I'm talking glory here. Buffalo will get their Bills paid

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I share your optimism. A better OC, hopefully more offensive weapons in WR's and TE's. The def. has been beefed up, we are positioned to have a good run this year. I believe our strength of schedule is easier than last year. As long as TE progresses and doesn't have a sophmore slump from trying to hard we should be around 10 and 6.

Am I talking Super Bowl? It's possible maybe just not probable but I'm talking play-offs, deep play-offs. The biggest competition comes not only from our conference but from our division. Splitting the season with the Patriots will be huge for our playoff and division aspirations. Having some kind of homefield advantage in the play-offs would also make a difference in our post season success. The top contenders are New England, San Diego, Indiapolis, and Jacksonville. There are plenty more in the conference that could be mentioned but at this point of the off season but they would have to be considered dark horses just like us. If we are able to wrestle the division title away from the Patriots then the other three teams that I mentioned are either warm weather teams or a indoor team. Having a play-off game in Buffalo late in the year could prove to be huge, especially if it's inclement weather.

We have much of our nucleus in place for a serious run at success. There is not one area on our team that is lacking dramaticly. Each area is just one or two players from being just average to great.

QB- Edwards is going to be everything that we hope for as long as he stays healthy. He has a great release, extremely accurate and processes with what's going on the field very quickly. Having a year under his belt will only propel his results more. What is needed is an adequate back-up, whethern if it's a veteran of if Hamdan is capable of stepping up.

OL- They were really coming into their own as the season progressed. Here is where we need a player, possibly two. I would really like to see an upgrade at the C position and at least a player who could fill in for Jason Peters in the event of injury.

WR- Believe it or not we have very good receivers. Granted, we need a big possession type receiver for the #2 position. It's going to happen in the draft, first day actually.

TE- How important is the TE position? It's important but mostly for blocking. It's easy to get frustrated when you watch the likes of Gonzalez, Witten, Gates, and others but grabbing a servicable one for pass catching could and should be addressed in the mid rds (3-5). I seen a lot of effort from Royal in some of these games last year and while he may not be the answer to what we are looking for he does solidfy one of the two TE positions. Think of Denver with Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler. We need a Scheffler. I think that Jacob Tamme is that kind of TE and he can be available in the 4th of 5th rd.

RB- C'mon, do we need to go there? We are more than adequate and this is not an area of concern at this time.

DL- We have GOOD DEs. Adding a blue chip DE would most certainly make this position a force. At DT was resolved in free agency and this finally looks to be a solid position for us.

Secondary- Another position that we'll add to in the draft but it's not an eyesore. We have dealt with more than our share of injuries and at this position in particular.

LB- We have good, young starters but we can stand to fortify this position even more by the draft and/or June 1st cuts. Injuries of course changes the complexion of any of the above by I'm counting on the law of average for our success.

STs- We have one of the best in the league even with the losses we had this off season. Between RB and STs these are the two areas where we have some comfort level.

I look at our positions on our team and I'm alot more optimistic than discouraged. This was just a brief general overview but I feel that it's more accurate than not. I'm expecting big results in this year's draft and team.

We really need a veteran guy behind Edwards just in case.....but I think that TE is going to put all fears to rest this year. I am suprised at how well he played LAST year given that he was a rookie.

I really hope the team has a plan for putting some more offensive weapons on the field for Trent......if we go Harvey in the first (I would not be against that) then we need to make a move to make sure we come away with both a quality wideout AND a tight end

I also hope we have a adequate back up to Jason Peters in place.......we went straight downhill when we lost him at the end of last year

I do not expect superbowl this year but I do expect playoffs....this team needs to learn how to win first....then take the next step next year

Am I talking Super Bowl? It's possible maybe just not probable but I'm talking play-offs, deep play-offs. The biggest competition comes not only from our conference but from our division. Splitting the season with the Patriots will be huge for our playoff and division aspirations. Having some kind of homefield advantage in the play-offs would also make a difference in our post season success. The top contenders are New England, San Diego, Indiapolis, and Jacksonville. There are plenty more in the conference that could be mentioned but at this point of the off season but they would have to be considered dark horses just like us. If we are able to wrestle the division title away from the Patriots then the other three teams that I mentioned are either warm weather teams or a indoor team. Having a play-off game in Buffalo late in the year could prove to be huge, especially if it's inclement weather.

