Tomorrow is the 1st Saturday in May...DERBY DAY!

Seems like more of a crapshoot this year than most. I'm watching the coverage from ESPN right now and boy is it sloppy out there.

Who does everybody like tomorrow?

My tri box is Denis of Cork, Colonel John and Visionaire, but I know nothing...

Just placed three separate bets to win. I know, I know, I'm automatically giving away 2 bets, but I really don't play that way.

$10 to win $250 Visionaire

$10 to win $150 Court Vision

$10 to win $250 Denis of Cork

Just placed three separate bets to win. I know, I know, I'm automatically giving away 2 bets, but I really don't play that way.

$10 to win $250 Visionaire

$10 to win $150 Court Vision

$10 to win $250 Denis of Cork

When do you buy your website?

I like #9 Pyro also :)

Why is there a horse named Pyro? Is the owner a pyromaniac?

BTW, is there anything hyped as much for an event that takes about two minutes total? They have about 4 hours of coverage for a two minute race. :blink:

Shame to hear about Eight Bells. I saw the video and I still dont see the injury. maybe it happened during the race and she just broke down on the runout?

Big Brown looks like the real deal. i hope he goes all the way.....

Why is there a horse named Pyro? Is the owner a pyromaniac?

Saw this in the paper today, explains where they all got their names from ....

What's in a name? Lots for the 20 horses in Saturday's Kentucky Derby

9. Pyro. The only true wild-card name on the track. It has no connection to his sire or dam or anything else. His team just liked the way it sounded.

Shame to hear about Eight Bells. I saw the video and I still dont see the injury. maybe it happened during the race and she just broke down on the runout?

How come dogs and cats are "put to sleep," yet horses are "destroyed?" Always sounded a little extreme to me.

How come dogs and cats are "put to sleep," yet horses are "destroyed?" Always sounded a little extreme to me.

And more importantly, why are people so opposed to doing that to deserving humans?

Nice run by Big Brown. Looks like the Pyro bangwagon emptied out quick. Shame about the filly.

Horse people say "euthanized" now.

Euthanasia-1606, from Gk. euthanasia "an easy or happy death," from eu- "good" + thanatos "death." Sense of "legally sanctioned mercy killing" is first recorded in Eng. 1869

Somehow it doesn't seem all that easy or happy. Doesn't matter what you call it, but it was a necessary act.

This morning they were saying that both ankles were compound fractures (bones sticking through the skin).

And PETA wants the jockey suspended, because "obviously" the horse was injured before the race was finished.

Boy am I glad I re-interpreted the output from the Googlebot.

When it originally said 20-.5 I took that to mean 19.5 which rounds to 19 therefore Gayego. Then I realized that the . on the Googlebot printer has been weird lately and so it was really supposed to say 20-5. This didn't make any sense. Why wouldn't it just say 15? Then I figured out he was predicting the exacta and I was golden. $141 on a $2 bet, and I bet A LOT more than $2. I did bet a $10 Superfecta of 20-5-all-all which paid $290k for under a $2k bet. Nice.

I was sorry to see what happened to the poor girl. She ran a great race.