After reading JoeF's post about JP being a team first guy

Tipster your not leaving are you?

Naw, not at all Bro. I was just getting worked up when I was posting, kind of like that Stroud/front office rant I did at the beginning of free agency. If you missed it, it was kind of a classic. I'm not going anywheres, I'm addicted, it's like crack. Every once in awhile a post like this is called for, it gets every one and everything back in perspective. It kind of like purges the board and it's members of past transgressions gets everyone back to the Bills and football for, oh I would say, about 36 hours. After that it's back to everybody tearing each other's face off again. I guess you could call it off season blues or predraft jitters, you get the picture.

To me what Tipster is saying has a lot less to do with Losman (or QB issue however you want to spin it) but how people are just @ssholes on this board to each other way to much......

Some good natured debating was fine and cool when I first came on this board back in the day......which I now see was a long time ago....but the board has lost quite a few good posters because people dont know how to conduct themselves to one another.......

Personal attacks should not be tolerated on this board and attacking the post not the poster should be something EVERYONE knows how to do. I myself have always tried to treat people with respect.....every once in a while a troll will float across the radar and its hard not to take a shot at them....but I dont think I have every done that to a member of our community.

That's exactly right John and of course you know that I wasn't referring to you at all.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me what Tipster is saying has a lot less to do with Losman (or QB issue however you want to spin it) but how people are just @ssholes on this board to each other way to much......

Some good natured debating was fine and cool when I first came on this board back in the day......which I now see was a long time ago....but the board has lost quite a few good posters because people dont know how to conduct themselves to one another.......

Personal attacks should not be tolerated on this board and attacking the post not the poster should be something EVERYONE knows how to do. I myself have always tried to treat people with respect.....every once in a while a troll will float across the radar and its hard not to take a shot at them....but I dont think I have every done that to a member of our community.

Well said my friend. I wish we had more of a bar room, shoot the sh-- mentality discussing the Bills, rather than the know it all bashing crowd. Makes you not want to bother posting anything...

Well said my friend. I wish we had more of a bar room, shoot the sh-- mentality discussing the Bills, rather than the know it all bashing crowd. Makes you not want to bother posting anything...

Amen to that. That is what this board used to be. I know if we all got together in person, everyone would be much more civil to one another. It is a shame some hide behind the anonymity of their computer screen and launch personal attacks. I am gonna start utilizing the ignore button more and more. It is the usual suspects posting drivel. And it is common knowledge who the better posters on this board are. I seek out well thought out analysis and opinions. Too bad we can't have an idiot's board and segregate this place

Yeah, the good old days. Before the huge RJ/Flutie fiasco. When the board was a fun place to hang out and DISCUSS the Bills as opposed to the my OPINION is better than your OPINION days we have been in for a while now. I used to post quite a bit back in those days. Joe Six Pack was not yet JSP. SDS used to post far more often. JDG used to be John De GeorgioSomething (sorry JDG, my memory isn't always there since I hit 40!)

It would be nice to go back to POLITELY disagreeing with an opinion without the insults. Part of the problem is the overall lack of maturity, loss of respect for others, and the outright aggressiveness of todays society. This board reflects that IMO...After all is said and done, dont we all still LOVE the damn Bills!!! ???

Oh well. You cant change the world in 1 post. Sometimes it's better to just ride the wave and enjoy the scenery. Don't look too hard for the Sharks....

Amen to that. That is what this board used to be. I know if we all got together in person, everyone would be much more civil to one another. It is a shame some hide behind the anonymity of their computer screen and launch personal attacks. I am gonna start utilizing the ignore button more and more. It is the usual suspects posting drivel. And it is common knowledge who the better posters on this board are. I seek out well thought out analysis and opinions. Too bad we can't have an idiot's board and segregate this place

Which board would you be on? The one on which people launched personal insults against Drew Bledsoe and wished him harm?

You should address this Pete, rather than to stick your head in the sand and play holier than thou.

Which board would you be on? The one on which people launched personal insults against Drew Bledsoe and wished him harm?

You should address this Pete, rather than to stick your head in the sand and play holier than thou.

