the same, I'm not defending him, or Bellicheck, or the Pats, I am just using them as examples of situations where posters here are allowed to jump to whatever conclusions they want because the players involved aren't Bills players, but the second they are Bills players, everyone has to hold any judgement of them being guilty or possibly guilty because we don't have the evidence or the facts and don't know what really happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Newz_Kenn...g_investigation

April 20 - Vick's cousin and cook, Davon T. Boddie, 26, is arrested for narcotics in Hampton on charges of distribution of marijuana and possession with intent to distribute outside Royal Suite, a nightclub. He gave Vick’s property address at 1915 Moonlight Road. Smithfield, Virginia (located in Surry County) as his residence.[17]

April 25 - Police conducted a search of home and land at 1915 Moonlight Road in southeastern Surry County. In the area of the outbuildings that law enforcement officials discovered evidence of a possible dog fighting operation. Potential evidence included blood spatter on the second floor of one of the outbuildings, dog treadmills and scales, a pry bar used to open a dog's mouth and an apparatus used for breeding.[18] With the help of animal control officials from several localities called to the scene, they removed 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and seized equipment and some physical evidence. [94]

April 27 - ESPN reports that, even though Vick denies this, neighbors have reported seeing Vick in town from time to time and clerks at a nearby store have reported Vick buying nutritional supplies for dogs.[95] Authorities told the news media that, although some equipment could be used in legitimate dog-breeding, there also was a "pry bar" used to pry apart a dog's jaws in dog fighting, and bloodstained carpeting on the floor of a room inside the home above the garage.[94]

Appearing at a news conference to announce his participation in the NFL Quarterback Challenge, Vick described himself as an unwitting victim of family. [96]

Late April/early May - Vick listed the house and property with a real estate brokerage at approximately 50% of the assessed value. Within a few days, the house was under a sales contract.[97] As of June 8, no sale had been made official, according to the county clerk's office where deeds and transfers of real estate are recorded.[18]

May 3 - The Humane Society of the United States called upon the NFL in a letter to take a serious look at the problem of players' involvement with dog fighting. [98]

May 24 - Poindexter said he still didn't have solid evidence linking Vick to dog fighting because there were no eyewitnesses who say they saw dog fighting at the home.[99] He said he was proceeding very carefully with this case; Poindexter had another dog fighting case a few years back and lost it because of an illegal search.

May 25 - Poindexter said he was confident charges will be brought in the case but can't yet say who will be charged.[94] ........................

July 6 - Federal authorities, assisted by the Virginia State Police, conduct an additional search of the Surry County location. According to the Richmond Times-Dispatch, WAVY-TV (Portsmouth) was observing from a news helicopter, and reported that fifteen vehicles were on the property, including a rental truck and a Virginia State Police evidence collections truck. In a video broadcast, investigators could be seen working under a blue tarp on a wooded portion of the property near the black-painted outbuildings. They were sifting dirt collected in white buckets and clearing brush.[108] Investigators removed more than 10 carcasses buried in shallow graves, a source close to the investigation said. "They found what they were looking for," he said.[109]

The same day, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Vick is unlikely to be indicted on federal charges as a result of the dog fighting investigation. The authorities have told the Falcons and league that there has not been any evidence that tied to Vick the alleged dog fighting ring, the sources said. The law enforcement authorities have privately told league and team officials that at least three people are expected to be indicted but the identities of those individuals were unknown.[110]

So like I was saying, when the story broke about him possibly being involved, and I said that isn't he innocent until proven guilty, there was no evidence besides some "eye witnesses" that say they had seen him in town. Up until July 6th, they were saying that they didn't have any evidence that tied him to the dog fighting except that he owned the house and let family members live there. Now, in hindsight its easy to say that he was guilty and had a hand in all of it, but back at the time the original story broke and they were searching his house, the only "evidence" they had was that he owned the house, and some eyewitnesses (I guess they can only be considered credible as evidence in this case) that said they had seen him in town.

I'm not comparing the cases saying they are the same, I'm not defending him, or Bellicheck, or the Pats, I am just using them as examples of situations where posters here are allowed to jump to whatever conclusions they want because the players involved aren't Bills players, but the second they are Bills players, everyone has to hold any judgement of them being guilty or possibly guilty because we don't have the evidence or the facts and don't know what really happened.

Isn't it funny that you left this part of the article out of that post:

On May 31, when asked by a news reporter for WAVY-TV whether there was evidence that placed Vick at dog fights, Poindexter replied "Yes".

Gee, I wonder why?

On May 31, when asked by a news reporter for WAVY-TV whether there was evidence that placed Vick at dog fights, Poindexter replied "Yes".

Gee, I wonder why?

Don't worry about that. It's just the facts getting in the way of his opinion.

Gee, I wonder why?

Cause he's a TSW poster rushing to judgement?

Gee, I wonder why?

I left it out because that was still after the original story broke, which is what I have been refering to this entire time, and highlighted a spot from the 24th of May from Poindexter saying that he had no solid evidence, and a spot from July saying Authorities told the falcons and the League reported they had no evidence