After the mess O'le Whitey left here,

San-O

After the 2005 season and the departure of Teflon Tom, think the Bills went 5 - 11 after five

years of the TD regime, I think a solid team going 9 - 7 this season could be a real step towards

getting this team back to stiking distance of the playoffs for the 2008 season.

Hopefully the O-line we be at least average.

Hopefully the D-line will be at least average.

Special teams hold their own.

Depending on what happens in two weeks, the Bills may be in position to

have a stable roster and draft for those couple players that can put you

over the top.

This team will probably me among the youngest in the NFL again this year.

:lol:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 2005 season and the departure of Teflon Tom, think the Bills went 5 - 11 after five

years of the TD regime, I think a solid team going 9 - 7 this season could be a real step towards

over the top.

:lol:

The Bills will make a step forward even at 8-8 with the tough schedule this year.

The O-line was average at the end of last year. Sould be MUCH better this year. The D-line should be improved this year, as should the Linebackers. The special teams were Great last year, should be the same thisyear. The entire team has a year in the system so everyone should be better. <_<

Man I hope we improve this year. Our team is young and I'm banking on that improvement to help us address a lot of the evident voids we have. Imagine what the experts would be left saying if McCargo and Youboty wind up playing well this year, I'd love it. Right now we're banking on McCargo, Youboty, Ellison and our two young safeties to step up big. That's asking a lot.

Just like Butler, Donahoe's last draft is looking like a disaster:

1-No pick

2-Roscoe Parrish

3-Kevin Everett

4-Duke Preston

5-Eric King

6-Justin Geisinger

7-Lionel Gates

King, Geisinger & Gates are already gone. Parrish is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th receiver and return guy. Everett has done nothing and is in danger of getting cut. Preston started last year but has already been mentioned (along with Everett) as a guy who is in a make or break year and he faces stiff competition at RG since 3 guys (Walker, Pennington & Butler-all Marv picks)are in the right tackle/guard mix and all might be ahead of Preston in spite of his place on the current depth chart. My guess is one of the losers of the 3 tackles ends up at RG. The possible mix being RT Pennington, RG Walker; RT Walker RG Butler or Pennington. I wouldn't be shocked if Merz beats Preston out for the last OL spot. Both play G/C.

The Bills will make a step forward even at 8-8 with the tough schedule this year.

The O-line was average at the end of last year. Sould be MUCH better this year. The D-line should be improved this year, as should the Linebackers. The special teams were Great last year, should be the same thisyear. The entire team has a year in the system so everyone should be better. :thumbsup:

Why exactly should the LBs be better this year?

1-No pick

2-Roscoe Parrish

3-Kevin Everett

4-Duke Preston

5-Eric King

6-Justin Geisinger

7-Lionel Gates

The 2005 draft was very, very weak though. I give TD credit for foreseeing that and trading away the pick for JP. Take a look, not much doing this draft. The one that jumps out at me is Frank Gore in the 3rd round- we took Roscoe instead. Should of, could of, would of

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2005

In fact, looking back how high would you rate JP? Top 10 at least IMO, probably higher

The 2005 draft was very, very weak though. I give TD credit for foreseeing that and trading away the pick for JP. Take a look, not much doing this draft. The one that jumps out at me is Frank Gore in the 3rd round- we took Roscoe instead. Should of, could of, would of

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2005

In fact, looking back how high would you rate JP? Top 10 at least IMO, probably higher

I give TD no credit. The Parish pick was complete arrogance, drafting a 3rd WR/ kick returner when we were very weak on both lines.

I don't think there was a weaker OL than the one TD left us.

I give TD no credit. The Parish pick was complete arrogance, drafting a 3rd WR/ kick returner when we were very weak on both lines.

