Most overrated female celebrity?

Tux of Borg

X...where are you...you're not answering your pager or cell phone.

Doesn't this constitute harassment of some sort? Libel? Slander? Defamation of character? (Forget that last one, too many holes there, methinks.)

I was acquitted of the charges and NG persists in this baseless crusade. Can I get a "Cease and Desist"?

methinks? ;)

Oh man, the bingo went a little late last night we broke out the Twister and people were passing around the blue pills like candy........these juries are something else around here..... I have the C&D all drawn up....it's just that .......well.....

we need a 26 ft. yacht, Lasix and a shitload of phenylbutazone, and some jockey silks by 6 PM, I'll explain later.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, the bingo went a little late last night we broke out the Twister and people were passing around the blue pills like candy........these juries are something else around here..... I have the C&D all drawn up....it's just that .......well.....

we need a 26 ft. yacht, Lasix and a shitload of phenylbutazone, and some jockey silks by 6 PM, I'll explain later.....

Silks? Check

Lasix? Check

Where the fu#k did I park that damn yacht?

jon voights daughter does nothing for me...

By the way, on this topic, just a little trivia for you:

John Voight's brother is songwriter Chip Taylor, who wrote one of the most famous rock anthems of all time, "Wild Thing"....I know for sure! ;)

So not only can Angelina Jolie claim that her daddy played "Conrack", and was in one of the great films of the 70's, "Midnight Cowboy", but her uncle wrote "Wild Thing", one of the most recognizable rock songs of all time....I think she is kind of hot...and I respect her humanitarian actions, as cynical as everyone is about Hollywood types...

i disagree, brittany, jessica, christina, they are all production, avril, if i am not mistaken, wrote most of her stuff

i think it's all a hoax that she writes her own stuff, or at least, these whiz bang producers take her base songs and make them into fully produced songs with slick instrumentation and arrangement etc. there's also the way she has been marketed as a "punk kid" with that ridiculous tie deal, especially when she's a suburban chick from canada. Avril doesn't have much of a voice or guitar skills. you can't deny that.

She is that rink rat, if not punk kid -- the juvenalia shines through in those lyrics. Napanee is about as suburban as Dubois, Pennsylvania if that paints a picture.

The Linda Perry touch is not as evident with her as say, Pink. They put Chantal Krevaziuk and Raine Maida on her case to grow her up some -- and got more of the cringeworthy drivel like "Girlfriend". My vote is for authentic (and unlistenable).

She is that rink rat, if not punk kid -- the juvenalia shines through in those lyrics. Napanee is about as suburban as Dubois, Pennsylvania if that paints a picture.

The Linda Perry touch is not as evident with her as say, Pink. They put Chantal Krevaziuk and Raine Maida on her case to grow her up some -- and got more of the cringeworthy drivel like "Girlfriend". My vote is for authentic (and unlistenable).

For some reason after reading this I'm feeling a bit older. It's probably because I have no fuggin clue what you are talkin about. ;)

For some reason after reading this I'm feeling a bit older.

Two generations removed in fact. You may remember an awful one hit wonder from 1993 by 4 Non Blondes( "What's Going On") -- that is your Linda Perry. Look closely at the songwriting and producing credits behind Christina Aguilera, Pink, Gwen Stefani ... on back to Courtney Love, and you have a woman involved in possibly a hundred million units sold. She has singlehandedly moved the culture away from the likes of you and I.

Two generations removed in fact. You may remember an awful one hit wonder from 1993 by 4 Non Blondes( "What's Going On") -- that is your Linda Perry. Look closely at the songwriting and producing credits behind Christina Aguilera, Pink, Gwen Stefani ... on back to Courtney Love, and you have a woman involved in possibly a hundred million units sold. She has singlehandedly moved the culture away from the likes of you and I.

OK, that's better, thanks!

hahahaha...you said Do Boys!!!!! :thumbdown:

Fun fact, Avril is from Napanee Ontario (a small town that isn't really a suburb type city) and was discovered in a Shania Twain singing contest. Thats right, she was a normal girl that was discovered singing Shania Twain, not exactly what you'd expect from the "punk Sk8r" chick she portrays

Also, Pink was in an all flop girl pop group before and was pretty much the only one with "Talent" and the record company told her that she had to ditch the others if she wanted to continue in the music industry

My favorites have to be "Fergie" freom the Black eyed Peas who went from Canadian child star of a cheesie music show, to skanky pop "singer" after also failing in an all girl group

or Nelly Furtado, who took Canada by storm with more "wholesome" songs, like "I'm Like a Bird", had a kid, and then went to the more skanky stuff like "Promiscuous Girl" Doesn't it usually go the other way? start out skanky, then have a kid and become the wholesome performer? Kind of like Modanna who went from selling albums and books full of Sex, to trying to be Mother Terressa after having children (but still trying to have that "I'm still scandalous" side)

Paris Hilton & Anna Nicole Smith. I know they've been mentioned already, but they deserve mention again.

Madonna. Most overrated entertainer of all time.

Jennifer Lopez. Actually showed promise, until she became "J-Lo".

Julia Roberts. She actually thought she could do broadway. :thumbdown::D:D

Demi Moore. How many great performances has she had?

That's interesting. I never knew that............And, I actually love that song - it's called What's Up........What's Going On was Marvin Gaye

That's interesting. I never knew that............And, I actually love that song - it's called What's Up........What's Going On was Marvin Gaye

Actually, that ain't the song you like. Marvin Gaye's song is pretty cool. The 4 Non-talents song has no connection to the other one, no lyrics, no riffs, no anything, except they are probably both 4/4 time.

The song I really like is What's Up? by 4 Non Blondes

I also like What's Going On by Marvin Gaye, but not as much as the aforementioned song.

You are correct, sir... the 4 Non Blondes refrain is "what's going on" but due to the Marvin Gaye song title, the " What's Up "

label was applied.

It would have been sweet irony to have one of the era's most prolific hitmaker's breaking big with a cover but that is not the case. Sorry for the initial confusion.