Official LOST thread

ofiba

Not so sure that Locke's demise hasn't already been cast. Locke was shot by Ben and left for dead on the island. It was likely the island that brought Locke back and may be the only thing keeping him alive.

Ben's "murdering" of Locke may have only been to ensure that Locke never leaves the island alive.

I was also wondering if the full flight manifest has been published at some point by the producers? Is it possible that Jeremy Bentham is on that list? Just wondering...

There were 324 passengers on that flight and I do not believe the full manifest has ever been shown on the show, but it's possible that Jeremy Bentham could have been one of the passengers.

Jack talked about how Locke visited him and Kate implied that he visited as well, so I don't think Locke is dead just because he is off the island. Or at least he did not die as soon as he left the island.

I think it's interesting that the island kept Michael alive even when away from the island, but not Locke. One scenario could be that Locke (or Ben) used that paralyzing drug from the Medusa spiders to give the appearance that Locke is dead, the same spider that bit Nikki and Paulo before they ended up being buried alive. This may all be a ruse to get everyone back to the island. Just a guess, but who knows...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 324 passengers on that flight and I do not believe the full manifest has ever been shown on the show, but it's possible that Jeremy Bentham could have been one of the passengers.

Jack talked about how Locke visited him and Kate implied that he visited as well, so I don't think Locke is dead just because he is off the island. Or at least he did not die as soon as he left the island.

I think it's interesting that the island kept Michael alive even when away from the island, but not Locke. One scenario could be that Locke (or Ben) used that paralyzing drug from the Medusa spiders to give the appearance that Locke is dead, the same spider that bit Nikki and Paulo before they ended up being buried alive. This may all be a ruse to get everyone back to the island. Just a guess, but who knows...

if he wasn't dead before they embalmed him, I'm sure he is now.

I was wondering about one of the "easter egg" web sites. I haven't really checked them out and don't have the addresses.

I was wondering about one of the "easter egg" web sites. I haven't really checked them out and don't have the addresses.

Yeah, I try to stay away from those as sometimes they are more confusing than anything. One thing I did find online was about Kate's dream. She receives a phone call in which you cannot understand what is being said, but leave it to tue LOST guru's to play it backwards. When played backwards you hear

“The Island needs you. You have to go back before it’s too late.” This would seem to contradict what Claire said about not wanting Aaron to go back to the island in the dream.

That was pretty interesting.

Another thing that I forgot about and erased the episode before I had a chance to go back and check is, when Syid asked the man in the car the time, did he start to say 8:15 before he was shot? That would be pretty clever.

Not so sure that Locke's demise hasn't already been cast. Locke was shot by Ben and left for dead on the island. It was likely the island that brought Locke back and may be the only thing keeping him alive.

Ben's "murdering" of Locke may have only been to ensure that Locke never leaves the island alive.

I was also wondering if the full flight manifest has been published at some point by the producers? Is it possible that Jeremy Bentham is on that list? Just wondering...

I don't think Ben shooting Locke in the pit has anything to do with "Jeremy Bentham"'s death. Locke recovered from that in short order due to the island's healing powers/universe 'course correcting.' Even Ben said he should have known better that it wouldn't have killed Locke. I'm not sold that all of this healing that has been done magically goes away once they leave the island, as Rose has intimated. Being on the island can heal wounds/conditions that they had previously or that they experienced on the island. It's some property that hasn't been explained. But note that the Others have likely been the source for people off the island getting miraculously cured --- Juliet's sister, Locke as a newborn recovering from severe infection, just off the top of my head (this may also include Claire's mother who we now know woke from her coma sometime after the crash)... as well as Dharma/Other representatives being present at the time of death or critical junctures.

Locke's death seems to coincide with the Sayid flashforward storyline where people are after Ben and the Others and questioning the Oceanic 6. The spy girl that Sayid shot worked for someone that he was trying to assassinate (Widmore, whom we've previously seen beating up on someone from Ben's archive). I would guess that this same person got Locke, as he was trying to recruit the Oceanic 6 and Walt to come back three years after they left (note that Locke/JB had time to visit with all of them off the island and he did not die). This probably conflicted with someone's plans and they killed him.

I think this is very possible as well.

I think Ben killed Locke. Ben, like Whidmore, now is searching for the island to get back. He will do whatever it takes to get there. As a sidenote, we truly do not know what Whidmores intentions for the island are. The only thing we know about Whidmore's intentions are what Ben told us.

Sun is out for revenge and wants Ben dead. I say she wants Ben dead because Locke may have visited her like he did with Jack and Kate and told her how the boat exploded.

Sayid promised Hurley he would not take him back to the island and Ben said they all need to go back to the island. Are they now working against each other or is Sayid lying to Hurley?

Last note, anyone else find it odd how in the battle of science vs faith that Christian (a former man of science) keeps revealing himself to people and delivering messages?

Sun is out for revenge and wants Ben dead. I say she wants Ben dead because Locke may have visited her like he did with Jack and Kate and told her how the boat exploded.

Last note, anyone else find it odd how in the battle of science vs faith that Christian (a former man of science) keeps revealing himself to people and delivering messages?

Oooo. That's probably what she meant when she said to her father that two people killed Jin. Locke probably told her how flippant Ben was when he knew that killing Keamy would kill everyone on the boat.

Christian is an odd character in this regard and I'd think twice before pinning him to science. Remember in totality in his flashbacks... when Jack was young, after a surgery where a boy died, he said 'How can I... blah blah/move on with his life like nothing happened. How can I do that?!?' Well, one part was with alcohol, for sure. But at the same time, he was moving on the same way Locke --- the Man of Faith --- moved right on after Boone died at his behest, among other things in his search for Signs from the Island.

I would contrast Christian's drinking as relief/comfort from his plight (per the bar scene with Sawyer, he's a fun drunk even tho he's a kind of bad father :rolleyes: ) with Widmore's expensive highbrow cold-hearted You're-Not-Worthy McClutcheon.

I just got the new issue of TV Guide. Harold Perrineau is super PO'd that they brought Michael back to kill him on the boat.

Mehh. He really tempers anything in those comments here.

Yeah, I try to stay away from those as sometimes they are more confusing than anything. One thing I did find online was about Kate's dream. She receives a phone call in which you cannot understand what is being said, but leave it to tue LOST guru's to play it backwards. When played backwards you hear

“The Island needs you. You have to go back before it’s too late.” This would seem to contradict what Claire said about not wanting Aaron to go back to the island in the dream.

That was pretty interesting.

Another thing that I forgot about and erased the episode before I had a chance to go back and check is, when Syid asked the man in the car the time, did he start to say 8:15 before he was shot? That would be pretty clever.

I rewatched that episode, and the man in the car did say 8:15. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Lindelof and Cuse released a few small foreshadows of some things at Comic Con. There's also a video they played featuring Marvin Candle. Just some little tidbits to tide us over until January.

Link.

So, it appears evident to me that it's Faraday's voice on the tape (my only question is whether I hear Desmond's as well. I think so). They have gone back in time to the 70s and apparently informed Candle --- tho he gives his real name, finally --- of what has happened in the future. Reading over my last post above about Jack's father.... I just wonder. Could he have been a previous Dharma volunteer (say, along with Claire's mother? Hmmm?!?!) who knows the future b/c Des and Faraday went back in time and told them? That would be a pretty good explanation of why he doesn't let things like a child dying on the operating table personally, is seriously depressed/disillusioned, drinks like a fish, he doesn't care, because nothing he does matters in the grand scheme --- he knows he's going to be back on the island c. 2004, somehow, someway. He just has to go through the motions of his life until he gets there. What an awesome character to be playing! Tgreg, you're a lucky man to be working with these people.

The show was also nominated for an Emmy in the Best Drama category last week. Certainly deserves it; the Desmond-centric Constant episode has been called by quite a few people the best hour of television last season. I was watching the presser where they announced them and I don't watch 90 percent of the shows that appeared (I'm still trying to see where "Pushing Daisies" is going). Network TeeVee is on life support right now.

For all their genius, those Dharma people have some sh------- A/V equipment. I have yet to see a video that didn't cut out.

Well, it is supposed to be equipment from the '70s... and also there may be magnetic interference issues on the island. <shrug>

But it sure does make it easier for them to leave some gaps to fill in a little later. People who can't take the suspense by now probably don't watch the show.

Well, it is supposed to be equipment from the '70s... and also there may be magnetic interference issues on the island. <shrug>

But it sure does make it easier for them to leave some gaps to fill in a little later. People who can't take the suspense by now probably don't watch the show.

I understand. The Commodore 64s with tape drives work fine but the AV equipment cuts out all the time. Just having fun.

Lindelof and Cuse released a few small foreshadows of some things at Comic Con. There's also a video they played featuring Marvin Candle. Just some little tidbits to tide us over until January.

Link.

So, it appears evident to me that it's Faraday's voice on the tape (my only question is whether I hear Desmond's as well. I think so). They have gone back in time to the 70s and apparently informed Candle --- tho he gives his real name, finally --- of what has happened in the future. Reading over my last post above about Jack's father.... I just wonder. Could he have been a previous Dharma volunteer (say, along with Claire's mother? Hmmm?!?!) who knows the future b/c Des and Faraday went back in time and told them? That would be a pretty good explanation of why he doesn't let things like a child dying on the operating table personally, is seriously depressed/disillusioned, drinks like a fish, he doesn't care, because nothing he does matters in the grand scheme --- he knows he's going to be back on the island c. 2004, somehow, someway. He just has to go through the motions of his life until he gets there. What an awesome character to be playing! Tgreg, you're a lucky man to be working with these people.

The show was also nominated for an Emmy in the Best Drama category last week. Certainly deserves it; the Desmond-centric Constant episode has been called by quite a few people the best hour of television last season. I was watching the presser where they announced them and I don't watch 90 percent of the shows that appeared (I'm still trying to see where "Pushing Daisies" is going). Network TeeVee is on life support right now.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm pretty certain those weren't the voices of Faraday or Desmond.

Reading over my last post above about Jack's father.... I just wonder. Could he have been a previous Dharma volunteer (say, along with Claire's mother? Hmmm?!?!) who knows the future b/c Des and Faraday went back in time and told them? That would be a pretty good explanation of why he doesn't let things like a child dying on the operating table personally, is seriously depressed/disillusioned, drinks like a fish, he doesn't care, because nothing he does matters in the grand scheme --- he knows he's going to be back on the island c. 2004, somehow, someway. He just has to go through the motions of his life until he gets there. What an awesome character to be playing! Tgreg, you're a lucky man to be working with these people.

ever read Vonnegut's Timequake? sorta the same thing... sorta