Bills "mortified"

I need a ruling ahead of time....

The Bills' rookies were visiting the Hall of Fame on Saturday, the day after the Hit+Run, so I don't expect Hardy to be involved. HOWEVER......there were 4 other Bills involved and there is a good chance they will be handed a subpoena. Does not talking to the police and being forced to testify because Hardy was at the scene of the crime constitute a winning wager? If Hardy is charged, it's cut and dry....but I would like an objective opinion.

Here is what you said:

I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009.

In that scenario, Hardy would not have been arrested, brought into custody by the police, or at the scene of a shooting. If he was at the scene of a hut n run, thats not a shooting.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what you said:

In that scenario, Hardy would not have been arrested, brought into custody by the police, or at the scene of a shooting. If he was at the scene of a hut n run, thats not a shooting.

specifics probably dont matter to a poster who is on a crusade to string up all the bills players.

You guys are pretty funny. Bluefire happens to miss the "OR" in the original wager, and since when am I crusading to string up Marshawn? I'm disappointed in Marshawn because he seemed a cool cucumber that wouldn't let this "little misunderstanding" get to the point of a law enforcement showdown which it now seems to be. It's his car, and if he came clean, there wouldn't be a problem. Each passing day is going to make a suspension more likely. He won't only owe the girl hit $500,000 but he'll owe the NFL that too. Add another $40,000 for the lawyer.....and now nobody is going to let him drink for free. That's another $65 a weekend.

I don't expect Hardy to be in the car since the team went to Ohio the next morning. If he happens to be in the car, and does not talk to police, and has to be handed a subpoena to testify......I think in the spirit of the wager, that would be a win, but if he isn't charged with purgery or accessory, then I can see why it isn't a win. The only name I have heard thrown around is Stroud, but who knows.

For purposes of this thread, Hardy in the car proves my point. I expect much bigger out of James however. Especially in the new environment that seems to be fostering down at the Ralph.

Its ok, they just pick and chose what parts they want to use to make a judgement about you and how you are really just a troll and hate the Bills

It's funny how on the Sabres board I was a Bills appologist!

I think at the first game of the season, John Gurtler (if he still has a job) should do a poll of the fans over the loudspeaker.

1) "Everyone here who thinks the Bills were a bunch of F@#kups this offseason...MAKE SOME NOISE!"

2) "EVeryone who thinks the Po-Po are a bunch of doughnut eating hosers that get their Jollies out of framing public figures, MAKE SOME NOISE!"

3) "Everyone that would put the Bike Path Rapist at WR if he could catch 80 for 1200...MAKE SOME NOISE!"

4) "Party at my house after the game!"

So James Hardy happened to be IN THE CAR.....could he have been driving?

Dum..dum..dum..dum....dum.dum.dum!

What an F'n shock......I guess I am a racist, insensitive, judgemental ahole!

Hey...since it's every 3 weeks Hardy is involved in a potential crime scene....what is the guess for the weekend of June 20th?

We still don't know the facts though.....except that practice is cancelled tomorrow.

Who needs tickets????

Still bored, huh? I bet you stuck pins into puppies when you were a kid, too.... :devil:

Now, in the spirit of the bet....I am clearly victorious. Three more weeks, at the scene of another crime.

Since it's for charity, I'll wait for a charge to be filed in order to have a 100% lock. I just like watching all the other cockroaches scurry for the cupboards as the light of truth is shined upon the situation.

....except that practice is cancelled tomorrow.

I read that in the Buffalo News article linked in another thread. I can't fathom a reason for that. I understand that there is some tension swirling about - but why sacrifice a day of practice? That's not good for vet players at camp, and especially for rookies out to demonstrate their worth.

