Hopw many of you have pulled a gun

Tcali

on your dad? Just curious. Probably 30-40% is my guess.Thought I'd lighten things up a bit.

I guess the real question is, how many of you grew up in the ghetto, hood, or slums in extreme poverty with gangs, guns, and violence a normal way of life? How many of you have a "father" that spent the majority of his life in prison for crimes such as cocaine dealing and armed robbery? Then imagine your "father" gets out of jail, a "father" you never really knew, and now wants to be a part of your life as well as your childs. I'd probably do whatever it takes to keep the scum bag low life "father" away from me and my family. But fortunately I can't put myself in his shoes, since I had a very good upbringing. Although it seems a lot of the folks on this board grew up in those circumstances and know exactly what it is like and know exactly what happened in this instance.....

Do i count if my son pulled a gun on me? My two years old one just did with his Playmobil pirate figurine!!

(makes me wonder if Playmobils exist in the US...)

It did in Canada, I had some when I was a kid, and remember going into a couple stores where they carried them.

I guess the real question is, how many of you grew up in the ghetto, hood, or slums in extreme poverty with gangs, guns, and violence a normal way of life? How many of you have a "father" that spent the majority of his life in prison for crimes such as cocaine dealing and armed robbery? Then imagine your "father" gets out of jail, a "father" you never really knew, and now wants to be a part of your life as well as your childs. I'd probably do whatever it takes to keep the scum bag low life "father" away from me and my family. But fortunately I can't put myself in his shoes, since I had a very good upbringing. Although it seems a lot of the folks on this board grew up in those circumstances and know exactly what it is like and know exactly what happened in this instance.....

"Im from the streets, G-G-G-G-G-Unit",.......... "G-G-G-G-Get your ass in the car"

It did in Canada, I had some when I was a kid, and remember going into a couple stores where they carried them.

I think the headquarters are in Germany... they must exist for about 40-50 years and it's about as big as Lego here in Europe, with an almost cult-like following ... i wish i had kept all the ones i had as a kid for my son...

Like go to a family get together where he would be attending?

I don't get what everyone is flipping out about in the other post and going after anyone that isn't blindly defending him. No one (ok, there have been one or 2) is saying he should go to jail, be banned, sent to prison, or released by the Bills and have his NFL career cut short because of this. The only thing people have said is that it shows poor judgement on him if he pulled his gun out on his father during a heated arguement, if his father was unarmed and he was not in a situation where he feared for his life. Some, including me, have only said that if he pulled a gun out in this situation, he should be seeking counsiling for anger management, because it seems like he may have a problem, and no one wants this guy to end up doing something that could put his career in jeopardy in the future.

He is a Pro Athlete now and is going to be in the spotlight and make lots of money. He is going to have to be careful with his decisions, and stay out of situations that could end up showing poor judgement by him. If he feels the need to have to carry a gun to a family get together, maybe its somewhere that he should stay away from because it could show bad judgement on his part.

Flame away about how I'm a moron just making assumptions and how he is innocent until proven guilty

I think the headquarters are in Germany... they must exist for about 40-50 years and it's about as big as Lego here in Europe, with an almost cult-like following ... i wish i had kept all the ones i had as a kid for my son...

I think I still have mine. I know I still have my old lego's, but I only had a couple of the playmobil stuff. I think I had a small Cowboys and Indians set, and a gas station with a Car and a Jeep

Do i count if my son pulled a gun on me? My two years old one just did with his Playmobil pirate figurine!!

(makes me wonder if Playmobils exist in the US...)

Yes. See them all the time, probably available at Target and Wal-Mart.

I have not.

My Dad also did not abandon me by spending my childhood in prison.

I also did not have to sleep on my uncle's couch in a one bedroom apartment because my parents were not around to help take care of me.

For those of us that grew up in white, middle class suburbia, I dare say that it is difficult to imagine what James Hardy had to endure while growing up.

In any event, we have no idea what happened the other day. I am not in a position to pass judgment at this time.

I have not.

I also did not have to sleep on my uncle's couch in a one bedroom apartment because my parents were not around to help take care of me.

For those of us that grew up in white, middle class suburbia, I dare say that it is difficult to imagine what James Hardy had to endure while growing up.

In any event, we have no idea what happened the other day. I am not in a position to pass judgment at this time.

Exactly!

And now that Hardy "made it"... I have to ask the question... Why is his dad back in his life?

:blink::rolleyes:

I have not.

But does any of that really excuse him ? Just because you have had a hard life, it doesn't excuse anyone from making bad judgement calls, or to use violence against another.

A mature, intellegnet person, with a very bright and rich future infront of them doesn't use that as an excuse to do stupid things, and possibly put themselves into a situation where they could do the same to their own children. And I'm not just talking about Hardy, i'm talking about anyone who has had a rough childhood. Bright people use that situation and grow/learn from it

Having deadbeat parents is not an excuse to carry a weapon and "allegedly" pull it out during an arguement, where no other weapons were drawn.

Bingo. Anyone who fits the bill, please feel free to answer the original question.