We have much of our nucleus in place for a serious run at success. There is not one area on our team that is lacking dramaticly. Each area is just one or two players from being just average to great.

QB- Edwards is going to be everything that we hope for as long as he stays healthy. He has a great release, extremely accurate and processes with what's going on the field very quickly. Having a year under his belt will only propel his results more. What is needed is an adequate back-up, whethern if it's a veteran of if Hamdan is capable of stepping up.

OL- They were really coming into their own as the season progressed. Here is where we need a player, possibly two. I would really like to see an upgrade at the C position and at least a player who could fill in for Jason Peters in the event of injury.

WR- Believe it or not we have very good receivers. Granted, we need a big possession type receiver for the #2 position. It's going to happen in the draft, first day actually.

TE- How important is the TE position? It's important but mostly for blocking. It's easy to get frustrated when you watch the likes of Gonzalez, Witten, Gates, and others but grabbing a servicable one for pass catching could and should be addressed in the mid rds (3-5). I seen a lot of effort from Royal in some of these games last year and while he may not be the answer to what we are looking for he does solidfy one of the two TE positions. Think of Denver with Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler. We need a Scheffler. I think that Jacob Tamme is that kind of TE and he can be available in the 4th of 5th rd.

RB- C'mon, do we need to go there? We are more than adequate and this is not an area of concern at this time.

DL- We have GOOD DEs. Adding a blue chip DE would most certainly make this position a force. At DT was resolved in free agency and this finally looks to be a solid position for us.

Secondary- Another position that we'll add to in the draft but it's not an eyesore. We have dealt with more than our share of injuries and at this position in particular.

LB- We have good, young starters but we can stand to fortify this position even more by the draft and/or June 1st cuts. Injuries of course changes the complexion of any of the above by I'm counting on the law of average for our success.

STs- We have one of the best in the league even with the losses we had this off season. Between RB and STs these are the two areas where we have some comfort level.

I look at our positions on our team and I'm alot more optimistic than discouraged. This was just a brief general overview but I feel that it's more accurate than not. I'm expecting big results in this year's draft and team.

Good post! I agree with your assessment. I feel the holes on this team are getting smaller. As long as we have another good draft, I definitely feel we will be a playoff team this year, and a superbowl contender within a year or two.

I do think we need a lot more in a TE than another blocker, but otherwise I hope your optimism is prophetic to the 2008 season and beyond! :w00t:
We do but it doesn't need to be a high profiled TE, just one who can adequately block and have good, reliable hands and decent speed.

Only 'partly' responsible? What was the rest? Coaching? Surrounding talent? Edward's ability? And just so I understand part of your position, are you saying the Bills coaches 'scaled back' the offense to accommodate Edwards? If so, and you now think Edwards will so greatly improve in one off season that he will lead the Bills to the playoffs. Edwards should improve, no doubt, but I just do not see it to the extent you see it.

Edwards' learning curve, more offensive weapons (#2 WR and a compliment TE) and the team staying relatively healthy. I do believe that overloading a rookie QB would have been detrimental to his developement. Having a year under his belt and getting accustomed to the game speed should have a profound effect in his results in year two.

I see that there's no mention of head coach Dick Jauron in your overview. Unless this guy has a major change of attitude in offensive philosophy, there's still much to be discouraged about if you're a Bills fan. Jauron is a career loser as a head coach and last season he received many "gimmie" type games against the NFL most putrid teams. I see Jauron as a guy who coaches like he's just happy to be sitting on the merrygoround, not someone who's going to risk falling off by trying to grab the brass ring. He refuses to attack teams or even at the very least be an unpredictable team. This is Dick Jauron. He's a guy that is averse to risk in any form or fashion. That will get you between a 7-9 and 9-7 record every year in the NFL, but what it won't get you is being a contender for the NFL championship. I hope this guy sees the light because I don't want to go through anymore changes. This guy WILL be gone if he pulls out the play-not-to-lose method and we're 7-9 again. Not a big fan of Jauron and hope this losing leopard can change his spots and grow a pair. The JP Losman excuse is gone, the Steve Fairchild excuse is gone. Thankfully, it will finally be his dumb play-it-safe ass on the hot seat (as it should be) in 2008.

