Another reason to hate Batimore

I live between DC and Baltimore. I can tell you that the city is a dump. There is a small section on the water that attracts tourists...has some bars etc.. Other than that it may be the scariest damn place I've been to. The area near M&T Bank stadium looks like a place their star LB would be an accomplice to murder. When HBO does a tv serious depicting how dangerous and murder filled your city is, I wouldn't bash another city.

I live between DC and Baltimore. I can tell you that the city is a dump. There is a small section on the water that attracts tourists...has some bars etc.. Other than that it may be the scariest damn place I've been to. The area near M&T Bank stadium looks like a place their star LB would be an accomplice to murder. When HBO does a tv serious depicting how dangerous and murder filled your city is, I wouldn't bash another city.

No one is bashing Buffalo in that article. :P

Hey, if nothing else, at least it brings up our side to these other media outlets. I think that the general concensus is that Buffalo fans have been through some crap in the past, but we don't deserve this. At least that's what I gather in Philly when people ask me about it. I doubt that many news outlets will take the side of money over Bills fans, sans all the jokes about OJ and Jim Kelly.

I live in Baltimore city, and there are plenty of areas that are fine places to live. The bad areas are no worse than similar areas in DC, Buffalo, Rochester, or any number of large American cities.

Yea that article was useless. I'm constantly amazed by the lack of quality and relevancy of many paid writers, in sports, news, and entertainment. This guy doesn't get the stark economic reality the Bills are in. Buffalo has lost population and jobs at a rate far exceeding national averages. I don't like the idea of the Bills playing games in Toronto, but it's a small, small price to pay in what will be an ongoing effort to help ensure that there is an NFL team in Buffalo.

The article is actually defending us as fans of Buffalo towards the ownership.

But it's a swing and a miss. There's no information in it. It's a useless article. The guy doesn't get it.

Don't care about the article, but there isn't a city I hate more then Baltimore. Added yet another reason this weekend with a cancelled flight and 8 hours in the airport. Bad things only happen to me when I'm in that city.

I guess I should clarify. The article just seemed ill conceived because it was printed in a Baltimore newspaper and its sole purpose was to discuss how the Bills feel. Plus, I felt the need to hate on the city where Willis lives

Damn if that guy does not deserve a serious punch to the ass neck, I don't know who does.

1- What is wrong with the name Cornelius?

2- I have seen a lot worse than the hair of Jimbo.

Can't comment on the Ralph; haven't been there since '96.....screw this windbag :thumbsup:

Hey I was born and raised in the B-Lo and have now lived in Baltimore for the past two years teaching in a city high school. I am currently getting ready to move because this place isnt safe for robocop to walk the streets by himself. Plus I have never in my life found a larger group of bandwagon fans in my life. I guess that comes from not having a team for such a long period of time. Everyone around here including writers before the draft said that the drat would be a bust if they did not get Matt Ryan but now they write about how Flacco is going to be the next Jonny U. Plus they love to argue that the U does not pump out moron thugs (since they have so many on the roster) and that Willis is an intelligent family man!

In conclusion please dont give a flying blank about anything a Baltimoron sportswriter says (regardless of the intention) cause they are all bandwagon grade A idiots.

Don't care about the article, but there isn't a city I hate more then Baltimore. Added yet another reason this weekend with a cancelled flight and 8 hours in the airport. Bad things only happen to me when I'm in that city.

Edgar Allan Poe killed himself there. The city just reeks of death and despair.

:thumbsup:

Hey I was born and raised in the B-Lo and have now lived in Baltimore for the past two years teaching in a city high school. I am currently getting ready to move because this place isnt safe for robocop to walk the streets by himself. Plus I have never in my life found a larger group of bandwagon fans in my life. I guess that comes from not having a team for such a long period of time. Everyone around here including writers before the draft said that the drat would be a bust if they did not get Matt Ryan but now they write about how Flacco is going to be the next Jonny U. Plus they love to argue that the U does not pump out moron thugs (since they have so many on the roster) and that Willis is an intelligent family man!

In conclusion please dont give a flying blank about anything a Baltimoron sportswriter says (regardless of the intention) cause they are all bandwagon grade A idiots.

Whereabouts in the city do you live? I have a bunch of friends that teach in the city. I definitely have a lot of respect for the work that you guys do in a very tough environment. :thumbsup:

I too live in Balti-less, in the Canton area, and work in East Baltimore. I have to agree with the above poster - this place is a very dangerous dump. Some of these areas make the fruit belt look like Disney. Just 2 more years....

I live in Baltimore city, and there are plenty of areas that are fine places to live. The bad areas are no worse than similar areas in DC, Buffalo, Rochester, or any number of large American cities.

Gotta disagree with ya on this one. Been a Baltimore City police officer for 23 years after growing up in the Town(Tonawanda). No worse place to visit or raise a family then right here. Annually one of the top 3 most deadly cities in the country. Not to mention the home of Ray Lewis & Willis. How much worse could it get?

