Development along waterfront

Wow EZC replied to post by erynthered, before he even posted. It's like a LOST episode, sweet....

:lol: Scary, eh? I didnt think the first post stuck, so I reposted. He must have hit reply before I deleted. He's a fast little !@#$er, no? :P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY clever. How many people are going to continue to steal this gay line? I give you credit for beating Ramius to the punch though.

I saw pictures of the HSBC Arena in the paper before it was built.

Just an FYI, when something is proposed- ["to offer or suggest for consideration or acceptance"]- people want to see a rendering of what it may look like. In fact, colored renderings are often REQUIRED by building departments for permit approval. If you read the article without the picture, you would be wondering what the hell the design looked like. But if they include a picture, it is an opportunity for a snarky comment. Sweet.

Do not worry. Ramius will be joining in shortly to tell us that WNY is a sh*t hole, that our lives suck because we have not moved out of WNY & that the Buffalo library must be letting the retard rodeo play with their computers today. If I know him as well as I think I do, he will then finish by telling us that we better get off the computer because we are late for work at our low paying jobs at Mcdonalds.

Hope this doesn't affect those poor seagulls.... :lol:

Wait until the refinery has its first accident. It'll be poor seagull, poor fishy, poor muscle etc.

But, Buffalo will continue to horde fresh water while others suffer. :P

VERY clever. How many people are going to continue to steal this gay line? I give you credit for beating Ramius to the punch though.

I saw pictures of the HSBC Arena in the paper before it was built.

Just an FYI, when something is proposed- ["to offer or suggest for consideration or acceptance"]- people want to see a rendering of what it may look like. In fact, colored renderings are often REQUIRED by building departments for permit approval. If you read the article without the picture, you would be wondering what the hell the design looked like. But if they include a picture, it is an opportunity for a snarky comment. Sweet.

Forgive me for not believing anything until i see it actually built. I'm basing my statements off of Buffalo's... how shall we say it...less than stellar track record of actually seeing any of their great wonderful plans through to completion.

Do not worry. Ramius will be joining in shortly to tell us that WNY is a sh*t hole, that our lives suck because we have not moved out of WNY & that the Buffalo library must be letting the retard rodeo play with their computers today. If I know him as well as I think I do, he will then finish by telling us that we better get off the computer because we are late for work at our low paying jobs at Mcdonalds.

:lol:

I shouldnt be surprised that a knumbskull like yourself cannot differentiate between me trashing the city for its poor lack of planning and development, and me trashing the inhabitants (which i havent done). Compared to the majority fo the country, Buffalo is an economic dump. Notice: this is me trashing the city, while not trashing the people who live thereIf you've got a job there, great! 90% of my family has decent paying jobs in Buffalo. I like the area and love going back to visit a few times per year, and i love going back to bills games. However, there is nothing back in Buffalo that would ever bring me back to live there permanently. There simply isnt. Its not the people, its not the area, its the lack of jobs. Until Buffalo finds a way to rebuild the city and give people from other parts of the country a reason to move to buffalo, it isnt going to all of a sudden grow and prosper because someone builds 100 condos.

Now get back on the drive-thru window. The line is getting fairly long.

yes the PLAN is progressing.....in order to build something like this, there are steps that need to be taken......this is one of those steps moron!

the only plan "progressing" in WNY is stogan re-seeding his lawn.

he should have the design plans out by mid-july.

Then he'll have to present those plans to the Zoning board, and the first opening isn't until November. Thus being to late to re-seed the grass upon any approval from the board. He'll have to wait till next September and reapply to the zoning board.

Then he'll have to present those plans to the Zoning board, and the first opening isn't until November. Thus being to late to re-seed the grass upon any approval from the board. He'll have to wait till next September and reapply to the zoning board.

Even when he does get approval and finally gets the lawn seeded, the unions wont let him set the sprinkler on a timer. They'll force him to pay the 12 year old next door $25/day to come over and turn the sprinkler on and off. Then the kid will forget, the lawn will die, and we'll be back at square one with the kid suffering no repercussions.

Even when he does get approval and finally gets the lawn seeded, the unions wont let him set the sprinkler on a timer. They'll force him to pay the 12 year old next door $25/day to come over and turn the sprinkler on and off. Then the kid will forget, the lawn will die, and we'll be back at square one with the kid suffering no repercussions.

Even if the zoning board says it's OK, he'll still need the city to do a 3 year environmental study on the effects of re-seeding his lawn. And then he'll have to deal with hippies outside his house protesting any removal of the original lawn because it has "historical significance."