I didn't mention the coaching because I believe that it's the players who win the games. The coach has to implement solid fundamentals and schemes but the execution comes down to the players. A coach is just a manager during gametime and while I'm not a big believer at this time in jauron i just think that we have a great foundation and we are just lacking only a few playmakers and I'm counting on our FO to supply this in the draft and June 1st cuts.

At the risk of getting flamed I was never of the thought that Marv was a great coach but more of someone who benefitted from having a great roster of players that Polian provided. He was a solid football guy who I believe his greatest strength was that he knew how to manage his players. He let them play and kept them on an even keel and I'm expecting Jauron to bring the same kind of coaching with him this year.

Jason Garrett was never an OC before last year. In fact the year before, he was the QBs coach for the Fins and worked "miracles with Culpepper and Harrington.

Prior to the Cowboys job, Garrett was considered a coach on the way up, with a good head on his shoulders. Funny, I never heard that about The Turk.

And quick, tell me the last time the Bills hired a coach who was Coach of the year and a runner up in another year? Because that's on Jauron's resume.

Oh, you got me there [/sarcasm].

You keep waving around Jauron's COTY award like it actually means something. Other posters besides myself have posted past COTY winners, some of dubious distinction.

If you had bothered to actually look at Jauron's 2001 year (and I know you haven't), you probably will not like what you see.

Teflon Dick went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams Dick faced that ended up > .500? 6

the numbers of teams Dick faced that ended up <= .500? 10

Dicks W/L against the 6 better than .500 teams: 3-3

Dicks W/L against the 10 .500 or less teams: 10-0

I could go on, but I would be wasting bandwidth as you seem to be blind to actual facts regarding Teflon Dick.

And do tell what year was Jauron a 'runner up' for COTY?

Or Edwards played in 2 of the worst weather games in Bills' history? Without context, it looks like Edwards was terrible. However when you look at the big picture, he outperformed the Super Bowl MVP (Manning) and was basically even with a Pro Bowl QB (Anderson). All this with the worst #2 receiver in football (Reed is a solid 3 but a horrible #2).

So I take it you think Edwards looked 'brilliant' when he was telegraphing the plays to the defense? Or, is that not his fault?

As for your silly King comparison, it's all in how you look at things. But for your effort to diss Edwards by comparing him to King, King did help take Tampa to the NFC title game. Personally, I'd take that.

No more silly than others in here stating how 'unprecedented' Edwards rookie performance was. The reality, it wasn't.

You are right. King did lead Tampa Bay to the NFC title game, in the 1999 season. In the 2000 season, King was the full time starter. By the start of the 2001 season, King was riding the bench, after reality kicked in, and it became obvious he did not have the tools to be a full time starter.

I am glad to hear you would 'personally take that'. Nothing like settling for 'second' or 'third' best.

But then again, you think Jauron is a "great" head coach, so I am not surprised.

I didn't mention the coaching because I believe that it's the players who win the games. The coach has to implement solid fundamentals and schemes but the execution comes down to the players. A coach is just a manager during gametime and while I'm not a big believer at this time in jauron i just think that we have a great foundation and we are just lacking only a few playmakers and I'm counting on our FO to supply this in the draft and June 1st cuts.

At the risk of getting flamed I was never of the thought that Marv was a great coach but more of someone who benefitted from having a great roster of players that Polian provided. He was a solid football guy who I believe his greatest strength was that he knew how to manage his players. He let them play and kept them on an even keel and I'm expecting Jauron to bring the same kind of coaching with him this year.

