OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills have been luck so far......but we have not had one wideout taken off the board...the run will begin soon I just know it........

The way I see it, worst case scenario we could get a pretty damn good TE with our next pick. This is going to be a good first day.

Why? All the WR's are still on the board. Sure, there's going to be a run, but I don't see a reason to start losing picks for these guys now. Obviously they are not worth what everyone thinks they are.

Will they all be there by 41? That's 16 picks from now. I wouldn't count on it. Expect a run on WR's starting soon.

PTR

Makes a lot of sense after taking Chris Henry in the 2nd round last year

like ESPN, I am wondering why Early Doucet hasnt been talked about either. He seems like a young Eric Moulds clone, who I would take in a heartbeat to go w. Evans. Moulds and Price were an awesome pair.

Will they all be there by 41? That's 16 picks from now. I wouldn't count on it. Expect a run on WR's starting soon.

PTR

Hardy-Sweed-Thomas-Jackson-Doucet-Kelly-

there are 15 picks until we pick- I imagine at least one of those mentioned is available

Brandon is looking like a genius. This draft is going great for us.

why because he knew that all of the WRs are severely overrated.

Dallas has come out and said that there is not a WR in this draft that would be better than the production they got from Terry Glenn - who was injured for 95% of the year.

pretty strong stuff or smoke screen

Why? All the WR's are still on the board. Sure, there's going to be a run, but I don't see a reason to start losing picks for these guys now. Obviously they are not worth what everyone thinks they are.

It depends upon whether or not they have a specific WR in mind. If they do, it certainly may be time to start working the phones.

Unless just about everybody goes WR between now and us, we'll have a shot at one of Sweed, Hardy, Kelly, Doucet, or Thomas. And someone will probably even take DeSean Jackson in there. I say we stay put.

Though, to put this out there: what if Calais Campbell drops?

I would be ok with a WR at 11. Did you laugh when teams did not spend a third round pick on Tom Brady? And since when did you start putting so much stock into what talking heads on TV said? I think you give them way too much credit. Lets see Devin Thomas and his fellow WRs play for a couple years before proclaiming them busts

Point 1 I'm not talking about the talking heads. I'm talking about the people that actually make the picks.

Point 2 With regards to Brady in the third all I can say is I wished I had bought IBM stock in 19962. That is an incredibly specious argument because you are looking with hindsight and that is very easy to do.

Point 3 Now you are projecting to the future. If you are right you are a genius. If you are wrong you will vanish in the endless hubris that is the nature of internet posts. Either way I am not trying to fight with you. GO BILLS.

Unless just about everybody goes WR between now and us, we'll have a shot at one of Sweed, Hardy, Kelly, Doucet, or Thomas. And someone will probably even take DeSean Jackson in there. I say we stay put.

Though, to put this out there: what if Calais Campbell drops?

Then you follow suit and allow him to pass on by.