Round 1 Of The TSW Mock Draft

Applause for R. Rich, yes.

Methinks there would be applause for delivering Peterson too, but it is a scary draft now that I look at it.

Should Willis and Peterson both be gone at 12 there doesn't seem to an obvious choice better than,

(and I know how you are going to take this)

the top cornerback, Leon Hall.

The 12th pick is on the edge of a cliff if we mocksters are any indication.

I have some opinions, but first I would like to say good job on the effort put in now for the critiquing...

1. I can see cleveland trading down because they do have a lot of holes, and atlanta via the schaub trade has the pics to trade up for calvin johnson. Will they unlikely. They've wasted 1st rd picks on trading for peerless price, michael jenkins, roddy white. They have a lot of needs and while Calvin Johnson is as close to a can't miss prospect as it gets atlanta needs defensive help a lot more then a wr. However I can buy it so no real qualms.

2. Brady Quinn in this draft scenairo I can't see him getting past the vikings. That may depend on if the vikings sign David Carr, but if they dont and quinn falls with just tavaris jackson on their roster it's doubtful he'd get past them.

3. With Kansas city already having Jared Allen and Tamba Hali why would they draft another de? Unless they move carriker inside, but even so they just re-signed ron edwards to a 4 year deal as well as alfonzo boone and still have james reed who played well for them last year. For KC If they're trading up it's because they'd be targeting Meachem before SD can grab him, or posisbly dwayne jarrett.

4. Ne- Why on earth would they grab jarrett after signing stallworth, wes welker, and kelley washington Also with chad jackson drafted just year. With needed youth infusion needed in the lb core and secondary I can't see them taking a luxury pick like jarrett.

5. I consider this a pretty good safety draft with a lot of good players, so I dont get the logic in teams trading up for a safety. Maybe I'm overrating them but with Landry, Nelson, Griffin, Merriweather I believe you have 4 legit 1st round safeties.

But in light of those few discrepancies if Peterson fell to us at 12 Id be happier then a fly on sh--. <_<

I have some opinions, but first I would like to say good job on the effort put in now for the critiquing...

1. I can see cleveland trading down because they do have a lot of holes, and atlanta via the schaub trade has the pics to trade up for calvin johnson. Will they unlikely. They've wasted 1st rd picks on trading for peerless price, michael jenkins, roddy white. They have a lot of needs and while Calvin Johnson is as close to a can't miss prospect as it gets atlanta needs defensive help a lot more then a wr. However I can buy it so no real qualms.

2. Brady Quinn in this draft scenairo I can't see him getting past the vikings. That may depend on if the vikings sign David Carr, but if they dont and quinn falls with just tavaris jackson on their roster it's doubtful he'd get past them.

3. With Kansas city already having Jared Allen and Tamba Hali why would they draft another de? Unless they move carriker inside, but even so they just re-signed ron edwards to a 4 year deal as well as alfonzo boone and still have james reed who played well for them last year. For KC If they're trading up it's because they'd be targeting Meachem before SD can grab him, or posisbly dwayne jarrett.

4. Ne- Why on earth would they grab jarrett after signing stallworth, wes welker, and kelley washington Also with chad jackson drafted just year. With needed youth infusion needed in the lb core and secondary I can't see them taking a luxury pick like jarrett.

5. I consider this a pretty good safety draft with a lot of good players, so I dont get the logic in teams trading up for a safety. Maybe I'm overrating them but with Landry, Nelson, Griffin, Merriweather I believe you have 4 legit 1st round safeties.

But in light of those few discrepancies if Peterson fell to us at 12 Id be happier then a fly on sh--. <_<

Good post.

I know I made a somewhat questionable choice for Arizona w/ Branch. Although they do need a solid DT, they needed a DE more for their line. But, w/ Adams gone, I decided to go w/ the better player (Branch over Jamaal Anderson). After discussing it w/ some Arizona fans, they said that if the draft went down as it did, the team would probably take Adrian Peterson or even Patrick Willis (a bit high though) instead of Branch.

Good post.

I know I made a somewhat questionable choice for Arizona w/ Branch. Although they do need a solid DT, they needed a DE more for their line. But, w/ Adams gone, I decided to go w/ the better player (Branch over Jamaal Anderson). After discussing it w/ some Arizona fans, they said that if the draft went down as it did, the team would probably take Adrian Peterson or even Patrick Willis (a bit high though) instead of Branch.

It's impressive in itself that you know "Some Arizona fans" <_<

Good post.

Arizona would really consider Peterson after only one year with Edge? That's surprising.

Arizona would really consider Peterson after only one year with Edge? That's surprising.

That's what I thought, but they'd look @ that as a long term thing, I suppose. The top priority would be OT or DE, but in our scenario, the worthy candidates (OT Joe Thomas, DE Gaines Adams) were gone. They would've had to take someone a bit high, like Levi Brown or Jamaal Anderson.

I'm also not sure that Detroit would pull the trigger on Thomas. Remember that they just traded for Foster.

along with the signings of Mulitalo & Pillar to go with with Foster, Backus & Raiola, i would tend to agree that the Lions will be looking elsewhere this year.

along with the signings of Mulitalo & Pillar to go with with Foster, Backus & Raiola, i would tend to agree that the Lions will be looking elsewhere this year.

Isn't Foster a RT? Mulitalo and Pillar can't be looked @ as much more than depth players now. I don't know if Thomas is their target, but I wouldn't rule it out even w/ the moves they've made so far.

That's what I thought, but they'd look @ that as a long term thing, I suppose. The top priority would be OT or DE, but in our scenario, the worthy candidates (OT Joe Thomas, DE Gaines Adams) were gone. They would've had to take someone a bit high, like Levi Brown or Jamaal Anderson.

You and I both know who's sitting on the board still, and you and i both know he's tough to pass up at #3 this round after bill takes kalil and if detroit passes on him. <_<

Isn't Foster a RT? Mulitalo and Pillar can't be looked @ as much more than depth players now. I don't know if Thomas is their target, but I wouldn't rule it out even w/ the moves they've made so far.

I think Detroit will trade down and take Levi Brown. They may or may not lose much from taking him over Thomas, but they will get TON for thqat pick.

The move was to get a shot at the number one corner (Hall) or the best available big man. Carriker to me is special ( I don't see a Kelsay, Wistrom type) and can be used anywhere rotationally -- KC is very Bills like IMO. Did I want a pure DT or OT ? Of course, but this mock is a tough crowd.

I would have been sick if Meachum had fell to 23 after I traded up.

Applause for R. Rich, yes.

Methinks there would be applause for delivering Peterson too, but it is a scary draft now that I look at it.

Should Willis and Peterson both be gone at 12 there doesn't seem to an obvious choice better than,

(and I know how you are going to take this)

the top cornerback, Leon Hall.

The 12th pick is on the edge of a cliff if we mocksters are any indication.

If we dont land turner, I think you can add lynch to that list of obvious choices