Bills "mortified"

You guys take homerism to a new level.

With his history of unstable, if not violent reactions to stressful situations, it is only a matter of time before that gun he is waving around, goes off and wounds or kills innocent bystanders.

But as long as he is a Bill, we should turn a blind eye to this behavior and create endless excuses.

First off, I clearly said that if there was enough evidence to show that he pulled the gun on his father with malicious intent that was wrong and he should be punished. You are not the person reading the police reports, or the prosecutor who is making the charging decisions. Those two persons determined there was nothing there. No offense, but I am going to defer to the Indiana county DA's judgment over yours.

As for "violent reactions to stressful situations" there is one "known" incident for which the charges were dropped concerning his girlfriend. If he hit her, that was wrong, but it was up to her to press the case. She did not, for whatever reason. As for this incident, no one knows what happened, but the police and the prosecutor for that county aren't moving forward with any criminal charges. One cited incident is not a history. I he had three or four cited incidents of violence, I would agree, but he doesn't. He has one. He grew up in a tough neighborhood without a father and a mother. I can understand that he has some problems in his life that he is still trying to work out. That is no reason to suggest that he is going to go and off someone.

People should try and reserve judgment until such time as it is legitimately rendered. Give the guy a chance for god-sake before you run him out of town. Just because someone takes a wait and see approach on a guy who isn't clearly guilty of anything doesn't mean I take "homerism" to a new level. I didn't support Anthony Hargrove when he was doing drugs and getting into fights outside of night clubs. Then again, he pled GUILTY to those charges and it was clear that he did the crime. Could you perhaps stop being so judgmental about a person before we know any real facts, or have and opportunity to see what he can really do. I think getting away from Indiana is exactly what the doctor ordered. I think that once he gets into town and has a chance to connect with his mother's family who lives in the area, his life will start to calm down. Not having to deal with his father will likely also help.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am willing to bet that the guy cracks under pressure by January...probably by August. I do not know if it will manifest itself in a shooting, but I wouldn't rule out things like a Mike Williams training camp AWOL, a suspension, a suicide, jail, customs problems, etc. I want a little more subjectivity, although that is what we are really talking about right now.

On the other end of things...maybe sprinkle in a few missed practices because "his alarm didn't go off", maybe a missed team flight....heck, maybe Donte Whitner will pull a Troy Vincent and welcome this guy to Buffalo with an IR stint.

If this guy goes on to be a productive NFL wide receiver, I'll choke. I once made a bet like this with a Dolphins fan about TE Johnnie Mitchell. He was excited when the Fins signed him and I said he wouldn't even make the opening day roster. We bet, and he didn't make it to training camp before wigging out. This is what this reminds me of, but even more sinister. Like I said, Hardy might not be a true bad guy, but the car is out of allignment, and I don't want to ride in it.

I won't bet straight on the gun, but if we pool all the other goodies together I am willing to bet we get multiple instances. I wish the guy well...I want the team to do well...but this guy is going to be in the local press as often as OJ is for stupid stuff.

So in other words, you just spout bullschit and then when called on it, won't back it up. Carry on.

So in other words, you just spout bullschit and then when called on it, won't back it up. Carry on.

Alright....I'll put up $100 and you put up $300....just like I said in the post. I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009. The reason I am hesitant to bet is that any chickensh!t that doesn't admit Hardy is at more of a risk to get in trouble than someone in the general population is probably the type of weasel that will not pay up on a bet.

Now how do you want to pay?

Considering how Hardy is just misunderstood, and he is no real risk.....and just 2 % of the population is arrested in any given year, then technically you can say I should be given up to 80-1 odds considering the timeframe. That is how confident I am that we are dealing with a problem. I am letting you off on 3-1 odds.

Now, hopefully you will be at the home opening tailgate, because I have a funny feeling I will be able to collect by then.

I hate to "root" for somebody's demise, but since I have zero control over this champion of society's actions, I shouldn't worry too much.

First off, I clearly said that if there was enough evidence to show that he pulled the gun on his father with malicious intent that was wrong and he should be punished. You are not the person reading the police reports, or the prosecutor who is making the charging decisions. Those two persons determined there was nothing there. No offense, but I am going to defer to the Indiana county DA's judgment over yours.

As for "violent reactions to stressful situations" there is one "known" incident for which the charges were dropped concerning his girlfriend. If he hit her, that was wrong, but it was up to her to press the case. She did not, for whatever reason. As for this incident, no one knows what happened, but the police and the prosecutor for that county aren't moving forward with any criminal charges. One cited incident is not a history. I he had three or four cited incidents of violence, I would agree, but he doesn't. He has one. He grew up in a tough neighborhood without a father and a mother. I can understand that he has some problems in his life that he is still trying to work out. That is no reason to suggest that he is going to go and off someone.