Your key quote when referring to Marv as a head coach was that "HE LET THEM PLAY". If Dick Jauron was the head coach in the late-eighties early-nineties Bills era, they would have NEVER reached the Superbowl and probably would have missed out on the playoffs more than a few times.

Jauron may keep his players on an even keel, but he certainly does NOT let them play. Never has in his seven year and counting as a loser, play-it-safe head coach. Of course I hope he changes, but don't say I didn't warn you.

I have been expecting an offense this year that is still ball control and somewhat boring. Having an adequate #2 WR and adding a little pop by going long to Evans every once in awhile is probably what we can expect. Based on bracing myself for this type of offense is why I'm really wanting us to fortify our trenches on both sides of the ball. Here's a link that supports my suspicions.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=396889

I have been expecting an offense this year that is still ball control and somewhat boring. Having an adequate #2 WR and adding a little pop by going long to Evans every once in awhile is probably what we can expect. Based on bracing myself for this type of offense is why I'm really wanting us to fortify our trenches on both sides of the ball. Here's a link that supports my suspicions.

Just because that's what you and this beat reporter are expecting doesn't mean that's what's best for this team moving forward. NFL defenses showed that they pretty much have a GREAT handle on the Bills offense. If the Bills do not drastically change their approach then they will once again have a pathetic offense, because NFL teams (even the bad ones) will shut you down when they know what play is coming next and there's a very minimal risk of the long ball beating them. I can't believe that you're basically fine with v2 of the 2007 offense which is basically what you and that reporter are suggesting. I'm not at all on board with this plan and there's no doubt I'll be here either voicing my extreme displeasure or detraction regarding this matter.

Just because that's what you and this beat reporter are expecting doesn't mean that's what's best for this team moving forward. NFL defenses showed that they pretty much have a GREAT handle on the Bills offense. If the Bills do not drastically change their approach then they will once again have a pathetic offense, because NFL teams (even the bad ones) will shut you down when they know what play is coming next and there's a very minimal risk of the long ball beating them. I can't believe that you're basically fine with v2 of the 2007 offense which is basically what you and that reporter are suggesting. I'm not at all on board with this plan and there's no doubt I'll be here either voicing my extreme displeasure or detraction regarding this matter.

Ok, ok, it's only opinions. I just don't expect Jauron doing a 180, that's all. This administration has been building a more conservative offense than some of us would like in the last few years and expectations shouldn't be too high that we are all of a sudden going to deviate from that because we lost our OC and promoted from within.

Very well put.

Since your assessment of the players was well done, would it be possible, if you have time, to add your assessment of the Bills coaching staff for each position, thanks.

QB- Edwards is going to be everything that we hope for as long as he stays healthy. He has a great release, extremely accurate and processes with what's going on the field very quickly. Having a year under his belt will only propel his results more. ( :w00t: Agreed.) What is needed is an adequate back-up, whethern if it's a veteran of if Hamdan is capable of stepping up.

OL- They were really coming into their own as the season progressed. Here is where we need a player, possibly two. I would really like to see an upgrade at the C position and at least a player who could fill in for Jason Peters in the event of injury. ( :cry: Agreed)

WR- Believe it or not we have very good receivers. Granted, we need a big possession type receiver for the #2 position. It's going to happen in the draft, first day actually. (Yeppers)

TE- How important is the TE position? It's important but mostly for blocking. It's easy to get frustrated when you watch the likes of Gonzalez, Witten, Gates, and others but grabbing a servicable one for pass catching could and should be addressed in the mid rds (3-5). I seen a lot of effort from Royal in some of these games last year and while he may not be the answer to what we are looking for he does solidfy one of the two TE positions. Think of Denver with Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler. We need a Scheffler. I think that Jacob Tamme is that kind of TE and he can be available in the 4th of 5th rd. (Agreed)

DL- We have GOOD DEs. Adding a blue chip DE would most certainly make this position a force. At DT was resolved in free agency and this finally looks to be a solid position for us. ( :lol: )

Secondary- Another position that we'll add to in the draft but it's not an eyesore. We have dealt with more than our share of injuries and at this position in particular. ( Due to that depth is pretty good but an elite big CB would be a huge help)

