Schouman and Wright

I'm wondering if either one of these guys are serious contenders for the starting fullback job... Schouman is too short to start at TE, and Wright seems to be the odd man out since the emergance of Fred Jackson. I'm happy with Lynch, Jackson, and Wright at RB but who is the FB? I'm guessing that Buffalo will be drafting one but Schouman deserves a shot.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflco...e&order=ASC

I'm wondering if either one of these guys are serious contenders for the starting fullback job... Schouman is too short to start at TE, and Wright seems to be the odd man out since the emergance of Fred Jackson. I'm happy with Lynch, Jackson, and Wright at RB but who is the FB? I'm guessing that Buffalo will be drafting one but Schouman deserves a shot.

they'll get a FB in the draft............schouman will be cut - he doesn't fit at FB or TE

they'll get a FB in the draft............schouman will be cut - he doesn't fit at FB or TE

Shouman will make the team as a ST and TE if he makes it, period. I believe the H-back experiments are over.

Yet, in his brief time last year, he looked like a player and may surprise.

Shouman will make the team as a ST and TE if he makes it, period. I believe the H-back experiments are over.

Yet, in his brief time last year, he looked like a player and may surprise.

Yeah, I was also surprised by his play late in the season. Unfortunately it didn't last long. With our weak TE depth he's still got a shot at making the roster.

The Bills did sign a FB. Schouman is a TE.

http://buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122787

Just because we're using a FB doesn't mean we're scuttling the H-Back Position. The Redskins have two Fullbacks, an H-Back (now mentioned as TE) in Cooley and about 2 other tight ends, and these are guys that were on the team last year to begin with.

Now Neufeld may be gone, but I doubt that Schouman will be.

I would really love to see Wright get some more playing time, in whatever capacity...although I never saw him play in college, a few draft "experts" who I really respect, really gushed about this guy, even before the Bills drafted him...Chris Landry (who I think is the best draft guy out there) even said, given all of the Bills needs going into last years draft, the team would have done well to draft Wright as their new #1 guy. He wasn't saying he was better than Marshawn, just that Wright has starting RB potential...I have heard him compared to the backup guy in San Diego (his name is escaping me at the moment) and a smaller Marice Jones-Drew...it may be hard for him to get snaps now, with the surprising emergence of Jackson, but I would love to see Wright get a few more carries. He carried the ball a little, early in the season, and showed a little spark from time to time, but looked a little tentative other times...

I agree that Schouman looked like a decent blocker...we shall see...

I watched Wright play alot in college and he was always the featured back. Never a blocking back. But he has alot of traits that may make him a good fullback. He's a real physical runner,very strong. In his last year at Fresno State,the team had very little passing game so opposing D's would stack the line to stop Wright. But they coudn't stop him,he was Fresno's whole offense. He would run into a pile of defenders and knock have of them down and drag the other half for 4 or 5 yards. He was a horse. If he could transfer that power into blocking he would really be something. He was also a pretty good receiver. I'd like to see him get a look at fullback.

I would really love to see Wright get some more playing time, in whatever capacity...although I never saw him play in college, a few draft "experts" who I really respect, really gushed about this guy, even before the Bills drafted him...Chris Landry (who I think is the best draft guy out there) even said, given all of the Bills needs going into last years draft, the team would have done well to draft Wright as their new #1 guy. He wasn't saying he was better than Marshawn, just that Wright has starting RB potential...I have heard him compared to the backup guy in San Diego (his name is escaping me at the moment) and a smaller Marice Jones-Drew...it may be hard for him to get snaps now, with the surprising emergence of Jackson, but I would love to see Wright get a few more carries. He carried the ball a little, early in the season, and showed a little spark from time to time, but looked a little tentative other times...

I agree that Schouman looked like a decent blocker...we shall see...

Wright needs to do a lot of work to get to the level everyone thinks he should be at. Jauron got frustrated with his work ethic or lack of work ethic last year. I think he can be great but he looked lost in the games he played last year. He was a real disappointment to me.

Wright needs to do a lot of work to get to the level everyone thinks he should be at. Jauron got frustrated with his work ethic or lack of work ethic last year. I think he can be great but he looked lost in the games he played last year. He was a real disappointment to me.

I agree, when Wright was in there last year he didn't impress. He looked very below average and did pretty much nothing.

Schouman too short for a TE? Dream on, Dan. I guess Dallas Clark, Chris Cooley, Vernon Davis, Eric Johnson, and Algae Crumpler are all too short as well. Each of those players are 6-3 or under.

Why do people on this board continue to think that RBs are interchangeable with FBs? Dwayne Wright is a RB. He cannot block. We need at least 3 deep at RB.

And to answer your question, don't rule Schouman out. He did an excellent time blocking while he was in there at FB last year. Hopefully we'll get our hands on someone like Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis in the draft, but if we don't, right now its looking like either Barnes or Schouman.

I thought in the brief time he got Shouman did well.....

Agreed. Think we should spend a day 1 pick at TE, esp. after cleaning house at the position in the offseason. No reason to throw depth away.

If he could transfer that power into blocking he would really be something. He was also a pretty good receiver. I'd like to see him get a look at fullback.

Someone named 'El Tigre' should know the phrase 'A tiger doesn't change his stripes.' Wright is a RB. He will never be a FB. Then again, I said the same thing about Joe Burns and his naked pictures of Ralph kept him on the roster for how long?

Hopefully we'll get our hands on someone like Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis in the draft, but if we don't, right now its looking like either Barnes or Schouman.

I'd be satisfied with either of them. OS is a bruiser ala Gash. Hillis does seem to be more well-rounded, which our offenses have tended to prefer sometimes to our own detriment. Don't know how many times Fairchild called passes to Shelton in -and goal situations, which were precious, don't you know. It was like an irresistible unnatural man-love for someone who should have known better than call them in the first place, or to keep calling them no matter how many times they ended in failure.

We all need to remember though Schouman didn't get playing time until late in the season, when everybody else was beat up from the season and he was fresh. I just don't see him holding up at FB and is probably the odd man out at TE. Although I'm probably in the minority, I don't see Schouman making the team this year.