Bills "mortified"

Wow...you must not watch the TV show COPS much! Daddy didn't snitch on his boy, the cops don't want to write up all the paperwork, go get the warrant and get the clown because daddy didn't seem to have a problem with it. Nobody's dead....case closed.

Hardy beats up the girlfriend in a blind rage. That is the only thing it can be, because if Hardy knowingly hit his infant son, the guy is the scum of the earth. When you are dealing with a guy that has ZERO control, it is all fair game.

The only guy that gave Hardy a chance was his coach, and he held Hardy's hand every minute it sounds like. Even he had to suspend Hardy. Well, now the guy is dead, and Hardy has nobody to turn to once again. He probably has the emotional comprehension of a 7 year old, and his only way of dealing with stress is to throw a tantrum. In this 7 year old's case, he can actually carry a weapon, so there in lies the fun. Hardy needs to be in an "emotional straight jacket". I have to see who his agent is, but if I was that guy I would have Hardy living with me so he can't get in trouble.

It is another 4 months until the season even starts. Loooong....hot summer. Tick Tock Tick Tock Clarice :P

Women, the vast majority of the time, blame the abuse on themselves. O.J. was never arrested for spousal abuse that I can remember but we all know how that turned out. Due to the O.J. case laws were changed in dealing with spousal abuse so the cops would have to arrest someone if there was enough evidence the abuse actually occurred.

I've no idea what you're jabbering about.

Is "being lazy is the same thing as beating women and drawing firearms" your briliant follow up to "pulling a gun isn't violent"?

You're on fire...... :sick:

:ph34r:

with all the WRs on the board, Hardy should not have even been on their board.

The front office is looking pretty hypercritcal in stressing high character - then picking a turd with a questionable past who blows up before he is even signed.

Looks like they should sigend Ernest Wilford or Bryant Johnson and drafted an OL in 2nd round.

I'm still mystified that they passed over Sweed to take him. :nana:

Because I was told that on April 11th by Hardy himself, then 3 weeks later he has his "misunderstanding".

I'm a big fan of 2nd chances. If I trust you and you give me your word and I stick my neck out on the line for you, then you screw off again...and so soon? You're done.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......Ain't Got No..Booooooooooody!

Linkage

I never saw Hitler fire up an oven.

I went through this little game with posters on the Sabres board last year at this time. I couldn't prove that Darcy wasn't going to sign anyone, and that Quinn was lying through his teeth, and that the Sabres had no heart and were going to tank until it actually happened. Your line was the line that kept coming up. "Prove it with facts".

The facts are....watch and wait. I tend to read the actions of people and have a good idea of what they may do next, especially if I am familiar with the subject at hand. In reality, Quinn may be more evil than Hardy, but Hardy has little brains, questionable work ethic, an emotional disorder, and is quick to lay the blame somewhere else. Doesn't sound good for on or off the football field, and I would be interested to know who was the main guy in the Bills front office pushing for Hardy. My guess is that it was Modrak, since we drafted like this with Donahoe. Marv seemed to tame the crew down the last few years.

All we can do now is wait and see. Much like your views on religion or world culture, the proof comes over time.

Dude that's harsh. You're going to far there. Anyway, I hear his pizza bagels were to die for! (Too soon?)

I know you like to roll around in textbooks, so you may want to look at the works of Dr Freud and then ask yourself why you chose the picture that you did for your avatar.

Nice job refuting my points in that last post, although it is amusing you chose to refer to someone whose theories have been largely wrong.

Sorry but I thought that was funny. ;)

No, I am trying to argue common sense BECAUSE HARDY HAS ALREADY BEEN INVOLVED IN MULTIPLE CRIMES, ARRESTS AND SUSPENSIONS.

Really....I'm all for a little joking around, and I'm all for being a fan and loyalty, and I shouldn't have taken up this cause because in reality, Hardy is just another dude getting paid to run, jump and skip. Somehow I dove into another level of the internet...the one where you have to take a shower afterwards. I showed bad judgement by continuing to post in this subject, and I'm sure since everyone here is so forgiving, they will understand it was all a misunderstanding on my part. I should have known better than to imploy logic on an internet message board, no matter the team it involved.