(A mid to late round developmental guy would be perfect for a backup position)

STs- We have one of the best in the league even with the losses we had this off season. Between RB and STs these are the two areas where we have some comfort level. (Look for the Bills to grab good ST's players with their picks. They'll be looking for guys who can do both their positions and ST's)

I look at our positions on our team and I'm alot more optimistic than discouraged. This was just a brief general overview but I feel that it's more accurate than not. I'm expecting big results in this year's draft and team. ( Good Job!! :beer: )

<_< Well thought out! The main problem for Buffalo right now is depth at some positions. Due to the injuries last year a lot of their guys have game experience and that's really valuable. Depth isn't a huge concern but it's definitely a concern. If the Bills stay healthy, knock wood (hitting head), they will be a force to be reckoned with.

With the cap rising as much as it has I wouldn't look for too many June 1st cuts.

Wow. I wish I had your optimism, but I just do not see it. The facts are, this team was putrid last year, in literally every aspect of the game. At this point, I see no real improvement from that abortion the Bills called an offense. Yes, we go rid of Fairchild, but we replaced him with The Turk, a coach who has never been an OC before until now. And he has to answer to one of the more incompetent head coaches in the league.

We can only hope Edwards turns out to be everything we hope to be. But the reality is, he got worse as the year progressed, and 2008 will be only his second year in the league. Does that mean he will suck next year? Of course not. But combing a second year QB with a 'rookie' OC does not have me jumping for joy.

And maybe it is just me, but I cannot shake the feeling we Bills fans are not looking at the next 'Joe Montana', but we are looking at Shaun King v2.0.

Man you're a negative Nelly. How many times a day do you have to fill your coffee mug because it's constantly half empty? It's funny how you call Jauron a bad HC when a lot of people think otherwise especially after last year. That team had no business being 7-9. They should have been 3-13. The fact they were very close to being at least 9-7 is even more amazing.

As for your assessment on Edwards I'm sure you know a lot more than Bill Walsh, Marv Levy, Tom Modrak and other QB analysts like Jaws. <_<

Teams having more game tapes on Edwards is partly responsible for him degressing. In all fairness to Fairchild had he not scaled back our offense Edwards' growth would have been stunted before he was ever allowed to grow. The guy was a rookie and early on I believe that the administration realized that there was a much bigger difference between him and Losman than they ever expected.

I know that one game doesn't tell everything but I watched that Buffalo/Dallas game again last night and Edwards was darn right great on most of his decisions and delivery of the ball. This guy is way ahead of the curve for a rookie QB. I realize that he did make some mistakes in that game but minor ones that can be easily corrected. Our offense didn't help either. I am more concerned with our OL and Lynch not providing more help than they did. Having such big linemen we should have been blowing people off the line and getting Lynch the opportunity for a good game. I hold Lynch accountable to a certain degree also for not being able to provide better production. In both cases though we have a newly formed OL that is learning to play with each other and a rookie RB. It doesn't help our cause either that we were playing against a very good DL that has been playing together a little longer than our OL has. These aren't excuses but reality. I think that in our second year we'll be seeing a quantum leap in our progress, especially if we make the proper aqusitions that are needed to fortify our roster.

:blink: A rookie who rushes for 1,115 yards and 18 receptions for 184 yards needs to get better production. Are you on crack? He had a HUGE rookie year. If Peterson hadn't come out last year people would be lavishing praise on Lynch like they did him.

Jason Garrett was never an OC before last year. In fact the year before, he was the QBs coach for the Fins and worked "miracles with Culpepper and Harrington.

And quick, tell me the last time the Bills hired a coach who was Coach of the year and a runner up in another year? Because that's on Jauron's resume.

Or Edwards played in 2 of the worst weather games in Bills' history? Without context, it looks like Edwards was terrible. However when you look at the big picture, he outperformed the Super Bowl MVP (Manning) and was basically even with a Pro Bowl QB (Anderson). All this with the worst #2 receiver in football (Reed is a solid 3 but a horrible #2).

