NCAA Tourney discussion thread

KD in CA

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not looking good for the A-10 early. :P

People who had Xavier going anywhere might not be happy right now.

Thought you'd get a kick out of this....

Eight men's college basketball teams are in Tampa this weekend for the NCAA tournament — and their fans are flooding in too. Here's a guide that will help you tell a Husky from a Bulldog and a Tiger from a Wildcat.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/...ticle424543.ece

I'll repost my comments in my thread over here for brevity-sake:

So I go over to CBS sportsline to try catching the games while at work and I get put in a "virtual waiting room" where I'm in the "General Admission" line. For one game I'm #1300 or something in the Georgia/Xavier game I'm #44. They then offer the little nugget that if I had purchased the VIP pass I would be # 1 in line? They offer to send me a reminder NEXT YEAR to purchase the VIP pass for 2009 tournament! WTF?

THEN, once I'm admitted past the "virtual velvet fuggin rope" the game comes up and it's got this soylent green tint to it and the game is barely watchable!

Fuggin CBS...

Glad I'm taking a half day tomorrow, so I can hit the pub down the hill from the Chateau Bullpen and watch the games.

Hopefully they can comback, still plenty of time.

I need them to win this game.... so they can lose to purdue in round 2 :P

That's what I love about this tournament....

Purdue hasn't tipped off yet and I already feel better about projecting them in the Elite 8 (until they lose to Baylor).

I'll repost my comments in my thread over here for brevity-sake:

So I go over to CBS sportsline to try catching the games while at work and I get put in a "virtual waiting room" where I'm in the "General Admission" line. For one game I'm #1300 or something in the Georgia/Xavier game I'm #44. They then offer the little nugget that if I had purchased the VIP pass I would be # 1 in line? They offer to send me a reminder NEXT YEAR to purchase the VIP pass for 2009 tournament! WTF?

THEN, once I'm admitted past the "virtual velvet fuggin rope" the game comes up and it's got this soylent green tint to it and the game is barely watchable!

Fuggin CBS...

Glad I'm taking a half day tomorrow, so I can hit the pub down the hill from the Chateau Bullpen and watch the games.

Uh, you didn't need to purchase anything, VIP passes were free.

Also, the stream looks good to me. The green tint is likely to having an old version of Windows Media Player installed.

Thought you'd get a kick out of this....

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT, Storrs, Conn.

Huskies

Mascot: Jonathan the Husky. The first Jonathan arrived on campus as a puppy in 1935, attended a few basketball games, then was hit and killed by a car.

Fans hate it when people . . . Ask them how things are going in Alaska.

How to recognize them: This is a sweat shirts-and-sneakers crowd. They wear blue and white and tend to squint because they haven't seen the sun since September.

Words they live by: "We got the beat!" They're not paying homage to the Go-Go's but to center Hasheem Thabeet.

Secretly embarrassed about . . . Hartford.

That's my state! :P

Uh, you didn't need to purchase anything, VIP passes were free.

Also, the stream looks good to me. The green tint is likely to having an old version of Windows Media Player installed.

Fair enough, but if they were "free" why can't we still get them?

Of course our government firewall will probably prevent me from downloading the newest version of Windows Media...

Fair enough, but if they were "free" why can't we still get them?

They only give out a limited number. Basically, they are trying to reward people who use CBS' products by letting them get in ahead of others. They had advertisements on CBS, cbs.com, sportsline.com, etc to sign up for a VIP pass.