I send my sincere appology to James Hardy for confirming his 85 IQ and personality disorder, and I hope he catches 90 passes and 15 TDs this year.

He hasn't been in multiple arrests. Also, provide a link for the 85 IQ thing. If you want to say he's acting stupid that's one thing but to say something like that isn't fair.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Valid point.

Lesson that I would hope others would learn out of this. "Don't be a lying sack and a thug, because some people may still have some standards and not want to hear the excuses next time."

:ph34r: Excuses for an incident that we don't know if he even did anything wrong in. Right.

Women, the vast majority of the time, blame the abuse on themselves. O.J. was never arrested for spousal abuse that I can remember but we all know how that turned out. Due to the O.J. case laws were changed in dealing with spousal abuse so the cops would have to arrest someone if there was enough evidence the abuse actually occurred.

That is just complete bullschit. Do some women blame abuse on themselves? Sure. Too many, considering the vast majority of the time it's not their fault. Do the vast majority? Of course not. The vast minority do.

The vast majority blame it on the **** that did it. There are unlimited numbers of girlfriends and spouses who leave after the first hit. Unlimited ones that give the prick a second or third chance and leave after the second or third time when he blew his second or third chances. Sure, some stay forever but I doubt even a large portion of those actually blame themselves. Many stay because they love the guy despite he's an ****, some because of the kids, some because they're more terrified of being alone than beat up, some because of thousand other reasons. But to say the "vast majority" blame it on themselves is just plain stupid.

That is just complete bullschit. Do some women blame abuse on themselves? Sure. Too many, considering the vast majority of the time it's not their fault. Do the vast majority? Of course not. The vast minority do.

The vast majority blame it on the **** that did it. There are unlimited numbers of girlfriends and spouses who leave after the first hit. Unlimited ones that give the prick a second or third chance and leave after the second or third time when he blew his second or third chances. Sure, some stay forever but I doubt even a large portion of those actually blame themselves. Many stay because they love the guy despite he's an ****, some because of the kids, some because they're more terrified of being alone than beat up, some because of thousand other reasons. But to say the "vast majority" blame it on themselves is just plain stupid.

If you're going to include the one hit and they walk away girls then I agree and in fact I think that's how every woman should live their lives. I'm talking about the women who are attacked and continue to stay with the guy. If it wasn't a big problem then why did they change the laws?

The women who stick around don't see any way out. The man may have economical control or some other control the woman sees as a barrier. The OJ case is a great point. He'd had the police called out on battery calls but no charges were ever filed. Judge Ito allowed evidence of 19 incidents of spousal abuse into the trial. How many have you heard about before then? If a woman doesn't want to press charges it goes away. Cops can come out til the cows come home and if the woman refuses to cooperate with the investigation what is the justice system going to do?

So I guess it's a matter of view. I'm looking at Nicole Simpson accounting for 19 herself and maybe more. So I guess I should say in the cases of more than three assaults the women blame themselves.

If you're going to include the one hit and they walk away girls then I agree and in fact I think that's how every woman should live their lives. I'm talking about the women who are attacked and continue to stay with the guy. If it wasn't a big problem then why did they change the laws?

The women who stick around don't see any way out. The man may have economical control or some other control the woman sees as a barrier. The OJ case is a great point. He'd had the police called out on battery calls but no charges were ever filed. Judge Ito allowed evidence of 19 incidents of spousal abuse into the trial. How many have you heard about before then? If a woman doesn't want to press charges it goes away. Cops can come out til the cows come home and if the woman refuses to cooperate with the investigation what is the justice system going to do?

So I guess it's a matter of view. I'm looking at Nicole Simpson accounting for 19 herself and maybe more. So I guess I should say in the cases of more than three assaults the women blame themselves.

