And the Pats play after their Bye week (drum roll)

I understand the frustration, but they do play twice per season. The Bills lose to New England when the Pats have a bye the week before, and they lose when the Pats don't have a bye the week before. Not sure it matters much...

Actually the difference is when the Pats play us out of a bye week they blow us out. When we play them before the bye week its a close game.

It's hard to argue that there isn't some sort of advantage a team gets via the bye week - they get 2 weeks to rest and prepare for their next opponent. Whether that advantage is big or small is open to interpretation, but the mere fact that one team (the Pats) always get to use this advantage against the same team (the Bills) every year really is crap...

I understand the frustration, but they do play twice per season. The Bills lose to New England when the Pats have a bye the week before, and they lose when the Pats don't have a bye the week before. Not sure it matters much...

"Not sure it matters much..."

These are the precise words that I'd heard this afternoon in a conversation with a co-worker in New Hampshire - yes, a !@#$ing DIEHARD Patsie fan. We're actually able to maintain a level of civility....well, because I really can't shove it back in his face at this point in time. Urrggghh!!! Oh, if there is a higher being, we'll sweep these clowns, and there's a lot of humble pit to be eaten. This is total and utter ballwashing on the part of the NFL, and anyone who believes that this isn't manipulated REALLY needs to call 1-800-CHANGEMYMEDS.

The day is coming. When I had season tickets for the then-L.A. Rams in the 1980s, I had to wait, and wait, and wait for that antichrist Joe Montana to retire or move on. Guess what? It happened. And his career ended on the cold turf of Rich Stadium when he was in a wheelchair for the Chiefs. So maybe there is a higher being. It just takes awhile for him to put his beer down and get around to doing what higher beings do....... B-)

At Bills. Hey what a surprise

I believe its week 11. I was watching the scroll.

I know it is becoming a habit and it does put them at an advantage but don't you think even they are getting sick of it? I am willing to bet that if they had the choice they would pick a different opponent to play after their bye-week.

This is getting ridiculous. If you believe this is anything other than complete coincidence then you must believe that there is some conspiracy either against the Bills or for the Patriots, or both. If you believe the NFL is trying to get the Patriots an easy schedule, or to win more games, they would never put the Bills against them after the bye, the Pats have won about 9 of the last 10 games against the Bills regardless of when or where. If you believe the league has it in for the Bills, again, they would never put the Patriots as the team that has the extra week to prepare for the Bills, the Pats beat them every time anyway, they would put a team that the Bills have a good chance to beat, like the Fins or the Jets.

So, in other words, this is a criminally stupid topic, inference or suggestion.

It shouldn't matter when we play the Pats. If we fielded a halfway-decent product for once in a DECADE, we'd be confident going into that game regardless of when it was. But no, the franchise continues to suck and implode, so we're reduced to whining about bye weeks. Cripes.

Sweeping the Pats is not likely, but splitting with them is. That needs to be a goal if we're going to get to the playoffs. We must split with the Pats. We were a rat's asshair away from doing it last year. We'll finally do it this year, and this bye week crap won't matter.

Actually the difference is when the Pats play us out of a bye week they blow us out. When we play them before the bye week its a close game.

Is there any difference between a close loss and a blowout loss? Their both L's in the standings! Buffalo could not have asked for a more fan friendly schedule. Until the Bills start beating the Pats, no one can complain about when they play them.