Bills "mortified"

My checkbook's warmed up, should there be a charge involving Hardy (although getting immunity would seem to preclude that possibility, wouldn't you agree?).

"I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009. The reason I am hesitant to bet is that any chickensh!t that doesn't admit Hardy is at more of a risk to get in trouble than someone in the general population is probably the type of weasel that will not pay up on a bet."

I hear you....but a cavalcade of other charges may come forth with this crew. They should be playing Benny Hill music.

By the way.....anyone here in a car that ran over a girl and sped off in the past 3 weeks, feel free to say so since I'm sure this is a common occurance and not a poor reflection on James Hardy or any other member of the Bills!

6% in my friend.....6% in!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you a story. About 15 years ago, myself and my now-wife-then-girlfriend were pulling out of a Burger King. The problem was that there was a "no left turn" sign and it was a hassle to make a right turn and then do a uey. Since the road was empty, I decided to take the left turn. Well wouldn't you know it, a cop happened to be hiding out down the road, saw it, and proceeded to pull me over. He was polite, I was polite, and I thought that honesty would be the best policy, so when he asked if I saw the sign, I said "yes officer." He wrote me a ticket even thought the road was empty and there was no danger to myself or anyone else.

Like yours, my story isn't H&R. But given where Lynch grew up, the hassles he's been getting from the police department over the past year, and the advice of his legal counsel, who knows a lot more about these situations than any of us, I don't totally blame him for handling things the way he has.

A ticket is no big deal. A grand jury investigation is a big deal. If ML gave an explanation this would be over by now.

Not all lawyers are good. This one sounds like a real ass, ML needs a new one.

I didn't get it from the police blotter. I got it from the "sleepy eyes" as one unidentified AFC scout said in another thread.

This isn't a hard call to make. If he was on the Dolphins this would also be a 10 page thread. It would be covered in a lot more gooey white stuff though.

Ironic..12 and counting..

Nice call Dwight..If I had bet against you my check would be written and in the mail...I guess the whole jist of your conclusion on Hardy is that his character is should I say somewhat lacking??LOL..If you continually put yourself into a bad position your judgement and charactere are going to decide what you do and how you handle a certain argument or situation..Once youre character has been developed it is very hard to change it...

A ticket is no big deal. A grand jury investigation is a big deal. If ML gave an explanation this would be over by now.

Not all lawyers are good. This one sounds like a real ass, ML needs a new one.

That could be the case. Again Marshawn doesn't know the law and his lawyer does, so him leaving it up to his lawyer makes sense. To a point.

Now, in the spirit of the bet....I am clearly victorious. Three more weeks, at the scene of another crime.

Since it's for charity, I'll wait for a charge to be filed in order to have a 100% lock. I just like watching all the other cockroaches scurry for the cupboards as the light of truth is shined upon the situation.

You said at the scene of a shooting, lol. You win nothing.

(You're wayyyyy to happy about a Bills player potentially being in trouble with the law, btw).

You said at the scene of a shooting, lol. You win nothing.

(You're wayyyyy to happy about a Bills player potentially being in trouble with the law, btw).

I don't know if you are playing the part of a fictional character, but I feel that anyone with 100% objectivity and 100% mental capacity understands the gist of my original point in this thread, and would tend to admit that being in a vehicle at 3:30 AM after a night of drinking, when you are supposed to catch a bus to Canton, OH at 7:30 AM, and said vehicle runs over a pedestrian and takes off, leading to grand jury proceedings for yourself and 8 other co-workers while turning the potentially simple situation into front page national news................that this JUST MIGHT DISPLAY A LACK OF CHARACTER.

The fact that you are playing 2 Cent Lawyer (Hey, maybe you can work on Marshawn's dream team), shows just the lack of character I am talking about, and referenced earlier in the thread about understanding that I am in a no win position because anyone that is willing to stand up for a guy like Hardy after the things he did is probably the kind of guy that not only won't pay off a bet, but would probably cop a feel off of his best friend's grandmother.

The bet was for charity, so I am not too worried. The joy comes not at Hardy screwing up once again, but for all of the Twobillsdrive Aholes that whether they want to admit it or not, can go eat a big fat bowl of FU right now. I'm sure James Hardy can't even pay attention to this thread long enough to be offended if he tried to read it, but I have been called names or made fun of by a few dozen on these boards for simply having a strong opinion. Well, even though Mr Bluefire et al won't admit it.......I have a little happy spot in my heart that knows deep down in those all-knowing, non-judgemental brains of yours........that you are reeling. And you are reeling every day of your lives trying to justify being such a champion of a sh!thouse disguised as a palace.