You mean the kind completely unrelated to James Hardy?

Quite frankly, using anything motivated by politics isn't a great defense.

You mean the kind completely unrelated to James Hardy?

I only know about one "reported" incidence with him. All I'm saying is that the fact another assault wasn't reported it isn't the great proof some think it is. It's very possible, and I hope it is, that it's a thing of the past for him. I've stated before on this board that his ability to speak freely about it makes me feel it probably is a past issue.

Also, the Nicole Brown incidents weren't police reports they were eyewitness accounts. Which backs up my point that a lot of the reported incidents may have a lot more behind them.

Quite frankly, using anything motivated by politics isn't a great defense.

I understand your point and somewhat agree. The case was made after the law was passed that it might be making abuse worse because when the husband comes home there is hell to pay. Also, women won't report it at all anymore because of that. My point is that it is believed that the situation was so bad that there needed to be something done. Did they do it the right way? That's a different question.

Now that Hardy is living in a fishbowl and there are hundreds of people who can put something up on the net or record it with their phone it will be more evident if this is a thing of the past or not.

I only know about one "reported" incidence with him. All I'm saying is that the fact another assault wasn't reported it isn't the great proof some think it is. It's very possible, and I hope it is, that it's a thing of the past for him. I've stated before on this board that his ability to speak freely about it makes me feel it probably is a past issue.

Also, the Nicole Brown incidents weren't police reports they were eyewitness accounts. Which backs up my point that a lot of the reported incidents may have a lot more behind them.

IIRC, Nicole Brown had 19 or so incidents of abuse and at least 8 times the cops were called and came to their house to investigate. I think we are a long way from making any comparison of the situations. I know you're not, but this discussion IMO doesn't even belong in the thread. I frankly don't know why you brought it up.

I'm sorry, but...

...but this guy is going to be in the local press as often as OJ is for stupid stuff.
We might as well be the Toronto Bills, because the liberal excuse making fanbase sure as hell acts like they're from Toronto as it is.

3 Weeks. This guy is on pace for 160 "situational misunderstandings" in his NFL career.

The only people I expect to coddle Hardy at this point are ... possibly any other schoolgirl going for a liberal arts education.

Maybe when Hardy kicks a puppy over Niagara Falls we'll get a little common sense here.

Hardy beats up the girlfriend in a blind rage.
... but once again Hargrove isn't pistol whipping family and children.
I never saw Hitler fire up an oven.

... but Hardy has little brains, questionable work ethic, an emotional disorder, and is quick to lay the blame somewhere else.

do not equate to...

That is the problem Kelly....I have been trying to argue for common sense to be used from the start in this entire subject. It isn't worth arguing all the tickey tack things, That is what some here are doing. "Oh...duh...the Police didn't arrest him so Hardy didn't do anything wrong."

If you want to argue for common sense, then it seems to me a good start would be to make sensible statements rather than extensive hyperbole.

got it. So the next time any jockey gets hurt, we should automatically suspect you and claim you need to be arrested and thrown in jail. because you've shown a violent past and a propensity for hurting others. in fact, i think you should be arrested now, since you are likely to hurt someone in your employ in the next few months.

Right

By the way, I am in Ocala 6-8 times a year, so if you want to meet up in Gainesville for a beer or something, let me know.

If you want to know my opinion on hiring Florida undergrads vs. Florida St. undergrads, I am more than willing to give my opinion on that as well.

Right

By the way, I am in Ocala 6-8 times a year, so if you want to meet up in Gainesville for a beer or something, let me know.

If you want to know my opinion on hiring Florida undergrads vs. Florida St. undergrads, I am more than willing to give my opinion on that as well.

I might have cared if i was an undergrad.

He hasn't been in multiple arrests. Also, provide a link for the 85 IQ thing. If you want to say he's acting stupid that's one thing but to say something like that isn't fair.

But he has been arrested and suspended for 2 different things in a matter of 2 months which is multiple.

