NCAA Tourney discussion thread

KD in CA

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And determined to have Curry take the last shot. Even if they wanted the 3, they should have put 5 shooters on the floor. Everyone but Curry would have been wide open. Also, should have taken the 3 earlier to allow for an offensive board.

I'm sure Bill Self told his team "Let ANYONE but Curry shoot the ball."

That had to be one of the worst drawn-up/exectued last shot plays I've ever seen. Two guys just standing deep in the corner like statues until 5 secs left. I guess they were trying to create space for Curry to either get the 3 or see a hole and drive in, but there's no way you're going to free him up with a single high screen. I actually wonder if some players just got brain cramps - I can't believe that was how it was drawn up.

Would have been fun to see Curry/Cinderellas in the Final 4, but having all the 1's is pretty cool. If an NC/Memphis final both my kids will go 1-2 in a pool we're in - almost $500 :thumbsup:

Great first half.

Memphis is still playing really well but I think UCLA has a great shot. They're well-rested, have weathered the early storm smartly, have the Tigers interior with some fouls and aside from Shipp seem to understand how they'll need to win this game. If Memphis can get them running they're in trouble but UCLA seems to recognize. Props to the zebras too for letting everybody play basketball.

2nd half should be prime stuff.......

Buh-bye Bruins.

Yet another nice year for Ben and the boys but once again they ran into a wayyyy more athletic team and couldn't overcome. They should have given more minutes to Matta-Real and Aboya and turned it into a streetfight.

With no Bruins offensive threat on the off-side Memphis was able to smartly overplay Love and keep the ball away from him with backside help . It made UCLA's offense look very disjointed and the resultant poor shooting also led to a bunch of transition opportunities for Memphis, who will just cremate you in the open floor.

The Tigers are in a 1 game tournament now and I think that makes them the odds-on favorite. Too bad because all the people I know who know Calipari say he's an ass. Also too bad because it was fun watching "Billy Curley" Love play the college game for a year.

Another nice year for Ben and the boys but once again they ran into a wayyyy more athletic team and couldn't overcome. They should have given more minutes to Matta-Real and Aboya and turned it into a streetfight.

Buh-bye Bruins.

Our Memphis pick is doing alright Simon. Where are all the Memphis haters now?

Tough to rip on a team that plays that hard and is that entertaining. Especially when they're kicking your team's ass. <_<

I ended up going with my heart (I'm a Ben Howland fan) and picking UCLA to beat Memphis so both my brackets finally busted.

C'est la vie and let's tip off another one!

My alma mater. So no hatin here. Unbelievable.

Just curious... (I don't watch alot of basketball) but does that strategy of fouling like crazy in the last 2 minutes of a game ever work when your down by 10 (more or less)? Has anyone ever employed that strategy and actually won? I know I've seen teams get it close, but never actually win.

My alma mater. So no hatin here. Unbelievable.

Just curious... (I don't watch alot of basketball) but does that strategy of fouling like crazy in the last 2 minutes of a game ever work when your down by 10 (more or less)? Has anyone ever employed that strategy and actually won? I know I've seen teams get it close, but never actually win.

You can pull yourself back into a game but even that is pretty rare I'd say.

Considering how bad Memphis has been from the line this year it was worth it as a last gasp gambit.

Your coach played pointguard at my alma mater.

So congrats to your alma mater and enjoy the show!

You can pull yourself back into a game but even that is pretty rare I'd say.

Considering how bad Memphis has been from the line this year it was worth it as a last gasp gambit.

Your coach played pointguard at my alma mater.

So congrats to your alma mater and enjoy the show!

Thanks. If Memphis wins, it would be the first time ever that a team I cheer for wins a championship. (In any sport) So, if I'd suggest betting on NC.

KU obv. isn't this much better but why they were a prohibitive dog I'm not sure when they have slightly less firepower and a lot more defense.

Killing myself for picking Texas over Kansas; although this is scary similar to the Marquette thrashing in the '03 semi's.

Also, Rose is going to be a really good pro.

Man, Kansas vs Memphis is going to be a HELLUVA games. Two teams which are heads and shoulders above the rest.

To quote Lee Corso.."Not so fast my friend"...

12 minutes to go...KU's lead down to 5......

Buh-bye Bruins.

Yet another nice year for Ben and the boys but once again they ran into a wayyyy more athletic team and couldn't overcome. They should have given more minutes to Matta-Real and Aboya and turned it into a streetfight.

With no Bruins offensive threat on the off-side Memphis was able to smartly overplay Love and keep the ball away from him with backside help . It made UCLA's offense look very disjointed and the resultant poor shooting also led to a bunch of transition opportunities for Memphis, who will just cremate you in the open floor.

The Tigers are in a 1 game tournament now and I think that makes them the odds-on favorite. Too bad because all the people I know who know Calipari say he's an ass. Also too bad because it was fun watching "Billy Curley" Love play the college game for a year.

Nice post. Please don't pick Memphis though. I am not a fan, but I think one of the reasons they keep winning is the doubt. They seem to feed off that.