I Am So Sick of...

I can't stand this OL depth conversation. What is the deal with you people?

I would write much, much more but I am drunk, and don't want to do it and I know you'll all do it yourselves -- so proceed. I think BillinNYC is wrong. Period. Him and the rest of the old guard seem outdated -- for the most part. So attack I want it.

I would write much, much more but I am drunk, and don't want to do it and I know you'll all do it yourselves -- so proceed. I think BillinNYC is wrong. Period. Him and the rest of the old guard seem outdated -- for the most part. So attack I want it.

It's a school night. Monday hangovers are lousy.

I would hope you'd write much much more. You didn't write anything of any value!

Every year the OLine is determined to be horrible, even tho the stats haven't backed it up in a few years now...

IMHO, our line is ABOVE AVERAGE heading towards VERY GOOD(once they get more consistent in their run blocking). Their pass protection is very good, run blocking is blah...

While I think they have improved I think we also need to keep in mind that the passing game was very very short with Edwards last year.

In order to hit intermediate and long routes the OL is going to going to have to hold their blocks longer......simple as that. And we are going to have to see what that will mean in sack totals.

Every year the OLine is determined to be horrible, even tho the stats haven't backed it up in a few years now...

IMHO, our line is ABOVE AVERAGE heading towards VERY GOOD(once they get more consistent in their run blocking). Their pass protection is very good, run blocking is blah...

Last year we had the worst offense in the history of the franchise. That number gives me some concern about the offense, including the line. The jury is still out on this line.

There was ONE and ONE reason ONLY that our OLine didn't have run blocking success last year: 8 & 9 man fronts. I've exlained why on numerous occassions not that anyone around here needs an explanation. We all know enough about the game to state the obvious.

But here's something else that was obvious last season: when the Bills spread their offense and forced defenses to adapt, they were VERY GOOD running the football. And, they were EVEN BETTER running to the RIGHT side (no surprise there).

What does that say about our OLine personnel? It says they can all move and dominate in space, WHEN THE SPACE IS THERE.

Why didn't they just run more spread offense, you ask? I've discussed that often in the past as well around here and I'm too lazy to do it again. Suffice it to say it's a question of putting too much pressure on key positions too frequently. Chiefly QB. Last year JP nor Trent could run that offense with regularity because it is VERY vulnerable at the edges, especially against good defensive personnel, and requires better pre-snap and post-snap reads than EITHER QB was capable of or allowed to capitalize on. It also puts more pressure on your receivers, especially slot and TE and it would be an understatement to suggest we were lacking in personnel that had a solid grasp on their pre/post snap reads as well. Not to mention the need for an RB who is SOLID in pass blocking to help mitigate the vulnerability at the edges.

If Jauron, Schonert, and co. have faith that Edwards can do the job and that his receivers have a better grasp of their hot read responsibilities and that Lynch can handle the blocking responsibilities, I would look for them to run more spread formations and try to create the matchup problems we can present for defenses.

GO BILLS!!!

There was ONE and ONE reason ONLY that our OLine didn't have run blocking success last year: 8 & 9 man fronts. I've exlained why on numerous occassions not that anyone around here needs an explanation. We all know enough about the game to state the obvious.

But here's something else that was obvious last season: when the Bills spread their offense and forced defenses to adapt, they were VERY GOOD running the football. And, they were EVEN BETTER running to the RIGHT side (no surprise there).

What does that say about our OLine personnel? It says they can all move and dominate in space, WHEN THE SPACE IS THERE.

Why didn't they just run more spread offense, you ask? I've discussed that often in the past as well around here and I'm too lazy to do it again. Suffice it to say it's a question of putting too much pressure on key positions too frequently. Chiefly QB. Last year JP nor Trent could run that offense with regularity because it is VERY vulnerable at the edges, especially against good defensive personnel, and requires better pre-snap and post-snap reads than EITHER QB was capable of or allowed to capitalize on. It also puts more pressure on your receivers, especially slot and TE and it would be an understatement to suggest we were lacking in personnel that had a solid grasp on their pre/post snap reads as well. Not to mention the need for an RB who is SOLID in pass blocking to help mitigate the vulnerability at the edges.

If Jauron, Schonert, and co. have faith that Edwards can do the job and that his receivers have a better grasp of their hot read responsibilities and that Lynch can handle the blocking responsibilities, I would look for them to run more spread formations and try to create the matchup problems we can present for defenses.

GO BILLS!!!

obviously you are wrong. don't you read the board?

all that matters is having big fat linemen. you can put steven hawkings at qb and gore vidal at running back and convert 3rd and 4 with up the gut runs if you have a good line --- and anything else is garbage.

of the playoff teams 100% spent every single pick on a lineman, and they carry at least 15 of them into the season, and no corners. also the back up LT is more important the who ever is covering randy moss.

obviously you are wrong. don't you read the board?

all that matters is having big fat linemen. you can put steven hawkings at qb and gore vidal at running back and convert 3rd and 4 with up the gut runs if you have a good line --- and anything else is garbage.

of the playoff teams 100% spent every single pick on a lineman, and they carry at least 15 of them into the season, and no corners. also the back up LT is more important the who ever is covering randy moss.

You like losing, don't you?

You like losing, don't you?

like the giants? they don't draft any high o linemen and spent some big picks on corners last year.

YOU NEED 12 STEPS BILL!!!!!111 i'll sponser you!

GO BILLS!!!

K-9, nice post and I agree with it. However, we don't have enough depth along the OL. A bit much on the d side and not much on the OL.

They are solid in pass protection, but the RB's really need to get better in picking up the blitz. As far as run blocking, I am sick and tired of seeing our RB's have to break tackles or avoid defenders before crossing the line of scrimmage. That just can't be allowed to happen.

Fowler will never be a very good player, which is why he has bounced around the league. Walker is just average

Perhaps thy swagger is a stagger!

I am impressed with the front office's progress with a Free Agent Tight End who'll go to the Pro Bowl this year, and what they've gotten out of Butler thus far. I'm even impressed with Langston Walker. I like what I've heard about Murphy, Bell, and Felton. Dockery's all right. There are some YouTube highlights of last year that show how good they were at pass blocking, and adding receivers will help the Bills keep the Defense at bay. So will fewer injuries and a more experienced Trent Edwards/Marshawn Lynch. I suspect a FB will also serve as an additional blocker, so we're all right.