People should try and reserve judgment until such time as it is legitimately rendered. Give the guy a chance for god-sake before you run him out of town. Just because someone takes a wait and see approach on a guy who isn't clearly guilty of anything doesn't mean I take "homerism" to a new level. I didn't support Anthony Hargrove when he was doing drugs and getting into fights outside of night clubs. Then again, he pled GUILTY to those charges and it was clear that he did the crime. Could you perhaps stop being so judgmental about a person before we know any real facts, or have and opportunity to see what he can really do. I think getting away from Indiana is exactly what the doctor ordered. I think that once he gets into town and has a chance to connect with his mother's family who lives in the area, his life will start to calm down. Not having to deal with his father will likely also help.

Is he bringing his gun to Buffalo?

As much as most posters on this board exhibit blind homerism, Hardy is a time bomb waiting to explode.

There were concerns raised about his off the field conduct before the draft. It has been less than a month after drafted and he hasn;t even signed a contract, yet the rumors of his questionable conduct and judgment have already been confirmed.

It's only a matter of time before he gets involved in something serious.

Please. His son was inadvertently hit, and barely touched at that. And his father didn't have any signs of injury, which is why the police dropped the case (not to mention the unreliability of the "witness" and no one else willing to give testimony). I guess some would call brandishing a weapon "violent," but I certainly wouldn't, and given dad's history, he probably wouldn't either.

And as for the incident with the girlfriend, she was described as having red marks on the side and back of her neck. That sounds like he grabbed her. While that's violent in nature, it's not exactly hauling-off an punching her. And it happened 2 years ago. You'd figure that if he couldn't help himself, he'd have "hit" her again sometime within the past 2 years.

True Hardy has some issues to work out. But to start a "countdown to arrest" is premature.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/images..._nile_river.jpg

It's not just this, though.

:sick:

If this guy was a phin or a Patriot*, y'all would be excoriating him.

Right, just like I'd "excoriate" Fred Davis for sleeping through practice or Malcolm Kelly for dogging it. Oh, wait. :ph34r:

Is he bringing his gun to Buffalo?

As much as most posters on this board exhibit blind homerism, Hardy is a time bomb waiting to explode.

There were concerns raised about his off the field conduct before the draft. It has been less than a month after drafted and he hasn;t even signed a contract, yet the rumors of his questionable conduct and judgment have already been confirmed.

It's only a matter of time before he gets involved in something serious.

Well if it's going to happen soon, hold your breath until it does.

:ph34r:

That is why I am so pumped about this thing. If it was simple denial that is one thing, but I am having a tough time understanding if some here believe their own BS...or are just sticking to their guns in a pure homerism defense. Either way, it is alarming and takes a little fun out football when I see some of the names defending the guy in this thread.

The only people I expect to coddle Hardy at this point are Molson2002, and possibly any other schoolgirl going for a liberal arts education. To dismiss Hardy's actions by blaming it on his childhood is an insult to about 50,000,000 other Americans who have lived through similar circumstances yet somehow find a way not to beat multiple members of their family. Maybe when Hardy kicks a puppy over Niagara Falls we'll get a little common sense here.

Alright....I'll put up $100 and you put up $300....just like I said in the post. I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009. The reason I am hesitant to bet is that any chickensh!t that doesn't admit Hardy is at more of a risk to get in trouble than someone in the general population is probably the type of weasel that will not pay up on a bet.

I'll take that bet on the following terms:

(1) We both pledge an equal amount--$100

(2) The loser pays the money to the charity of the winners choice.

(3) The payout occurs January 31, 2009.

PM me so we can put it in writing. If you wish to have a third party referee from TSW, I'm comfortable with that too.

[Edited: I sent you a PM with my name, work address, phone number and email address...]

:ph34r:

That is why I am so pumped about this thing. If it was simple denial that is one thing, but I am having a tough time understanding if some here believe their own BS...or are just sticking to their guns in a pure homerism defense. Either way, it is alarming and takes a little fun out football when I see some of the names defending the guy in this thread.

The only people I expect to coddle Hardy at this point are Molson2002, and possibly any other schoolgirl going for a liberal arts education. To dismiss Hardy's actions by blaming it on his childhood is an insult to about 50,000,000 other Americans who have lived through similar circumstances yet somehow find a way not to beat multiple members of their family. Maybe when Hardy kicks a puppy over Niagara Falls we'll get a little common sense here.

Well since you're bringing this up, as long as Hardy didn't do anything to take him off the football field, how does this incident (or his earlier one with his girlfriend) affect you? Does it embarrass you? So what? He plays for your favorite football team and that's it. It's not like he's you or that you're condoning his behavior because he's on your favorite football team. I'm sure there were more than a few Bills players you've disliked (and had the internet been around for most of Bruce's early career...) but who you tolerated because they were good players, or even co-workers.

The notion that pro athletes are role models died with that Charles Barkley commercial. Or it should have. I don't care about what Hardy does off the field just as long as it doesn't take him away from the field, and as long as he produces. I don't care if my boys read that he beat-up his girlfriend or brandished a gun. If they had a problem with it, they'd come talk to me. They wouldn't start emulating that behavior because I taught them differently.

And I look at JP for the flip-side of this. Here is a guy who bought a house in downtown and had made efforts to clean-up the city, but people treat him like a red-headed stepchild because the Bills have been bad while he's been a starter. Why the double-standard? I think you know why.