The Inflatable Raft that is the Buffalo Bills Franchise has just been punctured, and the lifevest that is Marv Levy is far...far away.

I am willing to bet that the guy cracks under pressure by January...probably by August. I do not know if it will manifest itself in a shooting, but I wouldn't rule out things like a Mike Williams training camp AWOL, a suspension, a suicide, jail, customs problems, etc. I want a little more subjectivity, although that is what we are really talking about right now.

On the other end of things...maybe sprinkle in a few missed practices because "his alarm didn't go off", maybe a missed team flight....heck, maybe Donte Whitner will pull a Troy Vincent and welcome this guy to Buffalo with an IR stint.

If this guy goes on to be a productive NFL wide receiver, I'll choke. I once made a bet like this with a Dolphins fan about TE Johnnie Mitchell. He was excited when the Fins signed him and I said he wouldn't even make the opening day roster. We bet, and he didn't make it to training camp before wigging out. This is what this reminds me of, but even more sinister. Like I said, Hardy might not be a true bad guy, but the car is out of allignment, and I don't want to ride in it.

I won't bet straight on the gun, but if we pool all the other goodies together I am willing to bet we get multiple instances. I wish the guy well...I want the team to do well...but this guy is going to be in the local press as often as OJ is for stupid stuff.

Instead of focusing on one word in one post Bluefire The 2 Cent Lawyer.....read this

I don't know if you are playing the part of a fictional character, but I feel that anyone with 100% objectivity and 100% mental capacity understands the gist of my original point in this thread, and would tend to admit that being in a vehicle at 3:30 AM after a night of drinking, when you are supposed to catch a bus to Canton, OH at 7:30 AM, and said vehicle runs over a pedestrian and takes off, leading to grand jury proceedings for yourself and 8 other co-workers while turning the potentially simple situation into front page national news................that this JUST MIGHT DISPLAY A LACK OF CHARACTER.

So what? You agreed to a very specific bet, and you haven't won.

You also are in no place to "feel" anything, because you aren't 100% objective yourself, since you made the damned bet.

The fact that you are playing 2 Cent Lawyer (Hey, maybe you can work on Marshawn's dream team), shows just the lack of character I am talking about, and referenced earlier in the thread about understanding that I am in a no win position because anyone that is willing to stand up for a guy like Hardy after the things he did is probably the kind of guy that not only won't pay off a bet, but would probably cop a feel off of his best friend's grandmother.

The bet was for charity, so I am not too worried. The joy comes not at Hardy screwing up once again, but for all of the Twobillsdrive Aholes that whether they want to admit it or not, can go eat a big fat bowl of FU right now. I'm sure James Hardy can't even pay attention to this thread long enough to be offended if he tried to read it, but I have been called names or made fun of by a few dozen on these boards for simply having a strong opinion. Well, even though Mr Bluefire et al won't admit it.......I have a little happy spot in my heart that knows deep down in those all-knowing, non-judgemental brains of yours........that you are reeling. And you are reeling every day of your lives trying to justify being such a champion of a sh!thouse disguised as a palace.

The Inflatable Raft that is the Buffalo Bills Franchise has just been punctured, and the lifevest that is Marv Levy is far...far away.

<_< Awesome. Now people are being judged on an internet message board by someone who doesn't know sh-- about sh--.

Should be enough to make everyone realize what a joke you are.

.....read this

Or this:

"I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009."

Back to the detox ranch for a while, I guess....Maybe I can play Canasta with Steven Tyler.

Or this:

"I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009."

Back to the detox ranch for a while, I guess....Maybe I can play Canasta with Steven Tyler.

the key to that is that he says for any reason, and then includes or at the scene of a shooting (which doesn't mean he has to be involved or taken into custody, he could have just been hanging out with Pacman or Harrison one night, or with 50 cent and be somewhere a shooting happens)

You're not going to get through to him since he only reads what he wants to read, and apparently he doesn't understand the words IF or OR

the key to that is that he says for any reason, and then includes or at the scene of a shooting (which doesn't mean he has to be involved or taken into custody, he could have just been hanging out with Pacman or Harrison one night, or with 50 cent and be somewhere a shooting happens)

You're not going to get through to him since he only reads what he wants to read, and apparently he doesn't understand the words IF or OR

To simplify it even more, there are three scenarios where he 'wins':

1.) Arrested

2.) Brought into custody

3.) At the scene of a shooting

None of those occurred, therefore he doesn't.