I never launched personal attacks on Drew. That is revisionist history. I lobbied that we never trade for him. I argued that he never produced in a big game. I argued that he had little to do with New England beating Pitt in the AFC championship game. I argued that he was a choker and could not beat a team with a winning record. I substantiated that claim. I argued he held on to the ball to long and did some stupid plays(such as throwing the ball out of bound to stop the clock- on 4th down). I stook up for RJ and posted why the double standard for Drew? And I argued he was not the answer at QB. I am vindicated- he never did jack sh-- once he left the Bills. But I never got personal with Drew. I always stated he was a good guy. I always said he was tough. You seem to be on some sort of crusade against me. I always stuck up for RJ. For Coy Wire. For JP. For Shobel. For Denney. Etc. I have better things to talk about then Drew. Don't you?

I never launched personal attacks on Drew. That is revisionist history. I lobbied that we never trade for him. I argued that he never produced in a big game. I argued that he had little to do with New England beating Pitt in the AFC championship game. I argued that he was a choker and could not beat a team with a winning record. I substantiated that claim. I argued he held on to the ball to long and did some stupid plays(such as throwing the ball out of bound to stop the clock- on 4th down). I stook up for RJ and posted why the double standard for Drew? And I argued he was not the answer at QB. I am vindicated- he never did jack sh-- once he left the Bills. But I never got personal with Drew. I always stated he was a good guy. You seem to be on some sort of crusade against me. I always stuck up for RJ. For Coy Wire. For JP. For Shobel. For Denney. Etc. I have better things to talk about then Drew. Don't you?

Pete, I will never be on a crusade against you. Thanks for addressing my issues.

The bolded part is what I will address. He played well for Dallas after TD dumped him, WAY better that JP in that same year, no?

The only thing I ask is that you look at your stated problems with Drew, take them, and add a few more for JP. Then, couple in some excuses (poor blocking, etc.). It isn't much different, is it? Do you think that JP will have lifetime stats to match Bledsoe?

In any event, there is no crusade. I wish you well. You should however stay off of canoes when you are stoned out, but do forgive my paternal tone. :thumbsup:

Pete, I will never be on a crusade against you. Thanks for addressing my issues.

The bolded part is what I will address. He played well for Dallas after TD dumped him, WAY better that JP in that same year, no?

The only thing I ask is that you look at your stated problems with Drew, take them, and add a few more for JP. Then, couple in some excuses (poor blocking, etc.). It isn't much different, is it? Do you think that JP will have lifetime stats to match Bledsoe?

In any event, there is no crusade. I wish you well. You should however stay off of canoes when you are stoned out, but do forgive my paternal tone. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill. You are a good man and a fair man. I respect your opinions and wish you well too.

Yeah, the good old days. Before the huge RJ/Flutie fiasco. When the board was a fun place to hang out and DISCUSS the Bills as opposed to the my OPINION is better than your OPINION days we have been in for a while now. I used to post quite a bit back in those days. Joe Six Pack was not yet JSP. SDS used to post far more often. JDG used to be John De GeorgioSomething (sorry JDG, my memory isn't always there since I hit 40!)

It would be nice to go back to POLITELY disagreeing with an opinion without the insults. Part of the problem is the overall lack of maturity, loss of respect for others, and the outright aggressiveness of todays society. This board reflects that IMO...After all is said and done, dont we all still LOVE the damn Bills!!! ???

Oh well. You cant change the world in 1 post. Sometimes it's better to just ride the wave and enjoy the scenery. Don't look too hard for the Sharks....

The good old days, back when TSW was a small town and most of us knew each other personally. (Not that we didn't still have our share of knock-down, drag-outs.) As the site has grown, the dynamics have changed, as they have across the Web. Instead of the guy passing you on the sidewalk greeting you with a friendly "hi," you're just as likely to get a glare and a "you looking at ME?!?"

Unfortunate, but I'm not sure how to put that genie back in its bottle.

Think he spells it D. Giorgis, BTW.

I am a newbie here but I would like to add my comments. First off I must say that I am a JP Losman fan. I am also a Trent Edwards fan. I am a fan of any player who puts on a Bills uniform and gives 100% on the field, supports the community, and shows props for the fans.

I really wish JP would have worked out in Buffalo. I think he is a standup guy with a great work ethic, great attitude, strong leader. I like his gun slinger style of play. I feel he didn't get the best coaching and support from the organization but that is how it goes for some folks. It isn't fair but then again somethings in life just aren't. If he stays on in Buffalo I would be happy. If he goes elsewhere, I hope he gets a fair shake and can have a decent career.

