Bills could start...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah well i think our team can be 4-1 before our baltimore bye week! if we beat denver in our home opener.i think our confidence will be sky high.i am not afraid of pittsburgh this year in pittsburgh.we lose to the patsies and then we beat the jets.here is the best part.when we play dallas we can play all out knowing we have a week off after the dallas game.so 4-1.i also like the fact we get two weeks to prepare for baltimore and we are home.go bills in"07

I was thinking along those lines as well. Denver with a young QB coming into the Ralph for the opener. I love our chances in that one. Pittsburg is so not dominating anymore. NE on the road will be a dogfight. Than home against Jets and Boys', I love our chances to start out hot. But, the run defense will have to be tough. We open against Travis Henry. Remember last Christmas Eve. And Willie Parker, week 2. He got his first start against us the last game of 2004. (Very bad memory)

Looking at the early schedule, if we can find some run defense, we can get off to a great start. Does that change the coaches thinking on who we draft early? Branch, Okoye... Only 151 days until the opener!!!

This team has some serious upgrading to do between now and the regular season (draft, trades, FA's, whatever) as well as some growing up to do between now and then...

... because part of me looks at this schedule and thinks the Bills could start 0-8 before heading to Miami. I'm guessing 3-6 at this point, but who knows... maybe we'll all be surprised and they'll play out of their heads the first half and be sitting pretty at 5-3 or better.

Not likely, though.

It really depends on the draft. If we take an offensive player as our first pick other than Peterson if for some reason he is there, then our defense will look worse than last year. The 0-8 is not out of the question if we don't address our linebacker, cornerback and defensive tackle situation. I think 3-5 or 4-4 seems more likely.

Actually with our roster right now, 0-8 might be a bit optimistic.

Last year we were supposed to go 0-5 and we went 2-3 and a disappointing 4th and goal situation in the season opener away from 3-2 record.

This team has some serious upgrading to do between now and the regular season (draft, trades, FA's, whatever) as well as some growing up to do between now and then...

... because part of me looks at this schedule and thinks the Bills could start 0-8 before heading to Miami. I'm guessing 3-6 at this point, but who knows... maybe we'll all be surprised and they'll play out of their heads the first half and be sitting pretty at 5-3 or better.

Not likely, though.

Well done. :w00t:

Does TBD give an award for the most pointless pre-season thread? If so, I nominate the above.

Now let's get back to more of "Pointless Mock Drafts and the bored fans who love them." :thumbsup:

Not likely, though.

That's funny. I was thinking the Bills would go 16-0.

PTR

How long has it been since we've had a monday night game? Im just happy to have a monday game so now ill actually be able to watch a handful of games this year (Miami x2 and Dallas). But regaurdless does it really matter if the bills become the next big thing in the NFL because I dont really care, just as long as they are in Buffalo, and a playoff contender or just .500 they are kicking A$$ to me and thats all that I care about. Born a Bills fan and nothings gonna change that.

go bills in 07

The first half of the year is brutal for Buffalo... I don't see 0-8, but a 3-5 record is very possible. I predict that if the Bills finish 500 or better during the first half of the year, they are playoff bound.

I agree. The first part of the shed is BRUTAL. but the last half is pretty sweet, IMO. (Of course, things can change.) If the Bills can scape out a few wins the first half of the season, and avoid major injuries, they'll be in good shape, IMO.

Even thought the first half of the shed is tough, Denver is beatable in Buffalo. Pitt is not strong team, IMO. The Jets and Cincy are both very possible wins for the Bills.

On a personal note, the J-ville game is the Sunday after Thanksgiving (plan your road-trip now, I'm hosting).

Miami is in the Bufftown in December at we end at Phily. The more I start to think about it, the more i really like this schedule.

As an aside: MNF in BUFFALO? What was the NFL thinking? I'll take it and be happy, but I really like the low-profile 1PM games. For those crediting Schumer (a GREAT Senator), he must not have spoken with Ralph first. Wilson hates Monday night games in Buffalo...at least that's my understanding.

Finally...I'm PUMPED! GO BILLS!

I agree. The first part of the shed is BRUTAL. but the last half is pretty sweet, IMO. (Of course, things can change.) If the Bills can scape out a few wins the first half of the season, and avoid major injuries, they'll be in good shape, IMO.

Even though the 1st half is brutal....we play 5 of them at home....Unlike last year, we need to take care of business at home this year....We had too critical losses at home against the Jets, Titans last season....If we had won them we would have been 9-7 and possibly in the playoffs.

I have to ask...How?

just let the guy roll in his ignorance. The Bills are better than the most pessimistic bills fan and worse than the most optimistic bills fan. That said given the progress the bills made last year i think that the offense will carry the team as the offense had only lost one key player that hasn't been replaced at this point. I think JP takes more steps forward this year and the team hovers around 8-8 again.

My Prediction: The bills will be playoff bound 2008-2009, with the only starter not under contract for '08 being Cieslak, I think the continuity will allow the bills to become one of the most dangerous teams in the league

Actually with our roster right now, 0-8 might be a bit optimistic.

Why is that? They are younger, the guys they brought in last year played well for being thrown into the fire... they beafed up the O-Line, etc. So we lost McGahee, Spikes and Fletcher - that must spell doom. B-):lol::w00t:

Not likely, though.

I disagree, and please check your math on that 0-8, 3-6 and 5-3 thing.

B-):lol: