Turner is going to Buffalo Wed. He took a physical for

I love Turner but if Marv grabs him I don't see Turner as a flashy pickup that will put butts in the seats.

Your average fan has never probably heard of him.

I think its a move that tremendously helps your ball club and aids in JP and Lees careers.

Flashy would be trying to grab AP by moving up with the draft board.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they? One more good draft and the promise of more progress from JP and LE would put a lot of fannies in the seats, IMO.

To fans that follow the team real closely, thats true

But talk to the "average" fan, and not many of them are running out to buy Whittner, Pennington, Simpson, Youbouty jerseys right now. From a marketing stand point, the Bills need a couple names to come in and sell tickets, not some more rookies too come in and eventually develop into stars. JP and Evans will sell merchandise, but so did the 4 guys that are now gone.

Personnally the Bills need to bring in some more NFL experience players, they have enough youth right now and need some veterans to make this team competitive right now to bring the fans back. By expecting to fill all their holes in the draft, they are mortgaging the present for the future, the opposite of teams like the 'skins that mortgage the future for the present. To keep the fans coming back and spending money, they need to find a balance and get younger and better for the future while staying competitive in the present

What in God's name are you babbling about now?

:wallbash: :wallbash:

All of the backs we are discussing started in college, INCLUDING Turner. None of the backs have played a down in the NFL let alone "has experience has a starter" [sic]

Dude, it's time to take the meds.

Alright, enough is enough. It's time to take a break. I'm worried about The Dean, check out the face of the avatar, it just morphed into I don't know what! Somebody better alert the mods, we have a meltdown in aisle 7. I think all this predraft BS has finally gotten to 'em.

I love Turner but if Marv grabs him I don't see Turner as a flashy pickup that will put butts in the seats.

Your average fan has never probably heard of him.

I think its a move that tremendously helps your ball club and aids in JP and Lees careers.

Flashy would be trying to grab AP by moving up with the draft board.

It might now be soeone everyone recognizes, but he's someone that ESPN might make mention of and say is a good pickup for Buffalo. Thats what will make the average fans interest peak. Most of them get their info from ESPN and to hear them have something positive to say about a move would help

Chances are ESPN wouldn't endorse the move.

ESPN rides the big cities jock straps.

Buffalo usually doesn't get the respect. You and I both know that.

Do I care? No.

But to assume that ESPN would love this move is just guessing at this point.

Lynch or Peterson would probably be more appealing to fans that don't know much.

Draft picks can do that to the casual fan.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THE REALITY IN TURNER. HE'S A BACK UP AND UNPROVEN STARTER! You'd rather take a guy that has never been a starter over a guy in the draft who has experience has a starter.

I am relatively new to this board. I have been reading LSI Cadets taking quite a bashing, and I can see why now with ridiculous comments like this. Is his MO trying to get the board riled up or does he really feel this way? I also was reading a month or so ago about Delucca being ridiculed. Are they one and the same as far as insights?

Not sure, don't really care either way. It's a message board, feel free to express your thoughts. But, in regard to all of this " He's an unproven backup", these college kids are more unproven. Is he great? Probably not, but he could be. But what we do know is that he's better than ANYONE we have on the roster and with him it's one less thing we need to address in the draft. For the right price, I'd love him, but anything that involves a 1st round pick or swapping picks is absurd, you can't trade away a PROVEN back like McGahee for a pair of 3rds and then trade for a guy like Turner for more than that. It's things like that that will make ESPN continue to rip the moves we make

I am relatively new to this board. I have been reading LSI Cadets taking quite a bashing, and I can see why now with ridiculous comments like this. Is his MO trying to get the board riled up or does he really feel this way? I also was reading a month or so ago about Delucca being ridiculed. Are they one and the same as far as insights?

Therein lies the mystery, n'est ce-pas?

I watched that video. The best runs were against the sh!tt!est run defense (the Bills) or when the Chargers were up by 30 points.

He is a real good back up, not a franchise back.

NO WAY - the best run from that clip was CLEARLY the one against the Bears...

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THE REALITY IN TURNER. HE'S A BACK UP AND UNPROVEN STARTER! You'd rather take a guy that has never been a starter over a guy in the draft who has experience has a starter.

It's pretty hilarious how you can be so against picking up a player who you obviously know nothing about.

:wallbash:

Ummmm no. But I did see Clements beat his block, grab a wide open RB from behind and by himself manage to stop his momentum. He was also about to drag him down short of the goalline until not 1 but 2 CHarger OLinemen bowled into them and knocked them over the goalline.

But forget that Clements had the will and desire to make a tough hustle play in the closing moments of a blowout loss on the road. Any corner worth their salt would have single-handedly brought down the 800 lbs of all 3 Chargers in that situation. I'm glad that bum is out of here.......

Uh-oh. Someone insulted Simon's FAVORITE former Bill.

obviously mom didnt pack enough ritalin in your lunch today. the nurse may have an extra dose. check during study hall.

Ahhhhhh yes...... the innocent, italicized pubescent crackle of another LSI (Low Salt Intake?) post.

Homework and straight to bed mister......lunch moneys' on the counter....signed permission slip to Dora the Explorer on Ice in backpack.....sweet dreams little soldier......sweet dreams.

WTF are YOU talking about?

You're approaching Holcomb'sArmian idiocy with this crusade.

I hope Marv get the trade done and Turner signed, but it shouldn't cost us our 1st rd pick. Give them a 3rd this year and offer a conditional pick in 2008 that gives SD a 1st rd pick if Turner rushes for 1500yds + gets a probowl nod. A 2008 2nd rd pick for either a 1500 yd season or a probowl nod, and a 3rd in 2008 straight up if no conditions are met.

We might have to sweeten up the guarenteed compensation some but it shouldn't cost us more then a 2nd this year IMO.

I hope Marv get the trade done and Turner signed, but it shouldn't cost us our 1st rd pick. Give them a 3rd this year and offer a conditional pick in 2008 that gives SD a 1st rd pick if Turner rushes for 1500yds + gets a probowl nod. A 2008 2nd rd pick for either a 1500 yd season or a probowl nod, and a 3rd in 2008 straight up if no conditions are met.

We might have to sweeten up the guarenteed compensation some but it shouldn't cost us more then a 2nd this year IMO.

I'm all for a pick, especially a conditional one, in next year's draft. That and a 3rd rder this year would be fair.