There are 100 different sources that show Hardy getting a 14 on the Wonderlic. Since none of the sources are the NFL or the Wonderlic people themselves, I will not post a link to further accuse MR Hardy of actions that he obviously did not commit since we do not have the proper information.

I once again embellished a bit. The IQ is considered roughly 2x Wonderlic score + 60.....which puts Hardy at an 88 IQ. The average WR gets a 17 or has an IQ of 94.

Of course, we know how biased these tests are, and they are of little use to us in truly evaluating intelligence.

I'm sorry, but...

do not equate to...

If you want to argue for common sense, then it seems to me a good start would be to make sensible statements rather than extensive hyperbole.

Very good.

If you notice, I don't start out like that. As the rational replies disappear, my poetic license jumps a bit since I don't really approve of outright coming out and calling people names.

Once again, there is nothing left to do but wait. In reality, the biggest way this impacts my life is that the Bills are probably going to just miss the playoffs again this year and have to draft another WR nigh next year. More than anything, this thread for me is a compound of disappointment in the Bills actually taking Hardy to begin with, then the excuses for Hardy that developed as if he should be treated like the Patron Saint of Chicken Wings. Instead of violently showing my frustration, I amplify my sarcastic Achie Bunker side x 10 and let it rip. I just found it interesting how fast the locals were forming an entourage for Hardy while some of the same posters have gone out of their way to start threads about the Cincinatti Bengals legal problems, called Chad Johnson a trouble maker and cancer, etc.

Once the bees are in the collective bonnet of the supporters, it was hard to step off the accelerator, which wasn't the best idea. Like I said, I usually don't like to get this deep into it, because people are right, I don't know all the facts. The last time I looked though, it wasn't a crime to go off of your gut instinct and come to the conclusion that a guy doesn't look like he has much of a future after I was able to read, watch and digest the media out there on Hardy and hear a few words out of him myself. At the end of the day, he's probably going to make 15x my income this year, so what I think of him is really irrelevant.

The last time I looked though, it wasn't a crime to go off of your gut instinct and come to the conclusion that a guy doesn't look like he has much of a future after I was able to read, watch and digest the media out there on Hardy and hear a few words out of him myself. At the end of the day, he's probably going to make 15x my income this year, so what I think of him is really irrelevant.

Nope, and its not a crime for people to call out your opinion as not being based on anything factual.

Nope, and its not a crime for people to call out your opinion as not being based on anything factual.

No, it isn't I guess. To me it's factual enough. If we all waited to see "all the facts" before we came to an educated decision, 50% of people would never get married, there would be no public stock market, the Bills would have never traded for Rob Johnson, and I would have worn a coat today.

All I can do is project a forecast on Hardy. A forecast I am fairly confident in.

Very good.

If you notice, I don't start out like that. As the rational replies disappear, my poetic license jumps a bit since I don't really approve of outright coming out and calling people names.

Once again, there is nothing left to do but wait. In reality, the biggest way this impacts my life is that the Bills are probably going to just miss the playoffs again this year and have to draft another WR nigh next year. More than anything, this thread for me is a compound of disappointment in the Bills actually taking Hardy to begin with, then the excuses for Hardy that developed as if he should be treated like the Patron Saint of Chicken Wings. Instead of violently showing my frustration, I amplify my sarcastic Achie Bunker side x 10 and let it rip. I just found it interesting how fast the locals were forming an entourage for Hardy while some of the same posters have gone out of their way to start threads about the Cincinatti Bengals legal problems, called Chad Johnson a trouble maker and cancer, etc.

Once the bees are in the collective bonnet of the supporters, it was hard to step off the accelerator, which wasn't the best idea. Like I said, I usually don't like to get this deep into it, because people are right, I don't know all the facts. The last time I looked though, it wasn't a crime to go off of your gut instinct and come to the conclusion that a guy doesn't look like he has much of a future after I was able to read, watch and digest the media out there on Hardy and hear a few words out of him myself. At the end of the day, he's probably going to make 15x my income this year, so what I think of him is really irrelevant.

