Kiper gave Bills a C+

eball

how can you seriously grade a draft before any one really plays?

Simple...guys like Kiper & Mayock rank all the players before the draft and then hand out post-draft grades based on how teams drafted versus where they had them in their rankings. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not sure why guys like Kiper and Mayock get ripped so much. The other talking heads that participate in the draft coverage who should be shown the door are guys like Keyshawn, Mort, Jamie Dukes, etc...

Do you really believe that these folks put in the same number of hours that a Kiper or Mayock do? The draft when it was Kiper and Berman with the occasional cut to the studio or for an interview was much better than the 5 person sets that both the NFL Network and ESPN are now using. The draft shows now follow the philosophy of the pregame shows...throw 4 or 5 people on a set and have them all talk over each other and yuck it up.

Kiper is a chump.

Everytime I hear him running his yap I think about the b*tch slap Bill Polian gave him on national TV.

I think you mean Bill Tobin. That is, if you are referring to the "Who the hell is Mel Kiper" comment after the Trev Albert/Trent Dilfer debate.

Uhh huh. Here's Kiper's big board right before the 2005 draft. So he's as smart as Mike formerly from Florida and Steely Dan.

(I picked 2005 because we've seen enough of the 2005 players to see if they are quality.)

If you would have read in the same thread you got your opinion from I relented when I found out Maycock liked the draft. He's the best out there and I respect his opinion the most of any of those guys.

Kiper's Grades

He only gave one A that I saw (Chefs). Didn't trash the Bills at all, just felt the 4th round picks were "reaches" -- which cracks me up.

Bottom line -- I don't believe any of the "experts" believe the Bills did a bad job this weekend, unlike the experts in here.

This is the best news ever! I said before the draft if Kiper gave us an A we'd be screwed. A C+ means we're going to the playoffs. An F would have given us a Super Bowl.

PTR

Kiper's Grades

He only gave one A that I saw (Chefs). Didn't trash the Bills at all, just felt the 4th round picks were "reaches" -- which cracks me up.

Bottom line -- I don't believe any of the "experts" believe the Bills did a bad job this weekend, unlike the experts in here.

Remember, Kiper doesn't really factor in what types of offenses/defenses a team runs. He just evaluates players. He is no smarter than any of us, and thats by his own admission. Football and talent evaluation isn't rocket science

i heard that 90 of mayocks top 100 went in the first 100 picks.

if that's a true number he is clearly the best talking head on tv covering the draft.

I heard that on NFLN yesterday myself. In short, Mayocks the man to take to Vegas. <_<

C+ is better than F- and overall I think the Brass was happy with the draft as am I. Maybe we could have took a O-Lineman or two but in general I'm happy with what we've walked out of last weekend with.

I think you mean Bill Tobin. That is, if you are referring to the "Who the hell is Mel Kiper" comment after the Trev Albert/Trent Dilfer debate.

Exactly right...

And Mel did not get "bitched slapped" either (refering to the OP)...Tobin came across like a buffoon..And Kiper was right anyway...

All this Mel hating cracks Me up because no single individual is more responsible for the Draft being the event it is today than Kiper...Sure He's opinionated, it's His freaking Job to do EXACTY that...He's a tireless worker who is darn good at what He does...I think Kiper is great...

Just saying... <_<

I heard that on NFLN yesterday myself. In short, Mayocks the man to take to Vegas. <_<

C+ is better than F- and overall I think the Brass was happy with the draft as am I. Maybe we could have took a O-Lineman or two but in general I'm happy with what we've walked out of last weekend with.

How hard is to predict the top 100 players to be drafted.....This is a ball-wash....these guys are getting way too much credit....

He based his opinion almost entirely on his belief that we took a seventh-round TE in Round Four ... Other sources are giving them good rviews. I think MK is making too much of the Fine "reach" ... and yes, I DO agree it was a reach. But don't define our draft by that alone, Mel ...

Well, Corner who was the other 4th round pick wasn't even invited to the combine. Taking him in the fourth is a reach IMO. I trust Maycock a lot more than Kiper but I can see where he's coming from on Corner.

Uhh huh. Here's Kiper's big board right before the 2005 draft. So he's as smart as Mike formerly from Florida and Steely Dan.

(I picked 2005 because we've seen enough of the 2005 players to see if they are quality.)

Another good one was when he had Dan Footman ranked in his top 10( I think he was #8 overall). Well Footman did not go until pick 42. It was funny when they showed Mel's best available and #8 lasted until pick 42

Well, Corner who was the other 4th round pick wasn't even invited to the combine. Taking him in the fourth is a reach IMO. I trust Maycock a lot more than Kiper but I can see where he's coming from on Corner.

Mayock said we got really good value with the Corner pick FWIW

All this Mel hating cracks Me up because no single individual is more responsible for the Draft being the event it is today than Kiper...Sure He's opinionated, it's His freaking Job to do EXACTY that...He's a tireless worker who is darn good at what He does...I think Kiper is great...

:w00t:

What are you talking about? How do you not draft a corner with the name CORNER?!?