Official LOST thread

ofiba

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like SDS was trying to get the the island and this board is suffering "side effects". Can't wait for the ep tonight!

Still re-reading Phillip Dick's "VALIS" and came upon some interesting excerpts VERY applicable to LOST:

"Listen!" Kevin said. "You know about what Eliade says about the dream time of the Australian bushmen? He says that anthropologists are wrong in assuming that the dream-time is time in the past. Eliade says that it's another kind of time going on right now, which the bushmen break through and into, the age of the heroes and their deeds. Wait: I'll read you the part." An interval of silence. "F@ck," Kevin then said. "I can't find it. But the way they prepare for it is to undergo dreadful pain; it's their ritual of initiation.

also about the "Constant"

Prior to that, during the interval in which he had experienced the two-world superimposition, he had seen not only California USA, of the year 1974 but also ancient Rome, he had discerned within the superimposition a Gestalt shared by both space-time continua, their common element: a Black Iron Prison, he had recognized it. Everyone dwelt in it without realizing it. The Black Iron Prison was their world.

Who had built the prison - and why- he could not say. But he could discern one good thing: the prison lay under attack. An organization of Christians, not regular Christians such as those who attended church every Sunday and prayed, but secret early Christians wearing light grey-colored robes, had started an assault on the prison, and with success. The secret, early Christians were filled with Joy.

Fat, in his madness, understood the reason for their joy. This time the early, secret, gray-robed Christians would get the prison, rather than the other way around. The deeds of the heroes, in the sacred dream-time . . . the only time, according to the bushmen, that was real.

Once, in a cheap science fiction novel, Fat had come across a perfect description of the Black Iron Prison but set in the far future. So if you superimposed the past (ancient Rome) over the present (California in the twentieth century) and superimposed the far future world of The Android Cried me a River over that, you got the Empire, the Black Iron Prison, as the supra- or trans-temporal constant. Everyone who had ever lived was literally surrounded by the iron walls of the prison; they were all inside it and none of them knew it - except for the gray-robed secret Christians.

It goes on - is the "Black Iron Prison" the island and are the "grey-robed Christians" Dharma and/or the Widmore boat? Also, the character Fat is in a mental hospital - i.e. Hurley?

Remember, this is the book that was on Ben's book shelf and read many times.

Hi guys! So I heard about this new show about plane crash survivors on an island somewhere in the Pacific. The previews look kinda cool, though I have a feeling it's going to be boring, predictable, and not likely to inspire much discussion here on the board.

Hi guys! So I heard about this new show about plane crash survivors on an island somewhere in the Pacific. The previews look kinda cool, though I have a feeling it's going to be boring, predictable, and not likely to inspire much discussion here on the board.

Totally, especially since it's produced by that AJ Abraham guy who did that show Felicity and the one with the spy chick. I hear he wants to direct the pilot too ... I'll pass.

Totally, especially since it's produced by that AJ Abraham guy who did that show Felicity and the one with the spy chick. I hear he wants to direct the pilot too ... I'll pass.

If we ever did get unstuck in time, we could use the Bills losing in heartbreaking fashion as our constant.

Wow. I'm blown away by that episode. The Michael thing, I think, we all saw coming for a long time now, so I'm not too surprised by that.

1) After Jin and Sun's dramatic reconciliation, wtf is up with that flash-forward? Why would Jin fake his death and then immediately get married? And to whom? He said he worked for Paik Automotive- is that Sun's father's company? I can't remember. They are both back in Seoul, so maybe to avoid any trouble with Sun's father, Jin agreed to fake his own death in order to let Sun and the baby live in peace. But then how did he fake his death convincingly enough to fool Sun and Hurley and still get off the island? Questions galore, there.

2) Was it just me, or did Desmond not seemed as shocked as he should've after learning about Charles Widmore. Anyway, the big question there is: what does that black box say?

3) So, according to Widmore and the boat crew, Ben was behind the fake Oceanic 815 crash. Are they to be believed? It would make sense, but where did the bodies come from, and the plane, and the money? More mystery for Ben.

4) Is Michael the "friend" on the boat? Or is he working solely for Ben? If so, then who is the "friend"?

5)What was the significance of the lady that drowned herself reading the book upside down?

6) Who dies next week?! I'm betting Michael.

Great episode. Just, wow.

Wow. I'm blown away by that episode. The Michael thing, I think, we all saw coming for a long time now, so I'm not too surprised by that.

1) After Jin and Sun's dramatic reconciliation, wtf is up with that flash-forward? Why would Jin fake his death and then immediately get married? And to whom? He said he worked for Paik Automotive- is that Sun's father's company? I can't remember. They are both back in Seoul, os maybe to avoid any trouble with Sun's father, Jin agreed to fake his own death in order to let Sun and the baby live in peace. But then how did he fake his death convincingly enough to fool Sun and Hurley and still get off the island? Questions galore, there.

Dude. Jin is dead.

All the Jin scenes were flashBACKS and the Sun ones were flashFORWARDS.

1) After Jin and Sun's dramatic reconciliation, wtf is up with that flash-forward? Why would Jin fake his death and then immediately get married? And to whom? He said he worked for Paik Automotive- is that Sun's father's company? I can't remember. They are both back in Seoul, os maybe to avoid any trouble with Sun's father, Jin agreed to fake his own death in order to let Sun and the baby live in peace. But then how did he fake his death convincingly enough to fool Sun and Hurley and still get off the island? Questions galore, there.

Jin was a flashback. Did you see the gigantic cell phone he was using?

Jin was a flashback. Did you see the gigantic cell phone he was using?

That's the second time they've used cell phones to hint about the time period.

The first time was when Jack was using the Krazr in the first flash forward.

That's the second time they've used cell phones to hint about the time period.

The first time was when Jack was using the Krazr in the first flash forward.

You never know, BostonCollegeBillsFan might be right. Maybe Jin just hasn't upgraded his service plan since he got off the island.

You never know, BostonCollegeBillsFan might be right. Maybe Jin just hasn't upgraded his service plan since he got off the island.

I was waiting the whole episode to find out why Jin thought his daughter needed a Panda.