How odd... :devil:

I read that in the Buffalo News article linked in another thread. I can't fathom a reason for that. I understand that there is some tension swirling about - but why sacrifice a day of practice? That's not good for vet players at camp, and especially for rookies out to demonstrate their worth.

best to get those potential witnesses out of the state before the police get serious

Unless there is some logical reason, I think it is safe to say that this whole incident has officially become "a distraction" for the team...of all the fuggin stupid things that have happened with this team over the years, this is bad. :w00t:

It looks like the Bills' Security Staff has been giving the "Real" Police the runaround, so Clark just handed a subpoena to the Security Staff, and those in charge of the security staff to go along with the 4 players. Ralph and Brandon get one too assuming they are telling security what to do. Now we are going to have 9 members of the organization having to get their stories straight and testify in front of the Grand Jury, or else there ARE going to be obstruction charges. This was well played by the DA.

Instead of having this go away with Lynch saying he was sorry and the public brushing it off as a young kid making a stupid decision, this has developed into a nightmare.

I guess we know why the Bills weren't worried about drafting Hardy. Great minds think alike.

Unless there is some logical reason, I think it is safe to say that this whole incident has officially become "a distraction" for the team...of all the fuggin stupid things that have happened with this team over the years, this is bad. :w00t:

It sounds like management is just as much to blame. Can anyone not see a suspension of some sort coming from the NFL after all this?

As much as I hate to say it, we just passed Spygate. 9 members of the organization under subpoena.

I bet the Bills are glad they sold out the season last week. :devil:

Hardy needs to be arrested. That was the bet. You can talk about the "spirit" of the bet all you want.

And please, you actually think Marshawn would give the keys to a rookie? Much less take the fall for him?

Hardy needs to be arrested. That was the bet. You can talk about the "spirit" of the bet all you want.

And please, you actually think Marshawn would give the keys to a rookie? Much less take the fall for him?

You really need to relax. I am not sure the reason you are so obsessed, but it isn't healthy.

I don't care about the money...it's for charity. The person that actually had the guts to make the wager seems like the kind of guy that would at least say at this juncture, "well, it looks like you may have had a point."

There is a difference between judging someone and seeing the signs of somebody that is either dumb as a doorknob or a piece of trash. It's called discernment. I think people wanted to give Hardy the benefit of the doubt because he was a Bill and I understand that. There are some things however that cannot be changed. 1) A dimwit 2) Someone with a personality disorder I played the 1-2 exacta with Hardy and seem to have hit paydirt a mere 6% into the wagering period.

I never jumped down Lynch's back. He presented himself in a fairly positive manner last year, and that is why I am disappointed by this situation. I'll tell you a story. I was with a group of friends and we were drinking and hanging out on the old Knox property. The East Aurora cops showed up. First two, then four....then eight. My friends started telling them we weren't drinking, but it was obvious that 6 teenagers just don't hang out in a polo field to smell the horsesh!t. After the fourth car pulled up, I jumped in and admitted that most of us were drinking, but a few weren't so we could drive off. They were running plates, flashing through the cars looking for booze/drugs. Anyway.....I said I was sorry for the hastle, and that we left some bottles out in the field and I would clean up the mess if the officer let me. He said ok and gave me a flashlight. Of course I wasn't going to bring back the booze....this field was bigger than The Ralph so I stumbled around for a minute until the cop waived me back in. Anyway, the officers let us go and said next time, we're all getting taken in.

Now this isn't as bad as a Hit+Run, but we were blasted and had 8 suburban cops on our buts, yet they had the common sense to see we didn't mean trouble. They could have gotten us for Underage drinking, illegal alcohol purchase, trespassing, DUI, etc. The fact that someone owned up to the situation helped enough for the situation to resolve at that point. I know without a doubt that they were ready for us to lie, stumble into the car, and then pull us over 30 feet later for a DUI.

All Lynch had to do was be honest. If the guy was so blasted that he couldn't at least talk to the Cops in a reasonable state of mind, then he has bigger problems down the road than this. Sometimes, a stand up move can get you out of a bad situation. Much of this world is so warped when it comes to values that I guess I understand why some here don't understand that.

You really need to relax. I am not sure the reason you are so obsessed, but it isn't healthy.

Oh, the irony! Are you for real? :devil:

I don't care about the money...it's for charity. The person that actually had the guts to make the wager seems like the kind of guy that would at least say at this juncture, "well, it looks like you may have had a point."