Gotta disagree with ya on this one. Been a Baltimore City police officer for 23 years after growing up in the Town(Tonawanda). No worse place to visit or raise a family then right here. Annually one of the top 3 most deadly cities in the country. Not to mention the home of Ray Lewis & Willis. How much worse could it get?

I see that you moonlight for the Baltimore Chamber of Commerce as well. :-)

Although I have to agree. In other cities you seem to be better able to avoid the problems. For example, I've never had any issues in DC, NY, Philly, LA, and I worked in Camden (another super violent place per capita) for 4 years. No problems at all. I've been to the Inner Harbor twice as an adult and my car was broken into both times by crack heads looking for loose change and small items they can sell. Needless to say I'm not terribly enthused to return.

I suspect that many of those who contend that the bad areas of Baltimore are just like other cities have never been to the bad parts to compare. There are bad parts of NY and then there are BAD parts of NY. Buffalo really doesn't have any BAD parts and if it does they are small by comparison. This doesn't mean I want to hang around on East Delavan and Fillmore at night but I'll go there in the daytime. Baltimore has places I won't go in the daytime, ever. That's what seems to distinguish it from other mid sized cities. It has those uber-nasty neighborhoods of the NYs and LAs but is much smaller in size and population so the effect is greatly magnified. The gang issues in Baltimore seem to be more serious than other cities right now. I'm not sure if NY (or DC)gangs are moving in and they are fighting with locals over corners or whatever but I know that's happening in NJ and causing some problems.

I'm not the po po though so i can only go by what I hear.

Is Baltimore really such a bad place?

Nah. Lived here (in the city) 7 years, never been a victim of any crime. Not saying it's perfect, but it has a lot going for it. Actual tourism in the Inner Harbor, a growing finance industry, and of course biotech and healthcare with Hopkins. Plus young professionals actually live in the city (as dangerous as some people say it is), while for some reason, that just doesn't happen in Buffalo or Rochester. Add to that the affordability of housing compared to nearby DC, Philly, and NYC, and I'd say it's a pretty decent place to live. Would I want to raise kids here? No, but I wouldn't want to raise them in inner city Philadelphia or Buffalo either. I'd move to the burbs, which are some of the wealthiest (and priciest) in the country.

All that said, I liked Buffalo (and Rochester) a lot too. I just don't see how anyone from Western New York can really trash any other place in the country. There's good and bad everywhere.

Was that you I aw as I was driving home from Elkton MD yesterday and near Baltimore I saw a car with a Buffalo Bills helmet attached to the trailor hitch... ??

Last time I drove through Baltimore was 10 years ago or more.. I missed a turn on the 95 and ended up in a not so nice area at 2AM. But as with any city you can go 3 blocks and find a nice residential area or you have to fo a few miles out and find a nice residential area like Chevy Chase and Glen Burnie...

Was that you I aw as I was driving home from Elkton MD yesterday and near Baltimore I saw a car with a Buffalo Bills helmet attached to the trailor hitch... ??

Last time I drove through Baltimore was 10 years ago or more.. I missed a turn on the 95 and ended up in a not so nice area at 2AM. But as with any city you can go 3 blocks and find a nice residential area.

"Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get back on the express way?"

I only moved here in the first place because I came out of Niagara University and couldnt find a teaching job in WNY. Also my wife got into a grad school in Baltimore. My advice to anyone even thinking about visiting is to stay in the tourist spots like the harbor. Those areas are pretty nice (but overpriced) But other than that I wouldnt feel safe anywhere inside the beltway. Baltimore County does have a little apeal though, the Towson area isnt as bad. But to try and bring this back to the original posting... the writer in Baltimore should stick to trying to gain awarness for the problems in his own city before he decides to take the liberty to talk about another one.

I only moved here in the first place because I came out of Niagara University and couldnt find a teaching job in WNY. Also my wife got into a grad school in Baltimore. My advice to anyone even thinking about visiting is to stay in the tourist spots like the harbor. Those areas are pretty nice (but overpriced) But other than that I wouldnt feel safe anywhere inside the beltway. Baltimore County does have a little apeal though, the Towson area isnt as bad. But to try and bring this back to the original posting... the writer in Baltimore should stick to trying to gain awarness for the problems in his own city before he decides to take the liberty to talk about another one.

Seriously? If you really live here, you should check out the following neighborhoods, all of which are inside the city limits:

-Mount Washington

-Loyola College/College of Notre Dame area

-Cross Keys

-Roland Park

-Guilford

-Homewood area (around the Hopkins undergrad campus)

-Charles Village

-Hampden

-Federal Hill

-Fell's Point

-Canton

Towson isn't in Baltimore city, and if you don't feel safe there, then you probably shouldn't ever leave your house.

You do bring up a good point about how there are actual jobs in Baltimore, which is nice.