I just noticed you're from Tallahassee. No wonder you expect the cops to look away for football players.

I'm not going to argue it at all. But lets continue to pretend that Tallahassee is the only big time college football town where this happens. As for miami, at least FSU didnt need to actually institute a rule prohibiting players from bringing guns into the locker room.

Considering how Hardy is just misunderstood, and he is no real risk.....and just 2 % of the population is arrested in any given year, then technically you can say I should be given up to 80-1 odds considering the timeframe. That is how confident I am that we are dealing with a problem. I am letting you off on 3-1 odds.

Now, hopefully you will be at the home opening tailgate, because I have a funny feeling I will be able to collect by then.

I hate to "root" for somebody's demise, but since I have zero control over this champion of society's actions, I shouldn't worry too much.

The entire problem with your posts is that you are overracting and assuming in response to a relatively non-issue. You are treating Hardy as if he should be in a straight jacket somewhere, with knowing 0 facts about what went on and what hardy's been through. Yes, he had one issue with his girlfriend. But he's also still with her and has been with her for 8 years. It would seem like they have a stable relationship. Its not like he goes around willis-style nailing anything that walks and then beating her ass.

As for trading him/cutting him, thank God you are nowhere near the front office of the Bills.

I'll take that bet on the following terms:

(1) We both pledge an equal amount--$100

(2) The loser pays the money to the charity of the winners choice.

(3) The payout occurs January 31, 2009.

PM me so we can put it in writing. If you wish to have a third party referee from TSW, I'm comfortable with that too.

[Edited: I sent you a PM with my name, work address, phone number and email address...]

OK....we're done on this one. The original offer is still out there for Kelly and then the windows are closed. If many more people come waving Ben Franklin in my face, I may have to go cold-rooster Hardy myself. My winnings would at least pay for the legal fees I'm guessing.

The entire problem with your posts is that you are overracting and assuming in response to a relatively non-issue. You are treating Hardy as if he should be in a straight jacket somewhere, with knowing 0 facts about what went on and what hardy's been through. Yes, he had one issue with his girlfriend. But he's also still with her and has been with her for 8 years. It would seem like they have a stable relationship. Its not like he goes around willis-style nailing anything that walks and then beating her ass.

As for trading him/cutting him, thank God you are nowhere near the front office of the Bills.

Wow...you must not watch the TV show COPS much! Daddy didn't snitch on his boy, the cops don't want to write up all the paperwork, go get the warrant and get the clown because daddy didn't seem to have a problem with it. Nobody's dead....case closed.

Hardy beats up the girlfriend in a blind rage. That is the only thing it can be, because if Hardy knowingly hit his infant son, the guy is the scum of the earth. When you are dealing with a guy that has ZERO control, it is all fair game.

The only guy that gave Hardy a chance was his coach, and he held Hardy's hand every minute it sounds like. Even he had to suspend Hardy. Well, now the guy is dead, and Hardy has nobody to turn to once again. He probably has the emotional comprehension of a 7 year old, and his only way of dealing with stress is to throw a tantrum. In this 7 year old's case, he can actually carry a weapon, so there in lies the fun. Hardy needs to be in an "emotional straight jacket". I have to see who his agent is, but if I was that guy I would have Hardy living with me so he can't get in trouble.

It is another 4 months until the season even starts. Loooong....hot summer. Tick Tock Tick Tock Clarice :ph34r:

Right, just like I'd "excoriate" Fred Davis for sleeping through practice or Malcolm Kelly for dogging it. Oh, wait. :ph34r:

I've no idea what you're jabbering about.

Is "being lazy is the same thing as beating women and drawing firearms" your briliant follow up to "pulling a gun isn't violent"?

You're on fire...... :sick:

The problem here is one of rashness. Several posters seem to want to act rashly and cut Hardy before he has a chance. So, they seem to suggest that at the first sign of trouble, you cut and run. Why not try to work with the guy? Get him into town and put him into a better environment. Council the guy. Why not try to get him on the right track before you write him off?

The problem here is one of rashness. Several posters seem to want to act rashly and cut Hardy before he has a chance. So, they seem to suggest that at the first sign of trouble, you cut and run. Why not try to work with the guy? Get him into town and put him into a better environment. Council the guy. Why not try to get him on the right track before you write him off?

with all the WRs on the board, Hardy should not have even been on their board.

The front office is looking pretty hypercritcal in stressing high character - then picking a turd with a questionable past who blows up before he is even signed.

Looks like they should sigend Ernest Wilford or Bryant Johnson and drafted an OL in 2nd round.

Because I was told that on April 11th by Hardy himself, then 3 weeks later he has his "misunderstanding".

I'm a big fan of 2nd chances. If I trust you and you give me your word and I stick my neck out on the line for you, then you screw off again...and so soon? You're done.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......Ain't Got No..Booooooooooody!

Prove it. Pick a side, that what he did was justified or unjustified, and support that position with well-established facts about the case.