Say what you want about JP...but

JoeF

I always like the kid as a person, if he could only throw the ball TO a receiver and not behind or over them and actually get the ball there in time. then I would like him as a player

I actually enjoyed screaming at the TV when he would use the Magic Johnson bounce pass on a 5 yard out..I am gonna miss those days...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjoyed screaming at the TV when he would use the Magic Johnson bounce pass on a 5 yard out..I am gonna miss those days...

I wonder, with JP bouncing every one of his passes, how he ever managed to complete 63% in a season?

I wonder, with JP bouncing every one of his passes, how he ever managed to complete 63% in a season?

Just the short ones Ramius..I just could not get it...Here he could fling a ball 60 yards on the money but a freakin 15 yard pass he couldnt...I dont get it..Besides that where did I say every one.Typical

Criticizing Trent does not automatically mean that one wants JP to start. Trent gave everyone a lot to criticize with his abysmal performances over the last 3 weeks of the season.

As a corollary, thinking Trent has a lot to prove does not mean that one thinks he should NOT be starting. He needs to do a lot of improving, but he still should be starting this season.

Amazing how these concepts get lost around here, isn't it?

Good for JP. This is the first step in manning up and reclaiming his job. Now he has to translate that to the field in drills, practice and then in the classroom during film study.

GO BILLS!!!

I always like the kid as a person, if he could only throw the ball TO a receiver and not behind or over them and actually get the ball there in time. then I would like him as a player

Yeah, I was so upset when those long bombs to Evans would... oh wait, he completed those. :)

Who cares? He stunk for the better part of 4 years. Now, he has a chance to keep himself in shape and perhaps get some money from another team.

I am glad he came in, I really am. But, if you are expecting me to be hitting the bass drum in a parade because he is in town, it isn't likely. That's all. <_<

Ocho Dinko is also asking for a trade I'd be surprised if he even shows up for the mandatory offseason stuff.

Personally JP is my favorite player and has been since we drafted him i just wish all our previous coaches wouldnt have screwed his career and i love that he still shows up to work and personally i wouldnt mind seeing an all out competition in camp and JP wins it because he deserves it

<_< He was royally screwed by the coaching staffs. I feel bad for the kid and I'm sure he'd be a lot better with good coaching and patience.

Criticizing Trent does not automatically mean that one wants JP to start. Trent gave everyone a lot to criticize with his abysmal performances over the last 3 weeks of the season.

As a corollary, thinking Trent has a lot to prove does not mean that one thinks he should NOT be starting. He needs to do a lot of improving, but he still should be starting this season.

Just give him time. Don't expect miracles over night. He'll have good games and bad games until he gets enough experience to have mostly good games.

:doh:

Just the short ones Ramius..I just could not get it...Here he could fling a ball 60 yards on the money but a freakin 15 yard pass he couldnt...I dont get it..Besides that where did I say every one.Typical

Touch passes are a lot different from long bombs. Favre had problems with touch passes early in his career too. Great QB's don't step on the field for their first game 99.9% of the time.

JP's accuracy problem is one that may haunt him the rest of his career. He needs to end up on a team with enough offensive weapons to overcome that, and a strong defense. We have neither at this point. Both may hurt Edwards this year if not remedied, bit thats ok as well, he has time.

Yeah, I was so upset when those long bombs to Evans would... oh wait, he completed those. :)

He didnt hit all of them..I seem to remember a wide open Evans against the Broncos that wouldve ended the game being overflown by 8 yards..No doubt he is a much accurate deep passer than a short passer but he was no Plunkett

Ocho Dinko is also asking for a trade I'd be surprised if he even shows up for the mandatory offseason stuff.

<_< He was royally screwed by the coaching staffs. I feel bad for the kid and I'm sure he'd be a lot better with good coaching and patience.

He did as much to screw it up as did his coaches..He still coudnt read a blitz any better than when he first started in the NFL

Just give him time. Don't expect miracles over night. He'll have good games and bad games until he gets enough experience to have mostly good games.

He has as much time as the Bills will give him..Could be 2 yrs or 2 games

<_<

Touch passes are a lot different from long bombs. Favre had problems with touch passes early in his career too. Great QB's don't step on the field for their first game 99.9% of the time.

A 5 yard out pattern is not a touch pass..A 10 yard seam pass to the tight end is..He fired them into the ground like he was throwin at a groundhog..

Personally JP is my favorite player and has been since we drafted him i just wish all our previous coaches wouldnt have screwed his career and i love that he still shows up to work and personally i wouldnt mind seeing an all out competition in camp and JP wins it because he deserves it

abit off topic, but you might find this helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence

:)

I believe a "rolling eyes" gesture is more appropriately directed at you for voluntarily posting in this thread in the first place. Nobody shouted "strike up the band" -- the original poster simply commented that for all of his apparent shortcomings, JP still believes in being a part of the team when many "grown-up" athletes would collect their millions from home.

You're beating a drum, alright, Bill -- it's deafening.

All I want from him is to play a good QB for my team. I want him to play it so well that he becomes one of those players who doesn't show up to these camps because he's so good and we give him a free pass for not showing (ie...Bruce Smith, Mike Strahan). :)

Since that isn't happening, he should show up to bolster his stock with his present situation or for some other team. I can't get too excited just because he has decided to attend a non-mandatory camp. Big deal.

Good answer. Now for bonus points..

If JP couldn't complete 15 yard passes how come 75% of his completed passes were for 20 yards or less?

He is in attendance at the first day of workouts. Look at all the !@#$s out there who are unhappy with their situation and use the media to bargain and leverage their no-shows as a badge of some display of courage. JP is not divisive..he is a team guy. In my mind this only enhances his trade value if that's the route we go and it shows me that he will be okay if we keep him.

We can trash him all we want for his play on the field...but he constantly shows me he is a mature, team-oriented player...I am glad he is still a Bill.

From Chris Brown:

LOSMAN IN ATTENDANCE: Buffalobills.com confirmed that QB J.P. Losman was in the building for the start of Buffalo's offseason program and did attend position meetings.

---

that's only because he's not good enough to hold out. when he starts establishing himself like Chad Johnson, etc... then he has some kind of leverage to do so. the last i saw, he's still under contract with the Bills so he has no choice. he NEEDS the practice anyways since he couldn't beat out a rookie last year. he just needs to keep his mouth shut, practice, and hope that he can perform well to beat out a second year player.

Good answer. Now for bonus points..

If JP couldn't complete 15 yard passes how come 75% of his completed passes were for 20 yards or less?

Link please????

Last year

From 0-7 he was 59 percent

from 8-14 he was 63 percent

and from 14 plus he was 69 percent..