Official LOST thread

ofiba

Ben was always the key to getting back to the island. If Ben is gone, then the island is gone for good.

:thumbsup:

Then... why would Jack tell Kate that they have to go back, if there's no way to get back if Ben's the only one who knows where it is? Logically, that doesn't make sense.

I think it may be one of the Dharma/Widmore group that had a hand in rescuing the O6. Possibly Frank, who was supposed to be flying 815 and therefore had some connection with Los Angeles as the blurry article said. Highly doubtful it's one of the other Lostaways making it back covertly, one of the O6, or Ben. Or could it have some connection to the black lady that Miles visited to get rid of the ghost (the camera paused on the picture of the guy for too long not to mean something)?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

Then... why would Jack tell Kate that they have to go back, if there's no way to get back if Ben's the only one who knows where it is? Logically, that doesn't make sense.

I think it may be one of the Dharma/Widmore group that had a hand in rescuing the O6. Possibly Frank, who was supposed to be flying 815 and therefore had some connection with Los Angeles as the blurry article said. Highly doubtful it's one of the other Lostaways making it back covertly, one of the O6, or Ben. Or could it have some connection to the black lady that Miles visited to get rid of the ghost (the camera paused on the picture of the guy for too long not to mean something)?

I think it has to do with the black lady. The casket was small. I think it was that lady's kid. They've got 2 and half seasons to tie all that together.

Well, i finally got caught up on last thursday's episode. I like a lot of thoughts posted above, and heres my 2 cents. I think Jin is dead. To me, sun seemed ot genuinely miss him and accept the fact that he's not coming back. If there was a chance she could get back to the island to either rescue him or go back to live with him, i dont think she would have been as upset.

I dont think Michael will get killed next week. They just brought him back, and it would be too cheesy to have him explain what happened and then die. The real question si what happened to Walt. Michael would do anything to ensure Walt's safety, including go back and work as a spy for ben.

Also, here's an interesting aside i picked up with Jin and Sun. I know they are Korean, but the korean (and most asian zodiac) are based off of the Chinese zodiac. Based off the gravestone, Jin and Sun were born 6 years apart, and in the chinese calendar cycle of the 12 animals, the animal opposite yours (6 years apart) is supposed to be the type of person you are least compatible with.

Thank you for that.

1) Lock and Rose were healed when they arrived on the island. This is because the only “copy” of them now exists in 1988 when both of them were perfectly healthy.

2) When Naomi crashed on the island she had a phone/communication device that Sayid mentioned was slightly more advanced than anything he had seen. This is because Sayid crashed in 2004. Though he’d only spent what seemed like 90 days on the island, it was probably 2007 or so in reality when Naomi crashed onto the island.

3) Women cannot conceive on the island but they can give birth to babies conceived before they arrived. This is because a child conceived on the island is conceived in the year 1988. This child does not exist in the true reality. The termination of the pregnancy is part of the universe’s course correction (we will address course correction in detail shortly).

all things i think he is right about.

Here's an interesting Lost theory. I don't agree with everything, but there are some good thoughts on it. A bit long, but well worth it for Lost fans....

IMO, there are several elements of the theory that have merit. However, WRT the "1988 copy" & Locke & Rose being healthy, I see a flaw (along w/ the 1988 copy conception thing). Why doesn't everybody all revert back to their 1988 copies completely? i.e. I assume Claire is in her (early) 20s. Why doesn't she revert to being like 10? How can you explain Walt's existence at all? (Then again, maybe he's "special " cuz he's younger than 16, or maybe since he's "special" he's an/the exception.)

Than again, thinking of Claire, Boone & Leslie Bibb (forget her name) were likely young & they died. Maybe Claire is destined to as it is necessary for the universe to "correct" which means all not alive in '88 must not exist.

1) Lock and Rose were healed when they arrived on the island. This is because the only “copy†of them now exists in 1988 when both of them were perfectly healthy.

3) Women cannot conceive on the island but they can give birth to babies conceived before they arrived. This is because a child conceived on the island is conceived in the year 1988. This child does not exist in the true reality. The termination of the pregnancy is part of the universe’s course correction (we will address course correction in detail shortly).

Point 3 is incorrect. Women can conceive on the island, just as Juliet says, they all (9) die during the second trimester. Sun conceived on the island, got back to the mainland and had her baby. It seems to be some specific point of development that the island's properties attack in fetuses.

I'm also uncomfortable accepting the theory of the 'copies.' Logically, it could go that the people onboard 815 all time-traveled to 1988 as their 2004 self (likewise, Desmond time-traveled forward and required the 'constant' to delineate/separate the altering realities). Then, Ben staged the 815 crash, complete with the ring-less pilot. Locke (and perhaps Rose --- we don't know for a fact she is healed, which Bernard was quick to point out last week) was healed by some force existent on the island (Jacob?) and Ben, who'd enjoyed health all those years in the island's semi-static time zone, got cancer.

