The disenfranchisement of a fan.....

Call me a pessimist but its pretty easy to put the pieces together to this tragic story...

The writing is on the wall: the Bills are as good as gone folks.

Let' see:

1) Past ten years of under-achieving.

2) Bills hire a familiar face for PR reasons: Marv.

3) Marv departs 2 years later. Was it public that it was just a two year stint? (Honestly don't know.)

4) Ralph throws Buffalo under the bus two months ago in Toronto.. gives zero reassurance to Bills fans.

5) Bills front office rebuffs any talk about lease; extension and needs - per County Executive

6) Long-time Bills rival - Miami - chosen to play in Toronto - how is this not on purpose? Bills claim they had nothing to do with it.

Personally, I'd rather them just jet now for Toronto and let the pain begin.

It's a disgrace and I simply no longer have any respect for Ralph Wilson.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a pessimist but its pretty easy to put the pieces together to this tragic story...

Let' see:

3) Marv departs 2 years later. Was it public that it was just a two year stint? (Honestly don't know.)

4) Ralph throws Buffalo under the bus two months ago in Toronto.. gives zero reassurance to Bills fans.

5) Bills front office rebuffs any talk about lease; extension and needs - per County Executive

6) Long-time Bills rival - Miami - chosen to play in Toronto - how is this not on purpose? Bills claim they had nothing to do with it.

I agree with you SAD AS IT IS.

Let' see:

The NFL is just entertainment...Jeeze.... <_<

Let' see:

Way back in in the early sixties, there were reports that the Bills were as good as gone. They are still here. Nothing lasts forever. Not even us.

ignorance is bliss...

TSW official motto.

Rhetorical Question: Whatever happened to putting one's thoughts on the Miami game into an EXISTING thread (of which we have easily two dozen to choose from), rather than creating LAMP after LAMP after...

Let' see:

Big John Beck fan huh?

TSW official motto.

Rhetorical Question: Whatever happened to putting one's thoughts on the Miami game into an EXISTING thread (of which we have easily two dozen to choose from), rather than creating LAMP after LAMP after...

A change from the TE vs JP threads.

Let' see:

Here's a classic example of looking for misery. You want to justify your funk? Just make a list of egregious crimes against Bills fandom! Horror of horrors! Yet as bad as you say it's been, you are still following the team, still bitching which, lets face it, is what Bills fans do. What are we without our self-pity? It's a microcosm of Western New York.

PTR

I don't think the Bills will totally move to Toronto. I do think they will gradually shift to the Toronto market more and more and eventually play half of their "home" games there. Similar to what the Packers did years ago in Milwaukee. Only this will be permanent. No reason to be angry,it's professional football,it's all about the money. That's one reason I'm a bigger fan of college football than the NFL. Start watching your football on Saturdays,you'll be much happier.

Ah man, don't feel that way. You're looking at the glass as half-empty, it's half-full my friend.

1. Ralph will live for another 8-10 years I think, so as long as he's alive, the Bills will remain in Buffalo.

2. This "Toronto thing" is just marketing, to show that the Bills realize they have Canadian support too, not just Western New York.

3. It's also added revenue for our small market team.

4. When Ralph does die I believe Jim Kelly and his partners will step forward and buy this team, keeping it in Buffalo.

5. Western New York won't give up without a fight.

6. The Bills are getting better, and will get off the playoff schnide this year.

7. Bills fever will return to Orchard Park. Although it never left if you ask me.

8. This is part of the NFL showcasing games outside the U.S.A. Are the Giants gonna move to London because they played there? No. Are the Cards gonna move to Mexico because they played there? No.

9. The CFL, and particularily the Argos aren't gonna let the NFL hone in on their turf.

10. Don't look at the Miami in Toronto thing as the NFL making us miss our rival, look at it as giving Toronto the worst opponent possible, and saving the good teams for us at the real home.

By the way, I'm Canadian and a proud Season Ticket Holder. I'm against the Bills moving ANYWHERE. I'm mad as hell that it's the Dolphins in Toronto, should be the Niners or Seahawks. And I truly believe in my heart of hearts that the Bills will remain the BUFFALO Bills.

So in conclusion,

GO BILLS, GO BUFFALO BILLS!

Ah man, don't feel that way. You're looking at the glass as half-empty, it's half-full my friend.

1. Ralph will live for another 8-10 years I think, so as long as he's alive, the Bills will remain in Buffalo.

2. This "Toronto thing" is just marketing, to show that the Bills realize they have Canadian support too, not just Western New York.

3. It's also added revenue for our small market team.

4. When Ralph does die I believe Jim Kelly and his partners will step forward and buy this team, keeping it in Buffalo.

5. Western New York won't give up without a fight.

6. The Bills are getting better, and will get off the playoff schnide this year.

7. Bills fever will return to Orchard Park. Although it never left if you ask me.

8. This is part of the NFL showcasing games outside the U.S.A. Are the Giants gonna move to London because they played there? No. Are the Cards gonna move to Mexico because they played there? No.

9. The CFL, and particularily the Argos aren't gonna let the NFL hone in on their turf.

10. Don't look at the Miami in Toronto thing as the NFL making us miss our rival, look at it as giving Toronto the worst opponent possible, and saving the good teams for us at the real home.

By the way, I'm Canadian and a proud Season Ticket Holder. I'm against the Bills moving ANYWHERE. I'm mad as hell that it's the Dolphins in Toronto, should be the Niners or Seahawks. And I truly believe in my heart of hearts that the Bills will remain the BUFFALO Bills.

So in conclusion,

GO BILLS, GO BUFFALO BILLS!

And to add:

11) We gave Canada our least attractive game on the schedule, yet it will bring back the most in revenue. This is one of the worst teams in NFL history. We struggled to sell out Fin games the last 2 years. So now, Bills have no excuse to not sell out 7 games and look like the great football market. IMO, this is the best possible thing that could have happened.

Does this mean you will stop your upbeat posting here? Your shiny outlook will be sorely missed

ditto. Don't let the door hit you in the ass. And no hopping back on the bandwagon when we start putting it all together. No fair weather fans welcome

Let' see:

:worthy:

Have a cry about it why don't you. <_<