How, by being in the car (as if his being there was the reason for the H&R) and not wanting to give-up a teammate that he'll be playing alongside for at least the next 4 years? And I'm not the one who suggested he was driving a veteran player's $100K car.

There is a difference between judging someone and seeing the signs of somebody that is either dumb as a doorknob or a piece of trash. It's called discernment. I think people wanted to give Hardy the benefit of the doubt because he was a Bill and I understand that. There are some things however that cannot be changed. 1) A dimwit 2) Someone with a personality disorder I played the 1-2 exacta with Hardy and seem to have hit paydirt a mere 6% into the wagering period.

Hardy assaulted his girlfriend. He was 19 and made a mistake, he admitted to making a mistake, and hasn't had another incident like that in the 9 years he's know his girlfriend, or in the 2 years since it happened. He may have pulled a gun on his dad. Dad doesn't want to press charges and both claim there was no gun. And these lead you to write-off Hardy forever? As I said elsewhere, these guys aren't role models and don't represent you or your team, except on the field. People have this fantasy that they're something they're not.

I never jumped down Lynch's back. He presented himself in a fairly positive manner last year, and that is why I am disappointed by this situation. I'll tell you a story. I was with a group of friends and we were drinking and hanging out on the old Knox property. The East Aurora cops showed up. First two, then four....then eight. My friends started telling them we weren't drinking, but it was obvious that 6 teenagers just don't hang out in a polo field to smell the horsesh!t. After the fourth car pulled up, I jumped in and admitted that most of us were drinking, but a few weren't so we could drive off. They were running plates, flashing through the cars looking for booze/drugs. Anyway.....I said I was sorry for the hastle, and that we left some bottles out in the field and I would clean up the mess if the officer let me. He said ok and gave me a flashlight. Of course I wasn't going to bring back the booze....this field was bigger than The Ralph so I stumbled around for a minute until the cop waived me back in. Anyway, the officers let us go and said next time, we're all getting taken in.

Now this isn't as bad as a Hit+Run, but we were blasted and had 8 suburban cops on our buts, yet they had the common sense to see we didn't mean trouble. They could have gotten us for Underage drinking, illegal alcohol purchase, trespassing, DUI, etc. The fact that someone owned up to the situation helped enough for the situation to resolve at that point. I know without a doubt that they were ready for us to lie, stumble into the car, and then pull us over 30 feet later for a DUI.

All Lynch had to do was be honest. If the guy was so blasted that he couldn't at least talk to the Cops in a reasonable state of mind, then he has bigger problems down the road than this. Sometimes, a stand up move can get you out of a bad situation. Much of this world is so warped when it comes to values that I guess I understand why some here don't understand that.

Let me tell you a story. About 15 years ago, myself and my now-wife-then-girlfriend were pulling out of a Burger King. The problem was that there was a "no left turn" sign and it was a hassle to make a right turn and then do a uey. Since the road was empty, I decided to take the left turn. Well wouldn't you know it, a cop happened to be hiding out down the road, saw it, and proceeded to pull me over. He was polite, I was polite, and I thought that honesty would be the best policy, so when he asked if I saw the sign, I said "yes officer." He wrote me a ticket even thought the road was empty and there was no danger to myself or anyone else.

Like yours, my story isn't H&R. But given where Lynch grew up, the hassles he's been getting from the police department over the past year, and the advice of his legal counsel, who knows a lot more about these situations than any of us, I don't totally blame him for handling things the way he has.

Now, in the spirit of the bet....I am clearly victorious. Three more weeks, at the scene of another crime.

Since it's for charity, I'll wait for a charge to be filed in order to have a 100% lock. I just like watching all the other cockroaches scurry for the cupboards as the light of truth is shined upon the situation.

My checkbook's warmed up, should there be a charge involving Hardy (although getting immunity would seem to preclude that possibility, wouldn't you agree?).

"I want my money if Hardy is arrested or brought into custody by the police for any reason, or at the scene of a shooting by the end of January 2009. The reason I am hesitant to bet is that any chickensh!t that doesn't admit Hardy is at more of a risk to get in trouble than someone in the general population is probably the type of weasel that will not pay up on a bet."