I hope the Bills staff have learned something from this and doesn't give Trent the same sort of treatment. Trent seems to bring a different style of play than JP. He shows great promise after his rookie season and hopefully if he is our guy can build on it.

I am gonna cheer for whoever is starting under center for Bills. (I could never cheer for Brady if he became a bill somehow though, he can DIAF!!) I like to think that the Bills coaching staff know what is best for the team. (Sometimes you start to wonder though.)

Get the pieces in place Buffalo and gooooooo BILLS!!

I appreciate where you are coming from but I think some of the sentiment on this board is that if you dont want Losman as the starter or you dont think JP is good or will ever be good is construed as hating the guy. I really dont see the pure hatred that you & many others point out towards losman. Sure you get the wise ass cleaning up the street comments, like the one I made in the other thread, but I think that is pretty harmless. Some of us are just tired of seeing his act. The guy has too many deficiencies to be a successfull NFL QB IMHO, that is why I think it is time to turn the page. I could less if he has taken to Buffalo, or has made blo his home, who cares, I want him to win some football games, which face it, he has not done since he has been here.

I didn't write this post....but I could have. My sentiments exactly. :thumbsup:

I am a newbie here but I would like to add my comments. First off I must say that I am a JP Losman fan. I am also a Trent Edwards fan. I am a fan of any player who puts on a Bills uniform and gives 100% on the field, supports the community, and shows props for the fans.

I really wish JP would have worked out in Buffalo. I think he is a standup guy with a great work ethic, great attitude, strong leader. I like his gun slinger style of play. I feel he didn't get the best coaching and support from the organization but that is how it goes for some folks. It isn't fair but then again somethings in life just aren't. If he stays on in Buffalo I would be happy. If he goes elsewhere, I hope he gets a fair shake and can have a decent career.

I hope the Bills staff has learned something from this and doesn't give Trent the same sort of treatment. Trent seems to bring a different style of play than JP. He shows great promise after his rookie season and hopefully if he is our guy can build on it.

I am gonna route for whoever is starting under center for Bills. (I could never route for Brady if he became a bill somehow though, he can DIAF!!) I like to think that the Bills coaching staff know what is best for the team. (Sometimes you start to wonder though.)

Get the pieces in place Buffalo and gooooooo BILLS!!

Welcome aboard friend.

I agree with you, anyone who wears the Bills' colors is one of us. If they don't care about the community, team, or the franchise then they better be a superstar (*see Bruce Smith) or I really don't have a lot of use for them.

Once and for all I would like to go on record and state that I like Edwards but I don't know too much about him. I'm pulling for him and anyone else who is under center for us.

On another note. I hope that this post clears the air for the members of this board and in some sick way it pulls all of us together for a common cause. I'd really like tom see us get back to the friendly debates and show a little more respect to each other even when we disagree. I know this sounds abit corny but it's true, I really mean it. Peace.

I do agree that bashing somebody's character or personality is a bit rough. But, in my short time on TBD, I have not seen alot of that. What I primarily see is people questioning his ability to lead the team to success.

Statements made by posters(myself included), questioning his ability as an NFL quarterback are not attacks at him personally, they are simply the expression of an opinion. So far, we have seen little to show us that he is the quarterback of the future for this team.

When I say TE should be our starting QB, it doesn't mean I don't like JP as a person or feel he shouldn't remain in Buffalo as a backup. It means I feel that Trent give our team the best chance of success.

When I express my opinion that JP should be traded, it isn't a personal attack either. I just feel that we could be in a better position if we trade him this season and get something for him(because I feel he could be a valuable backup anywhere in the league) rather than just letting his contract expire at the end of the season and losing him through UFA and getting nothing in return. If you think about it, that is a sign of respect, he has a solid value IMO and we should use that to improve our team in other ways.

I have been a bills fan my entire life. I have celebrate the good times and struggled through the bad times just like everybody else. JP is a good person and a very respectable man, but I want to see this team winning again, and I don't think he's the guy to make that happen.

So don't assume that when we say JP isn't the guy that we are disrespecting him, his character and his performance on the field are completely unrelated. Bills fans just want their team to be great again.