I just came across a very funny but appropriate typo in a Business First waterfront article...

... Asbestos is being removed from both the Aud and Donovan buildings. The Aud asbestos removal should be completed by late September while the Donovan Building will be demolition-ready by early December.

Rosenow said he expects to award the Aud demolition contract by late August or early September and the Donovan demolition contracts by late December.

Both buildings should be demolished by early spring and ready for the Bass Pro construction within the next 12 years. :thumbsup::w00t:

"The demolition of the Aud is particularly complex," Rosenow said. "There's very limited room of staging the cranes."

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories...26/daily21.html

• 3 weeks later...

Buffalo News covering the story

Many people who visited Buffalo for the first time were treated to seeing "floatables" in the newly opened Erie Canal Harbor.

After spending $53 million dollars ,one would think this "problem" would have been dealt with before opening the exhibit/destination.

The same old crap.

Buffalo News covering the story

Many people who visited Buffalo for the first time were treated to seeing "floatables" in the newly opened Erie Canal Harbor.

After spending $53 million dollars ,one would think this "problem" would have been dealt with before opening the exhibit/destination.

The same old crap.

No problem. Bass Pro can hold fishing derby's to see who can land the largest catch of 'smelt,' which are common in the North American Great Lakes...

:D

I shouldnt be surprised that a knumbskull like yourself cannot differentiate between me trashing the city for its poor lack of planning and development, and me trashing the inhabitants (which i havent done). Compared to the majority fo the country, Buffalo is an economic dump. Notice: this is me trashing the city, while not trashing the people who live thereIf you've got a job there, great! 90% of my family has decent paying jobs in Buffalo. I like the area and love going back to visit a few times per year, and i love going back to bills games. However, there is nothing back in Buffalo that would ever bring me back to live there permanently. There simply isnt. Its not the people, its not the area, its the lack of jobs. Until Buffalo finds a way to rebuild the city and give people from other parts of the country a reason to move to buffalo, it isnt going to all of a sudden grow and prosper because someone builds 100 condos.

Now get back on the drive-thru window. The line is getting fairly long.

This is a big reason why change never comes to WNY. People can't take directed criticism without making it personal. The city, county, and state are wasting tons of tax dollars on waste, graft, patronage, and duplication of services, but don't say anything bad about my home town! Too many people benefit from the broken system and too many other people don't care enough to fix it.

PTR

Other governments at work

Don't get me wrong, this is NOT an example of efficiency in governmenmt. However, it IS an example of how things can actually get accomplished by government despite daunting obstacles if they are committed to making them happen. This dredging thing has been a debate forever and New Jersey contingent of the Delaware River Port Authority has been a huuuuuuge PIA. PA kept plugging away and found a way to do an end around to avoid DRPA and still get the job done. Anybody expect Hillary or Chuck Schumer to get involved in the Peace Bridge imbroligo? Arlen Specter did that for Philly. Anybody expect the governor to go to bat for Buffalo in a very active way in order to get some long needed projects completed? Gov. Rendell did that for Philly too.

Did it take way too long? Yes

Will it be too expensive? Yes

Will it benefit the regions economy? Yes

Did it get done? Yes

Apply this to the Peace Bridge. The debate has gone on even longer for that project. Any likelihood that a deal will be in place any time soon>?

Other governments at work

Don't get me wrong, this is NOT an example of efficiency in governmenmt. However, it IS an example of how things can actually get accomplished by government despite daunting obstacles if they are committed to making them happen. This dredging thing has been a debate forever and New Jersey contingent of the Delaware River Port Authority has been a huuuuuuge PIA. PA kept plugging away and found a way to do an end around to avoid DRPA and still get the job done. Anybody expect Hillary or Chuck Schumer to get involved in the Peace Bridge imbroligo? Arlen Specter did that for Philly. Anybody expect the governor to go to bat for Buffalo in a very active way in order to get some long needed projects completed? Gov. Rendell did that for Philly too.

Did it take way too long? Yes

Will it be too expensive? Yes

Will it benefit the regions economy? Yes

Did it get done? Yes

Apply this to the Peace Bridge. The debate has gone on even longer for that project. Any likelihood that a deal will be in place any time soon>?

In Buffalo, that type of project would never take place. Even if things got hammered and approved like they did in philly, there'd be some nutjobs in buffalo shutting down the project, because the depth of the river has "historical significance" and we wouldnt want to ruin that 5 feet of river bottom.