As for your silly King comparison, it's all in how you look at things. But for your effort to diss Edwards by comparing him to King, King did help take Tampa to the NFC title game. Personally, I'd take that.

He'll be A LOT better than King.

How can you be a Bills fan and not slit your wrists? :blink:

:lol:

[sigh] It's too bad I say this every year. One of these days I'll be right.

The doomers will always be right more often than not seeing as how only one of 32 teams wins the SB and 12 teams make the playoffs. They don't see the positive moves Buffalo's made this year in the offseason and don't take injuries into account for last season. If they would do that then they would be a lot more positive.

We do but it doesn't need to be a high profiled TE, just one who can adequately block and have good, reliable hands and decent speed.

Edwards' learning curve, more offensive weapons (#2 WR and a compliment TE) and the team staying relatively healthy. I do believe that overloading a rookie QB would have been detrimental to his developement. Having a year under his belt and getting accustomed to the game speed should have a profound effect in his results in year two.

I agree with your Edwards thoughts, but you're on crack about Levy. Just ask his players whether he was a good HC or not?

From the article;

Signing Kawika Mitchell helps, but the Bills are still thin at outside linebacker. Their lone experienced backup is Keith Ellison, who can play on only the weak side because of his lacking ideal size. Another weakside linebacker, Blake Costanzo, spent more of last season on the practice squad. Middle linebacker John DiGiorgio can play outside, but he is the primary reserve behind Paul Posluszny. The only strongside linebacker on the roster is Angelo Crowell. Look for the Bills to add one, maybe two, players at the position during the draft. . . .

Agreed but can be day two picks.

The Bills had the league's second-worst offense last season, so they need someone to come in and have an immediate impact. Although the Bills struck out in trying to land free agent Bryant Johnson, they should continue to look at veteran options either in the free-agent market or via a trade.

Yeah, great WR's are always easy to trade for. Teams are just jumping to get rid of them. <_<

The Bills had the league's second-worst offense last season, so they need someone to come in and have an immediate impact. Although the Bills struck out in trying to land free agent Bryant Johnson, they should continue to look at veteran options either in the free-agent market or via a trade.

Yeah, great WR's are always easy to trade for. Teams are just jumping to get rid of them. <_<

Struck out? I think the Bills intentionally walked on Bryant Johnson.

Struck out? I think the Bills intentionally walked on Bryant Johnson.

That is my feeling to.....I dont think the bills really thought he was better then what we have or can be gotten in the draft......

There is also going to be June 1st cuts.......we have plenty of cap room and could sign a quality WR vet should one come available.....

Man you're a negative Nelly. How many times a day do you have to fill your coffee mug because it's constantly half empty? It's funny how you call Jauron a bad HC when a lot of people think otherwise especially after last year. That team had no business being 7-9. They should have been 3-13. The fact they were very close to being at least 9-7 is even more amazing.

Here's a tip: Despite last year, there are still a lot of people who think Jauron has some serious question marks regarding his ability to be a HC.

As for your assessment on Edwards I'm sure you know a lot more than Bill Walsh, Marv Levy, Tom Modrak and other QB analysts like Jaws. <_<

Yeah, cause Levy and Modrak were so high on Edwards ability they had him ranked somewhere in the second round, IIRC. (What a coincidence, Shaun King was drafted in the second round.)

As for Bill Walsh - roll out that tired argument once again. Bill Walsh also called Jake Plummer the next Joe Montana. It has also been reported Bill Walsh highly regarded Joey Harrington. Bill Walsh has not been right about a QB since the 80's. I think the time has come to view Walsh's recommendations with some skepticism.

And if you still truly think the 'great QB guru Bill Walsh' cannot be questioned, chew on this tidbit:

Joe Montana was NOT Bill Walsh's choice for QB. Somebody else in the 49ers organization had to convince Walsh to take Montana.

I want to know who that guy was.

Here's a tip: Despite last year, there are still a lot of people who think Jauron has some serious question marks regarding his ability to be a HC.

