Can Hardy be the Man?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those numbers would be extraordinary for a rookie. I'd be happy with over 500 yards and 5 or 6 touchdowns BUT also Evans numbers getting significantly better in the process. In fact Evans' production must be the best yardstick to judge his play as a rookie.

those numbers would be extraordinary for a rookie. I'd be happy with over 500 yards and 5 or 6 touchdowns BUT also Evans numbers getting significantly better in the process. In fact Evans' production must be the best yardstick to judge his play as a rookie.

I think we need 2 extraordinary WR's to be a big success. I want to see us being a real threat come play-off time!! Evans better step it up too!

What do you consider productive for our rookie WR? I am looking for 800+ Yards, 50+ receptions and 5+ TDs to feel like we have a player that can actually help us win. He has the tools, we'll see if he can produce in the NFL soon.

All I expect is him to be a complementary WR to Evans for 2-3 years. After that, if he reaches his potential, Evans may be the one complimenting him. All depends on how the QB develops, if we keep Evans and Lynch, and if the line and defense continue to improve.

What do you consider productive for our rookie WR? I am looking for 800+ Yards, 50+ receptions and 5+ TDs to feel like we have a player that can actually help us win. He has the tools, we'll see if he can produce in the NFL soon.

I don't expect him to rack up 800 yards, but I think we can expect 5 touchdowns, and hope for more like 8 or 9. I think 40 receptions is a more reasonable expectation. I also want him to become a target in the middle, and make a lot of first downs. In order for all these expectations to be met though, you have to assume that our offense will be twice as good, which I think could happen only if our run blocking improves so we have more long drives.

Like I've said, and will continue to say until even after the season is over... Hardy was brought in here for touchdowns. I don't care how many receptions or yards he has, I'm looking at touchdowns and I would expect at least 5-6. If he can give us that and build on it next year, that is a good start with a rookie year. Any type of reception or yardage total just just gravy in my book.

What will be most interesting to see with Hardy is whether he is able to utilize his height and jump-ball ability from the beginning or not... It was an advantage in college, but the NFL is a different animal... If he can utilize his size early, he may be more successful than many rookie WRs....

My only paranoia with Hardy is that with such a large, lanky frame, the knees could be a target... Lets hope he gets even more muscle packed on those limbs.... and quickly!

Solid.

I'm expecting Evans to put up 1000+ and Parrish to finally be able to open things up.

I'd be happy if Hardy had 5 or 6 TD's with hopefully a dominant red zone presence.

Like I've said, and will continue to say until even after the season is over... Hardy was brought in here for touchdowns. I don't care how many receptions or yards he has, I'm looking at touchdowns and I would expect at least 5-6. If he can give us that and build on it next year, that is a good start with a rookie year. Any type of reception or yardage total just just gravy in my book.

I was just going to post essentially the same thing. Hardy can have 50 yards receiving at the end of the year for all I care, if included in that total are eight 5-yd TD catches.

my only expectations for him this year (his rookie year) will be to provide a big enough threat/distraction to stop Evans from getting double teamed and open up the field for everyone else. id like him to have about 6 TDs, but im not looking for huge yardage/reception numbers.

if he can just draw some coverage to him and open the offense up for Evans and Lynch and Parrish, then I'm happy with his rookie performance.

just because he doesnt put up huge yardage wont mean he had an unsuccessful year as long as the entire offense improves.

my only expectations for him this year (his rookie year) will be to provide a big enough threat/distraction to stop Evans from getting double teamed and open up the field for everyone else. id like him to have about 6 TDs, but im not looking for huge yardage/reception numbers.

if he can just draw some coverage to him and open the offense up for Evans and Lynch and Parrish, then I'm happy with his rookie performance.

just because he doesnt put up huge yardage wont mean he had an unsuccessful year as long as the entire offense improves.

What he said. We/he must put an end to '8 in the box' vs. the run.

Look, we have'nt had 2 good WR's since the days of Moulds and Price! And that was only 1 or 2 good years. We need this guy to make big plays down field, underneath, and on third down! Trent should be more confident to try going deep more often this season. More importantly D.J. should be wiling to take more shots now that Edwards is in his second year. He will help keep defenses honest somewhat, However I can see this guy in one-on-one coverage alot due to the fact other teams will be keying on Lee. If he can produce Yardage and TD's it would mean a more explosive Bills offense. This guy could be a difference maker or another BUST! I hope he's the differnce maker and we get our offense scoring 24-27 points per game!

I don't think Hardy's stats will have very much indication of whether he is effective or not. If Evans can get off some double teams and produce down the field, if Parrish can start to do some of the stuff that the Patsies* use Wes Welker for, if Josh Reed can take advantage of having to beat the other team's #3 or #4 CB instead of its #2, and if teams can't load up 9 in the box on their own five yard line because they need to keep a safety back to protect against the easy lob, then Hardy will be immediately invaluable without catching more than a pass or two a game.

I don't think Hardy's stats will have very much indication of whether he is effective or not. If Evans can get off some double teams and produce down the field, if Parrish can start to do some of the stuff that the Patsies* use Wes Welker for, if Josh Reed can take advantage of having to beat the other team's #3 or #4 CB instead of its #2, and if teams can't load up 9 in the box on their own five yard line because they need to keep a safety back to protect against the easy lob, then Hardy will be immediately invaluable without catching more than a pass or two a game.

Good post. I agree. I don't expect any rookie WR to come in with stats a blazin', but if he can contribute to the overall improvement of the offense (by taking pressure off others, for example), then he will have had a successful rookie campaign, imo

Parrish is a play maker but give me a break with Reed. How many more opportunities does he need to prove he is mediocre. If Hardy can't beat him out, he would be a waste of a pick! We need starters and impact players in the second round. In our 3 wide set I hope its Hardy in and Reed on the pine.