Very interesting stuff otherwise.

IMO, there are several elements of the theory that have merit. However, WRT the "1988 copy" & Locke & Rose being healthy, I see a flaw (along w/ the 1988 copy conception thing). Why doesn't everybody all revert back to their 1988 copies completely? i.e. I assume Claire is in her (early) 20s. Why doesn't she revert to being like 10? How can you explain Walt's existence at all? (Then again, maybe he's "special " cuz he's younger than 16, or maybe since he's "special" he's an/the exception.)

Than again, thinking of Claire, Boone & Leslie Bibb (forget her name) were likely young & they died. Maybe Claire is destined to as it is necessary for the universe to "correct" which means all not alive in '88 must not exist.

I believe he was using 1988 as an example, it could be any previous year according to his theory.

Still doesn't explain anything about the piece of that huge statue that was a foot with 4 toes. And that my friends, is the key to everything...

Again this is just someone's opinion that I found very interesting. I do not know if all or any of it is accurate, but there are some very interesting idea's. I do like the copy theory as that is a better explanation for the airplane crash site other than some of the weaker "plant" by the sinister dude theories' that I have heard.

I had a question...

If the helicopter pilot, frank, knew the pilot of 815, why didnt he ask the survivors if the pilot was ok or not?

Maybe he asked Jack when they were peeing in the bushes together during a commercial.

6) The Other known as Richard doesn’t appear to age. He is also known to have left island at some point(s). I’m not sure exactly how this would tie in, but it could be a clue to his state.

This one doesn't add up for me either. Why does Richard not appear to age, but Ben did age? Remember Ben was a teenage kid when his Dad dragged him to the island.

Maybe he asked Jack when they were peeing in the bushes together during a commercial.

Yeah, likely would've happened off-screen.

Frank asking what happened, then getting an answer we already know (That answer being a big :P ) isn't the kind of streamlining the Lost writers go for unless it's necessary, and it ain't, b/c we aren't to that point in the story... yet. As I wrote in the pre-TSW-crash thread, I'm sure there's something coming with the pilot in a Frank flashback, as Greg what's-his-name-now-on-"Heros" is scheduled to appear this season.

Yeah, likely would've happened off-screen.

Frank asking what happened, then getting an answer we already know (That answer being a big :P ) isn't the kind of streamlining the Lost writers go for unless it's necessary, and it ain't, b/c we aren't to that point in the story... yet. As I wrote in the pre-TSW-crash thread, I'm sure there's something coming with the pilot in a Frank flashback, as Greg what's-his-name-now-on-"Heros" is scheduled to appear this season.

He's already appeared. In the picture of the pilot when they found the crash.

Just throwing this out there. When Daniel is home watching the news cast of the crash, is he crying because he knows that this is the sign that he goes to the past or future, dont know which it is, to meet his death?

Yet how are the writers going to describe Walt being older if he has to reappear? As if you kill off Michael you can kill off having to bring back Walt as he can tell Sayid what transpired after he left the island and use some excuse like I don't want my son to ever have to relive what happened or any connections back to the island etc. I think part of the reason he originally Michael wasn't coming back was money if not mistaken. By giving him a token episode then can be done with him. That said it probably too obvious so it could be someone unexpected or less needed such as Rose or Bernard since they don't focus on them too often and considered lesser characters. Also not sure someone like Danielle or Alex or Karl could be offed without major uproar.

Not that I brag too often but I called it. Tonight's night felt a bit of a filler. Though we did learn some things of what happened to Michael upon returning to the real world. Though Tom/Zeke/Friendly whatever you want to use being alive was a surprise though him telling Michael that the island won't let him die is telling. Yet I wonder did the island allow Tom to live too as let's not forget he is supposed to be dead or was the flashback prior to his own death? Of course the question is who offed Karl and Danielle, Daniel etc seems the obvious choice yet wouldn't be shocked if Ben himself did it. The trailers for the restart appears to also confirm my earlier theory about bloodshed causing Claire to give up Aaron.

Not that I brag too often but I called it. Tonight's night felt a bit of a filler. Though we did learn some things of what happened to Michael upon returning to the real world. Though Tom/Zeke/Friendly whatever you want to use being alive was a surprise though him telling Michael that the island won't let him die is telling. Yet I wonder did the island allow Tom to live too as let's not forget he is supposed to be dead or was the flashback prior to his own death? Of course the question is who offed Karl and Danielle, Daniel etc seems the obvious choice yet wouldn't be shocked if Ben himself did it. The trailers for the restart appears to also confirm my earlier theory about bloodshed causing Claire to give up Aaron.

The Tom backflash's happened BEFORE the season 3 finale when Sawyer offed him.

