NCAA Tourney discussion thread

KD in CA

To quote Michael Vick; I didn't have a dog in this fight so I could just enjoy the game and I think it's one of the top three finals I've ever witnessed. :unsure:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, how the Memphis douchebags will be screaming about that one point deduction for decades to come!! :D

I grew up outside of Memphis and went there as an undergrad. So, I'll disregard the douchebag remark. It's perhaps the only city I can really identify with, even more so than Buffalo. Visiting my family in Buffalo since birth has given me strong ties to Buffalo as well, but I've spent far more time in Memphis.

Just figures, the only teams I cheer for.. the Bills, Sabres, and Tigers have now all choked in the championship. I wish I could be upset about that point, but it was the lousy freethrow shooting that did them in.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Michael Vick; I didn't have a dog in this fight so I could just enjoy the game and I think it's one of the top three finals I've ever witnessed. :unsure:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, how the Memphis douchebags will be screaming about that one point deduction for decades to come!! :D

You know I wasn't rooting for Memphis right?

...but it was tht right call...

Yeah, by about a mile. I'm not even a fan of either team and I was going nuts when they put it up as a 3 at first. It was plain as day to me live, I can't believe they ruled it a 3 to begin with.

To quote Michael Vick; I didn't have a dog in this fight so I could just enjoy the game and I think it's one of the top three finals I've ever witnessed. :w00t:

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, how the Memphis douchebags will be screaming about that one point deduction for decades to come!! :cry:

I am not a fan, I am from Memphis though. Any particular reason you felt like hating on the entire city?

I grew up outside of Memphis and went there as an undergrad. So, I'll disregard the douchebag remark. It's perhaps the only city I can really identify with, even more so than Buffalo. Visiting my family in Buffalo since birth has given me strong ties to Buffalo as well, but I've spent far more time in Memphis.

Just figures, the only teams I cheer for.. the Bills, Sabres, and Tigers have now all choked in the championship. I wish I could be upset about that point, but it was the lousy freethrow shooting that did them in.

I had $100 bucks on Memphis last night minus the 1.5. I thought the game was in the bag with 2 minutes left until they int the inbound & drilled that trey. Tough way to lose. I still say if Memphis played them 10 times they would of beaten them 7 or 8 times, but what are you going to do?

I got to blame at least part of the loss on coach cal last night. I mean they come out & instead of doing what was successful all year they kept trying to run Rose of picks. That is not his game. They should of came out from the start, spread everything out & let Rose work in some open space. 2nd half they adjusted & Rose started knocking down some shots. Then, how can you not make sure your players know to fall the guy as soon as he gets to the halfcourt line. Rose was hesistant & even when he psuhed collins down he threw his hands up like to say I did not do anything. Clearly there was some kind of miscommunication there. The other thing I noticed was under the last 5 minutes it seemed like the only one that wanted to take a shot was Roberts & Rose. Where was Dozier or Anderson. Dozier got the ball in the corner with about 15 sec left & couldnt get rid of it fast enough. Clearly he did not want to be on the foul line with the game on the line. Oh well.

You guys had a good season & have nothing to be ashamed of.

Congrats to the Jayhawks on an unbelievable win! As a North Carolina grad I have a soft spot for Kansas; the two schools are closely intertwined in college basketball history -- whether it be the Phog Allen coaching tree (Dean Smith to Larry Brown to Roy Williams), UNC's triple OT win over Chamberlin's Jayhawks in 1957, or the Williams Kansas-to-UNC saga.

I truly hope Kansas fans can finally put the "we hate Roy" b.s. behind them and realize what he did for that program, as well as understand the unbelievably emotional decision he made when he returned to North Carolina. If you can't see how much Roy loves the Kansas program you're blind.

Bill Self acted with incredible class when he used the national spotlight to thank all of the previous Kansas players and coaches for creating that program.

I am still stoked that I picked the right team for 5 out 6 years, only if Illinois would have won that one year, I'd be a god at picking the champs. That said this was by far the worst year for me in picking the brackets, as I only got 119 points