NCAA Tourney discussion thread

KD in CA

Indeed, especially the non-call on the last play. A&M should get two free throws to tie the game.

Yah I saw that too. They also got away with a fairly blatant moving screen on the game winner...

I was shocked A&M didn't go for 3 though....I wouldn't have liked their chances in OT.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officiating has definitely been bad. It was in the G-Town/Davidson game as well.

I disagree. I was at the arena and did not notice any blatantly bad calls; just some typical stuff that could be called either way. The main thing is that it was consistent -- that's all we should really ask for.

I disagree. I was at the arena and did not notice any blatantly bad calls; just some typical stuff that could be called either way. The main thing is that it was consistent -- that's all we should really ask for.

I think there were some real non-calls in the final minutes, but that's just what the TV angle was telling me.

A&M was getting all sorts of calls in the first half. Funny how that evened out, and cost them the game.

Texas has got a tough one coming up against Stanford. I just dont like the matchup. I dont know how they are going to contain the Lopez brothers. I was hoping Marquette was going to beat them saturday night. Should be a good one. Looking forward to it already.

Texas has got a tough one coming up against Stanford. I just dont like the matchup. I dont know how they are going to contain the Lopez brothers. I was hoping Marquette was going to beat them saturday night. Should be a good one. Looking forward to it already.

I agree, it should be a fun one, with the two contrasting styles, and its a tough matchup for us. At the same time, I don't know how Stanford is going to contain Abrams, Augustin, and our perimeter shooting.

Somethings gotta give, right?

I agree, it should be a fun one, with the two contrasting styles, and its a tough matchup for us. At the same time, I don't know how Stanford is going to contain Abrams, Augustin, and our perimeter shooting.

I agree. The horns should be able to set the tempo with their advantage in guard play & my guess if they could knocked down there threes with the crowd behind them, they should win.

As a Stanford fan, I don't have much confidence in this game. Stanford guards are the weakest among sweet 16 teams, maybe even the weakest in the whole tourmanent. I also don't see them shooting 50% from 3 point line again to stop Texas double-team Lopez twins. Don't get me wrong, I like to see Stanford win this game, but with the game played in Houston, I just have a bad feeling.

Stanford's only chance is to keep it a half-court low-scoring game. Even donig so, there is no guarantee the win. Lopez twins carry Stanford the whole season, but the next game is really a tough one. Damn, am I worried?

As a Stanford fan, I don't have much confidence in this game. Stanford guards are the weakest among sweet 16 teams, maybe even the weakest in the whole tourmanent. I also don't see them shooting 50% from 3 point line again to stop Texas double-team Lopez twins. Don't get me wrong, I like to see Stanford win this game, but with the game played in Houston, I just have a bad feeling.

Stanford's only chance is to keep it a half-court low-scoring game. Even donig so, there is no guarantee the win. Lopez twins carry Stanford the whole season, but the next game is really a tough one. Damn, am I worried?

You should be more worried about your dumb-ass coach getting himself tossed in the first half of the game.

Meh, Marquette is like a poor man's Texas and likely would've beaten them outside of California.

Am I merely overconfident, or does Carolina -8 vs. Wazzou sound like a ridiculous line? I realize the Cougars are viewed as a strong defensive squad, but how are they going to keep up with the Heels?

Somebody bring me down, please. I shouldn't be looking forward to Saturday vs. Louisville or Tennessee already, but I am...

Am I merely overconfident, or does Carolina -8 vs. Wazzou sound like a ridiculous line? I realize the Cougars are viewed as a strong defensive squad, but how are they going to keep up with the Heels?

Somebody bring me down, please. I shouldn't be looking forward to Saturday vs. Louisville or Tennessee already, but I am...

I was gonna say -8 seems big for any Sweet 16 game, but then I looked at their schedule for the year. I didn't realize how many UNC games were total blowouts this year. They only had 6 games were they won by 8 or less (or lost outright). Yikes. Maybe I shouldn't have picked UCLA to win it all.

I was gonna say -8 seems big for any Sweet 16 game, but then I looked at their schedule for the year. I didn't realize how many UNC games were total blowouts this year. They only had 6 games were they won by 8 or less (or lost outright). Yikes. Maybe I shouldn't have picked UCLA to win it all.

More impressive is the fact that they only lost one "tight" game (to Maryland). In all others, they made the plays at the end to win the game, whether by hitting a big shot or getting a big stop.

Honestly, the Heels should be kicking themselves for not being undefeated at this point. It was unfortunate Lawson got hurt right before the first Dook game, because Quentin Thomas needed some time to get his confidence.

I was surprised Nova was a bigger favorite than G'town in the last round. As usual, Vegas knows best.

I can't pretend to have watched a lot of Wash. St. this year, though I did pick them over Notre Dame on the basis of being a very solid road team this year. Won @Gonzaga, @Baylor, @Wash, @USC, @ASU , @Oregon, @Cal....Stanford & UCLA losses were 7 points each.

As for how they run with UNC, the idea is to not do that. Should be an interesting 'tempo' game.

I was surprised Nova was a bigger favorite than G'town in the last round. As usual, Vegas knows best.

I can't pretend to have watched a lot of Wash. St. this year, though I did pick them over Notre Dame on the basis of being a very solid road team this year. Won @Gonzaga, @Baylor, @Wash, @USC, @ASU , @Oregon, @Cal....Stanford & UCLA losses were 7 points each.

As for how they run with UNC, the idea is to not do that. Should be an interesting 'tempo' game.

They'll need to get ahead early to dictate tempo...that's the only way teams have slowed the Heels down this year. If Carolina is up by 5 or more by the 2nd TV timeout, I think it will get ugly. From what I've read, Wazzou goes into some major scoring slumps during the course of games -- that will absolutely kill them in this one.

They'll need to get ahead early to dictate tempo...that's the only way teams have slowed the Heels down this year. If Carolina is up by 5 or more by the 2nd TV timeout, I think it will get ugly. From what I've read, Wazzou goes into some major scoring slumps during the course of games -- that will absolutely kill them in this one.

Ive watched alot of Pac 10 games this year(they always have a double header on fox sports net on thursday nights) & with that being said it is critical for Wazzou to get an early lead. That will let them "ugly the game up" & play there tempo, possibly forcing UNC into some bad shots. With that being said, I do not see how Wash St is going to keep up with the heels in what should be a home court advantage. They just dont have enough fire power.