Yes, you did escalate throughout the thread. I agree. I mostly found your comments funny, which is why I went through the effort to cut and paste them. It was nice to see the build up then to have it come back to "lets gets reasonable".

And I do agree, there really is nothing to do but wait. I hope Hardy pulls his head out of his ass and realizes what he could have if he stays out of trouble. On the plus side.. what's there to do in Buffalo outside of Applebee's? :ph34r: So maybe he finds less trouble. Maybe a few players become positive influences. Maybe his Dad gets the hint and stays away. All I know is, as with all Bills' players, I'll be hoping for the best.

STOP IT BILL!! lol

so this whole thread aside, yeah of course the fo is mortified.

so was i when i first read this. let's hope this is the shot in the ass everyone needs to keep everything wired tight.

Common sense is to not automatically assume that because Hardy once grabbed his girlfriend by the neck, the girl who claims she was the one who caused it, and the girl he has been with since they were 13 (well before he was a famous football star) -- that he is automatically going to go off and attack someone or be put in jail. The only other things we know he did were buy a keg of beer (his school suspension) and take out his (legal) gun from his pocket. That's it. He's not even EVER been ACCUSED by ANYONE of POINTING the damn thing. That's the total extent of his problems in five years that we know of. No one close to him thinks he has problems. The cops don't think so. His family doesn't think so. The Bills, a rather conservative team don't think so.

You and a few others seem to be going off the handle more than he did.

I am not just a blind homer. If he smacked around his girlfriend I think he should be put in jail a few days, which is what happened even though she says she started it, and his shirt was ripped. If he did ANYTHING WHATSOVER to the baby you know as well as anyone police and child services wouldn't let him anywhere near the kid.

He may or may not have serious anger issues. He may or may not get in all kinds of legal trouble in the future. He may or may not be involved in a shooting somewhere down the line. I have no idea. I would not be shocked. If he does, I doubt I want him on the team. My problem with you and a few others is that from precious little real information, you automatically assume the guy is a thug and that he will just go off his rocker. You're basically willing to bet $100 he shoots someone within 9 months. That's just plain crazy in my book.

Kelly, I'm sorry. I don't get angry about much, and while this isn't directed specifically at you, but the propensity to excuse extreme violence toward women -- and yes, when a 6'6" football player chokes a woman, that's extreme to the point of potentially homicidal -- by a few here is sickening. Moreover, the propensity to slough this off as a one-timer that could even conceivably be her fault (!!) because she claimed it was is insulting. As is bringing up uninteresting ancillary points about the baby possibly not being hit because the Fort Wayne media didn't go to town with part of the story. As far as I'm concerned, that would merely be the icing on the cake of an already disturbing story of violence toward women. The fact is, a young woman was choked by a very large football player who also ripped a telephone out of the wall when she was calling 911. Those facts are not in dispute. He wasn't convicted, but you know how those things go -- a "diversionary program" is another name for admission of guilt. Do people make amends for their past? Sure. And I hope he does. But I'm not willing to excuse truly terrible behavior because the woman is still with him. He will always be an unappealing player to me for that reason. I hope he turns over a new leaf, and I'll root for him to succeed with the Bills because he's a team member. But I won't feel great doing it.

Also, re: the Bills being willing to give him a pass and the girlfriend and the dad letting episodes pass, a term comes to mind: meal ticket. Despite illusions to the contrary, the Bills are a standard-issue NFL team, all of which overlook criminal behavior when it comes to rare talents (see Stevens, Jerramy; Pittman, Michael). They need a big receiver who can score touchdowns, and it looks he can do this pretty well. Hence they'll overlook unsavory episodes by chalking them up to youth and hope for the best. Every team does it because they're so desperate to win, and many times they end up being burned. And I would not be shocked if the girlfriend -- who has his son to take care of -- and the dad had at the back of their minds the fact that within three months, Hardy will be a millionaire.