To simplify it even more, there are three scenarios where he 'wins':

1.) Arrested

2.) Brought into custody

3.) At the scene of a shooting

None of those occurred, therefore he doesn't.

And you said he has to be at the scene of a shooting, which is not true, there doesn't have to be a shooting for him to win his bet.

Its true that technically he wouldn't win yet since they are only looking to have him testify to a grand Jury and not "taking him into custody" or "Arrested"

Or this:

Lurker....I have said multiple times....I will pay the bet. If I had said OJ Simpson was going to run for over 2,000 yards in 1973, we wagered because you said it was impossible and I was talking out of my a$$, and then he had 1,999 yards in week 12 where he ended up injured and missed the next 2 games....true, you would win the bet, but I would be the winner.

I made an opinionated call, some of the twobillsdrive elite came with pitchforks calling me a sealclubber, and here we stand today with Ralph Wilson going in front of a Grand Jury...probably because Hardy himself can't keep the story straight with police.

I even posted the original Marshawn thread, JOKING that Hardy was driving, then went on to cover my bases yesterday and ask for an objective opinion ahed of the names being released. By the way, the only new face on the issue understands where I am coming from.

So what? You agreed to a very specific bet, and you haven't won.

<_< Awesome. Now people are being judged on an internet message board by someone who doesn't know sh-- about sh--.

Should be enough to make everyone realize what a joke you are.

There are 8,000 posts from you to make a profile. I try to be understanding and nice with everyone on the board since we are supposed to be here for a shared reason, but when people start to spin.....I lose all respect. Especially when someone expects me to believe their spin.

The funny thing is, I would trust James Hardy more than I would you. Hardy may just be a product of stupidity. You purposely try to deceive.

There are 8,000 posts from you to make a profile. I try to be understanding and nice with everyone on the board since we are supposed to be here for a shared reason, but when people start to spin.....I lose all respect. Especially when someone expects me to believe their spin.

The funny thing is, I would trust James Hardy more than I would you. Hardy may just be a product of stupidity. You purposely try to deceive.

As though either one of you had any intention of paying up. <_<

I think, right now, it's time for both of you to take a step back from this thread, take a deep breath, get a sense of perspective, and realize that you both look like total !@#$ing retards here. And I mean that as someone who doesn't really give a sh-- about whether or not either of you looks retarded.

(And "subpoeaned" doesn't count as being in trouble with the law. Not until he perjures himself, which I wouldn't put past him.)

And you said he has to be at the scene of a shooting, which is not true, there doesn't have to be a shooting for him to win his bet.

No I didn't. I said if he's at the scene of a crime, he has to be at the scene of a shooting. Otherwise, he has to be taken into custody or arrested.

Its true that technically he wouldn't win yet since they are only looking to have him testify to a grand Jury and not "taking him into custody" or "Arrested"

Thats what I was talking about.

As though either one of you had any intention of paying up.

I think, right now, it's time for both of you to take a step back from this thread, take a deep breath, get a sense of perspective, and realize that you both look like total !@#$ing retards here. And I mean that as someone who doesn't really give a sh-- about whether or not either of you looks retarded.

Are you talking about the same "you" there? I didn't make any bet with the guy - I just found an opportunity for entertainment by arguing with him whether he won or not, since he so emphatically believes he did, lol.

And "subpoeaned" doesn't count as being in trouble with the law.

Bingo.

I purposely tried to deceive who here exactly? I didn't make any bet with you. <_<

As though either one of you had any intention of paying up. <_<

(And "subpoeaned" doesn't count as being in trouble with the law. Not until he perjures himself, which I wouldn't put past him.)

I will pay....Lurker will pay. The reason I agreed to such lopsided odds is because it goes to charity.

This is a pretty key moment in Bills history. It's a real life debate. The NFL was the last bit of true entertainment and sports passion I still had, and the actions of the entire Organization have chopped me down a few notches for sure. First they draft Hardy...not just draft him, but over 2 or 3 other valid options. Three weeks later he used his 'get out of jail free card" both figurative and literal. Another three weeks later we have a Hit+Run of a young girl with multiple players on the scene, then the Bills Organization does everything in it's power to "support" their players and run a pick on the police investigation. Why else do you think all the security guys are being rung up?

Going into last offseason, I was very bullish on the new season and couldn't wait for football to start. Now.....I am losing faith so fast that I hope I am excited when the season rolls around. I am a cynic by nature and do not live in a fantasy world that these guys are superheroes....but I at least hope that they are not complete garbage.

Something Stinks!