Anquan Boldin requests trade

Pete

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As am I, favorite non-Bills player in the league. Would absolutely love it.

I'm with you on that. Just watching him break 4-5 arm tackles on a single play is amazing, especially for a WR. And unlike chad/TO/Moss hasn't been a distraction on or off of the feild.

How great would draft day be if we could land Boldin?

Tremendous talent, exactaly what a #1 receiver should be. Probably would cost way too much in a trade. If it were possible without giving up a multitude of draft picks, I'd have no problem bringing in Boldin and letting evans walk, while drafting a te.

If I remember correctly that in mid-February when he first wanted a traded, I think it was reported that the Cards wanted a 1st and 2nd rounder for him. Nevertheless, they're gonna ask too much.

Wow, Anquan has a lot of fans here. I also like him, and would LOVE to have him here. I'd definitely give up our first. At #11 it's worth a lower end 1st and 2nd pick.

The Cardinals stink, year after year and yet it's clear the reason is purely $$$. The past few years, there's been what seems to be a number of contracts that get re-negotiated that in years gone by never would have been. It's getting ridiculous. Too many teams are setting bad precedents for the future. Guys are traded, contracts torn up, guy are unhappy, contracts are extended with big signing bonuses, etc. The contract he has looked pretty good to him when he signed it, didn't it?

Unless the NFL somehow can regain some sanity with regard to contracts, beginning with top 5-10 rookies, etc., they're going to

leave this fan in the dust. The money has gotten insane.

Tremendous talent, exactaly what a #1 receiver should be. Probably would cost way too much in a trade. If it were possible without giving up a multitude of draft picks, I'd have no problem bringing in Boldin and letting evans walk, while drafting a te.

I am with you, I think Boldin would be an amazing addition for the Bills offense...but you would really let Evans "walk"? What sense would that make? The Bills would be back in the position of needing a wide receiver again. Except, without Evans, they would need a speedy guy with great hands, to fill the #2 spot...I think the Bills receiving core would be in even worse shape if they let Evans go, and picked up Boldin. They need both. Not going to happen though, so I guess it is silly to speculate...

I am with you, I think Boldin would be an amazing addition for the Bills offense...but you would really let Evans "walk"? What sense would that make? The Bills would be back in the position of needing a wide receiver again. Except, without Evans, they would need a speedy guy with great hands, to fill the #2 spot...I think the Bills receiving core would be in even worse shape if they let Evans go, and picked up Boldin. They need both. Not going to happen though, so I guess it is silly to speculate...

What I meant really is. Odds are say we traded for Boldin he's gonna want a new contract. Evans is gonna want a new contract. While it would be great to have them both.You're talking about 100+ mil invested at the wr position? From a football standpoint, would that really be worth it? I don't think it would be necessary to keep Evans if you had Boldin, and say added additional pieces like a te, some low priced additional #2-3 wrs. Doesn't have to be an allstar. I think he's a guy who needs less then a Lee Evans does to be productive. I'd love to have both, but the odds are entirely too slim/coming at the expense of other high priority positions. It is rather silly speculation though. Boldin is a true 1a TO type compared to Evans Terry Glenn.

What I meant really is. Odds are say we traded for Boldin he's gonna want a new contract. Evans is gonna want a new contract. While it would be great to have them both.You're talking about 100+ mil invested at the wr position? From a football standpoint, would that really be worth it? I don't think it would be necessary to keep Evans if you had Boldin, and say added additional pieces like a te, some low priced additional #2-3 wrs. Doesn't have to be an allstar. I think he's a guy who needs less then a Lee Evans does to be productive. I'd love to have both, but the odds are entirely too slim/coming at the expense of other high priority positions. It is rather silly speculation though. Boldin is a true 1a TO type compared to Evans Terry Glenn.

I could not disagree more... Did the Colts let Wayne walk because they had Marvin? Nope... The problem with the Bills is we do not have enough playmakers....

We have gone the low priced 2nd and 3rd WR lately... I dont know about you but I really have not enjoyed watching the Bills offense the last few years....

I am not in favor of spending just to spend but going on the cheap all the time leads to no playoffs every year and very boring football.

I am surprised we have not heard any Lee Evans trade rumors if teams like Philly, Dallas, and the Redskins are making unsolicited trade offers for WR's who might want out of their current situation. Evans would be ideal for both Philly and Dallas and both teams have a lot value to trade. I'd love to keep Evans but if he isn't interested in signing a long term deal here, I'd rather get maximum value for him now.

The Cardinals stink, year after year and yet it's clear the reason is purely $$$. The past few years, there's been what seems to be a number of contracts that get re-negotiated that in years gone by never would have been. It's getting ridiculous. Too many teams are setting bad precedents for the future. Guys are traded, contracts torn up, guy are unhappy, contracts are extended with big signing bonuses, etc. The contract he has looked pretty good to him when he signed it, didn't it?

Unless the NFL somehow can regain some sanity with regard to contracts, beginning with top 5-10 rookies, etc., they're going to

leave this fan in the dust. The money has gotten insane.

Absolutely true.