Take a look at that draft and let me know who you would of selected instead. JP was a nice move by TD

1-No pick

2-Roscoe Parrish

3-Kevin Everett

4-Duke Preston

5-Eric King

6-Justin Geisinger

7-Lionel Gates

King, Geisinger & Gates are already gone. Parrish is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th receiver and return guy. Everett has done nothing and is in danger of getting cut. Preston started last year but has already been mentioned (along with Everett) as a guy who is in a make or break year and he faces stiff competition at RG since 3 guys (Walker, Pennington & Butler-all Marv picks)are in the right tackle/guard mix and all might be ahead of Preston in spite of his place on the current depth chart. My guess is one of the losers of the 3 tackles ends up at RG. The possible mix being RT Pennington, RG Walker; RT Walker RG Butler or Pennington. I wouldn't be shocked if Merz beats Preston out for the last OL spot. Both play G/C.

TD plagued us for several years :thumbsup: On the bright side, at least we didn't have Matt Millen

Why exactly should the LBs be better this year?
The Bills got rid of an undersized ageing MLB in Fletcher, who could not stop the run. They will replace him with someone with size & speed - upgrade. Crowell & Ellison both have a years experience in the Tampa 2 (Urlacher of the Bears said year 2 was when everyone catches on) both should be improved. :thumbsup:

over the top.

:thumbsup:

You got that right. Surfman. I'm thinking as good as 10-6, but 9-7 (or even 8-8) might be more realistic. If it's the RIGHT 8-8 (improving throughout the year, losing close games, beating some good teams) it will be a successful season, indeed.

I think it's clear that Marv knows what he is doing.

Worse? I don't know, Arizona signed one of our guys and is calling it a positive upgrade...

If Marv truly knew what he was doing, he would have franchised Clements and gotten something in return for him.

You see the Skins offering a swap of first's for Briggs.

I have also heard that they were offering the 6th pick and a swap for Asante Samuel as well.

By agreeing to let Nate walk with no compensation in return, Marv missed the boat.

I think it's clear that Marv knows what he is doing.

If Marv truly knew what he was doing, he would have franchised Clements and gotten something in return for him.

I have also heard that they were offering the 6th pick and a swap for Asante Samuel as well.

By agreeing to let Nate walk with no compensation in return, Marv missed the boat.

Hmmmmm....seems to be a mistake made by several teams every year.

Perhaps it's not as simple as you are assuming it to be.

i think he is saying "Marv kept his word. Damn him!"

Of course it's just that simple. It's kinda like trading up or down in the draft. You determine you want to move up/down, snap your fingers, get or give a few extra picks and presto magic you just moved up/down. Re-signing players or getting free agents is just as easy. I know its so because I can do that sort of thing on Madden all the time.

Note: I really have no idea what its like in Madden. I've never played it. But it seems to be the gauge by which all transactions are judged. So I thought the reference appropriate.

Marv did franchise Clements. He chose to keep him on the team rather than trading him. Nate may have had a say in that however. The player can refuse to negotiate with the team he is to be traded to. Nate clearly wanted to test the market (who can blame him?) so it would not surprise me if he refused to do so. No team will trade for a player unless they agree to a new contract beforehand. Marv agreed to not franchise Nate the 2nd year in order to avoid the problems Chicago is having with Briggs. :thumbsup:

i think he is saying "Marv kept his word. Damn him!"

Nah, I am sensing that he means that Marv shouldn't have made such a promise because Nate gained 82 million and the Bills and their fans gained zero.

TD was too arrogant for my tastes, but he DID accomplish a few things. In addition to having a wideout with superstar potential, we appear to be strong at LT, QB, and DE. These are the 3 hardest positions to fill, and I thank TD for this.

Imo, Mike Williams was the nail in TD's coffin. He passed on 2 good LTs to take this slob and the team never recovered. A case can be made that the Raiders and Cardinals suffered the same fait when they bombed on Gallery and Davis (I still can't understand the contract Dallas gave him). Jennings was great for a late 3rd round pick, but he couldn't stay on the field, leaving us nothing up front.

TD also screwed himself and the team by hiring 2nd rate head coaches as well as coordinators and no, I cannot defend the 05 draft. It was a total disaster.

In all, the whole TD experience wasn't good, but I will always feel as if TD had a good eye for talent and player evaluation. His mistakes however were too colossal to overcome.