Agreed. If after three years of player acquisitions and drafts Dick Jauron fails to get us to the playoffs because he rolled out the same old tired, safe, and predictable game plans that not even the Patriots or Colts rosters could overcome then he will need (as the Losman haters like to say) to be given a ticket on the next bus out of Buffalo. If Losman isn't allowed excuses, Jauron shouldn't be either. Especially given the fact that he's got a .437 winning record after 117 games as a head coach. Losman got only 35 games. It's amazing this is the guy Buffalo fans get to hang their playoff hopes on. Yet they somehow, someway buy what Dick Jauron's selling. It's amazing.

.....If you had bothered to actually look at Jauron's 2001 year (and I know you haven't), you probably will not like what you see.

Teflon Dick went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams Dick faced that ended up > .500? 6

the numbers of teams Dick faced that ended up <= .500? 10

Dicks W/L against the 6 better than .500 teams: 3-3

Dicks W/L against the 10 .500 or less teams: 10-0

I am not making a comment here on my views about Jauron......simply a comment about selectively stating numbers.

If you had bothered to actually look at a typical 13-3 year (and I know you haven't), you probably will not like what you see.

2007 Packers went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 4

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 12

Dicks W/L against the 4 better than .500 teams: 3-1

Dicks W/L against the 12 .500 or less teams: 10-2

2007 Cowboys went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 6

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 10

Dicks W/L against the 6 better than .500 teams: 4-2

Dicks W/L against the 9 .500 or less teams: 9-1

2007 Colts went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 7

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 9

Dicks W/L against the 7 better than .500 teams: 4-3

Dicks W/L against the 9 .500 or less teams: 9-0

2006 Ravens went 13-3. But let's break that down:

2006 Bears went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 3

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 13

Dicks W/L against the 3 better than .500 teams: 2-1

Dicks W/L against the 13 .500 or less teams: 12-2

What was your point again?

I am not making a comment here on my views about Jauron......simply a comment about selectively stating numbers.

If you had bothered to actually look at a typical 13-3 year (and I know you haven't), you probably will not like what you see.

2007 Packers went 13-3. But let's break that down:

2007 Cowboys went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 6

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 10

Dicks W/L against the 6 better than .500 teams: 4-2

Dicks W/L against the 9 .500 or less teams: 9-1

2007 Colts went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 7

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 9

Dicks W/L against the 7 better than .500 teams: 4-3

Dicks W/L against the 9 .500 or less teams: 9-0

2006 Ravens went 13-3. But let's break that down:

2006 Bears went 13-3. But let's break that down:

the number of teams they faced that ended up > .500? 3

the numbers of teams they faced that ended up <= .500? 13

Dicks W/L against the 3 better than .500 teams: 2-1

Dicks W/L against the 13 .500 or less teams: 12-2

What was your point again?

Nice examples. Notice how each team fared against the better competition, something a Jauron coached team has been incapable of doing.

If you expect the Bills to just make the playoffs, and nothing more, Jauron can 'probably' do that (just hope he has lots of crappy teams to play against)

But if you want the Bills to actually win some playoff games, and hopefully the SB, then the Bills are going to have to beat the better teams in the league.

If a Jauron coached team cannot beat the better teams during the regular season, what in the world makes people believe Jauron will be able to do it in the playoffs?

Nice examples. Notice how each team fared against the better competition, something a Jauron coached team has been incapable of doing.

If you expect the Bills to just make the playoffs, and nothing more, Jauron can 'probably' do that (just hope he has lots of crappy teams to play against)

But if you want the Bills to actually win some playoff games, and hopefully the SB, then the Bills are going to have to beat the better teams in the league.

If a Jauron coached team cannot beat the better teams during the regular season, what in the world makes people believe Jauron will be able to do it in the playoffs?

Please tell me one QB who has started for Jauron that has started for another team. And not to turn this into another one of those, but IMO, Losman will be the latest. It's one thing if DJ has had QBs that achieved success elsewhere, bujt he hasn't. The Bears were saddled with crap on offense. This is year 3 and the writing is on the wall. This the first QB Jauron has truly brought in as his own.

And for all the other silly Jauron bashing comments, how great of a coach was Belichick before Brady?