I'm not sure I would call this episode filler -- even though literally it did fill in the gaps of Michael's story. There was a ton of new and important information to be gleaned. Including stuff about the island's powers, Ben's reach, and who killed Danielle and Karl. You can see the shooter in one of the frames.

I thought this episode was great, they revealed so much, it kills me that we have no idea whos shooting karl and the russian lady, i think again the time frame is off and its the frieghter people, and why would sayid turn micheal in like that?

I thought this episode was great, they revealed so much, it kills me that we have no idea whos shooting karl and the russian lady, i think again the time frame is off and its the frieghter people, and why would sayid turn micheal in like that?

Cause as far as he knows, Ben is the enemy clear as day. Micheal ratted the losties out and turned traitor. If he believes the captian(contrary to note he got) , Micheal needs to be outed as a traitor and a lier!!

Remember, sayid is not privy to all the flash forwards/flashbacks that we are!!

Also, in the Sayid falsh forward episode, at the end, didn't Ben say something like think with your gun this time or something to that effect.

okay tis taken from another board

Sayid turning in Michael was Sayid "thinking with his heart instead of his gun". I am sure this is the incident that Ben was talking about when he was stiching up Sayid in the future.

Nice thanks you hit on the head imo with ben and sayid. Does Micheal die now on the boat and i dont think Dannielle is dead, what i find creepy is what if bens people (the others) did the shooting and killed everyone but alex, 5 min after it showed us ben saying i never kill anyone thats innocent?

Guest dog14787
Nice thanks you hit on the head imo with ben and sayid. Does Micheal die now on the boat and i dont think Dannielle is dead, what i find creepy is what if bens people (the others) did the shooting and killed everyone but alex, 5 min after it showed us ben saying i never kill anyone thats innocent?

I see you don't have you avatar yet, I posted this where you asked, but will copy here in case you miss it.

Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

From My Controls on the left side of the page go down to heading Personal Profile

Under this heading click on Edit Avatar settings

From this page you can upload your own avatar by clicking on the browse or pick one from the gallery.

Let me know if you still have problems after this.

I see you don't have you avatar yet, I posted this where you asked, but will copy here in case you miss it.

Click on My Controls at the top of the page.

From My Controls on the left side of the page go down to heading Personal Profile

Under this heading click on Edit Avatar settings

From this page you can upload your own avatar by clicking on the browse or pick one from the gallery.

Let me know if you still have problems after this.

Thanks man it worked i owe you a beer, i just have hammer man for now ill upload my own later thanx

Yes...yes she is.

And about Tom/Zeke being gay?!?!? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but still..WTF?!?

I was surprised by that as well, but think back to last season when he clearly said to Kate"trust me, you are not my type". So much I miss in this show, they give you all the clues you need, I just too dumb to figure them out

Just thought of something, Micheals mom that he was talking to for like 5 minutes is that the same lady that hired Miles to get the ghost out of the room, if so is Walt the ghost stuck in another world?

And i remember back in a past episode ben and sayid talked privatly, what if turning over micheal was bens plan.

Guest dog14787
Thanks man it worked i owe you a beer, i just have hammer man for now ill upload my own later thanx

glad I could help :thumbsup:

i got called a perv last season when i said Alex was the hottest female on the show. but i still think so.

i would put money on Ben's people doing the shooting. it makes perfect sense. he got rid of the 2 people that took Alex away from him AND saved her life as well.

Ben and Locke are my favorite characters on this show. I'm cheering for them.

I was surprised by that as well, but think back to last season when he clearly said to Kate "trust me, you are not my type". So much I miss in this show, they give you all the clues you need, I just too dumb to figure them out

Several people, including myself, surmised that at the time... just the way he said that.

He was holding a gernade in his had when it went off but we never saw the body.

I believe Lindelof/Cuse confirmed that Mikhail died from the grenade blast. Likely that he will appear in flashbacks.

Just thought of something, Micheals mom that he was talking to for like 5 minutes is that the same lady that hired Miles to get the ghost out of the room, if so is Walt the ghost stuck in another world?

And i remember back in a past episode ben and sayid talked privatly, what if turning over micheal was bens plan.

That's something I was wondering about too. I don't have the means/time to compare the two ladies or look at the picture of the boy. Bear in mind, just b/c Frank's, Daniel's and the other woman's were flashbacks... are we sure that Miles' flash was a flashback, or could it have been a flashforward? I forget.

And guys, WRT Danielle and Karl... remember what Ben said to Michael yesterday. Ben doesn't kill innocent people (ala how Michael killed AL and Libby); in a literal way, he's right. Ben has other people do his killing for him.

Tgreg, I don't think the pilot that we saw was played by Greg -?- now on Heros. As was shown last night, it was just a body dug up in a graveyard. But we've also got a question of who staged the 815 plane: Ben or Widmore? Ben has the file with receipts, etc., but it all seems too wrapped up in a bow.