NCAA Tourney discussion thread

KD in CA

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was clearly (or so I thought) the gist of my post.

If so then I apologize; I'm definitely sensitive to what I believe are unfounded criticisms of Carolina teams (and coaches) because they "have all the talent." Nobody remembers late season-ending injuries to players like Phil Ford and Kenny Smith that likely robbed Dean Smith of two more legitimate title chances.

My measure of successful coaching is whether or not a team reaches its potential. I don't believe you can ever "expect" a team to win the title, however getting to a Final Four signifies you've reached the pinnacle of the sport. Very few Carolina teams have failed to reach their potential, and a good number have arguably over-achieved throughout the years.

I am biased as !@#$, but I think Rick Barnes is a better coach than Mack Brown, and easily one of the top 5 coaches in the country.

Barnes is a good coach, but I still remember how he got his panties in such a wad back in his ACC days at Clemson when he went toe-to-toe with Dean Smith. For Carolina fans it was humorous; we were convinced he left the ACC because he just got fed up consistently losing to the Heels. :nana:

What a stinker that my team just put up. Good god, they couldn't hit a FG for the life of them until 3 mins left, and Memphis hit everything that they put up.

It was an ugly game, period. When UT opened the 2nd half with the 6-0 run to make it a 5-pt game I had hope, but then it was brutal.

What a stinker that my team just put up. Good god, they couldn't hit a FG for the life of them until 3 mins left,

Maybe they should have tried a few more off-balance 20' runners.......

What an awful 4 days of basketball.

Not to mention that the first two rounds were so horribly overofficiated it was almost unwatchable at times. Outside of a 1 hour stretch last Sunday afternoon this has been one of the most unsatisfying tournaments of all time.

I hope so. Just so I can see Steph Curry play again.

Right there's the one consistent bright spot in this entire tournament. :nana:

I hope so. Just so I can see Steph Curry play again.

Curry reminds me of Wally Szczerbiak when he was dominating the tourney with a small school 10 seed (Maimi of Ohio)

EDIT just as i entered that in, Curry drained a long range 3

That's a shame. Good D by Kansas on the last possession to force Curry to give it up; looked like Davidson was determined to take a 3.

And determined to have Curry take the last shot. Even if they wanted the 3, they should have put 5 shooters on the floor. Everyone but Curry would have been wide open. Also, should have taken the 3 earlier to allow for an offensive board.

I'm sure Bill Self told his team "Let ANYONE but Curry shoot the ball."

Maybe they should have tried a few more off-balance 20' runners.......

Hell, they do that every game, and they make about half of em. Today, they kept throwing up bricks. Even when they got open looks, they missed the shot.

It was awful. They had a hard time dealing with Memphis' size, and Memphis was on fire offensively.

Without a doubt, it was the worst I've seen the perform all season. They made lots of mistakes and had lots of turnovers, something that was completely uncharacteristic for this team. They looked lost out there.

Looked like a middle school basketball team vs a high school basketball team.