Silent thread for Larry 'Bud' Melman

stevewin

I know this is supposed to be a "silent thread", but I loved Larry Bud, while growing up. Back then, the Letterman show was "can't miss tv", and Larry Bud was a big part of that. I remember seeing him live in Tonawanda, with this bizarre stage show, with dancing girls, dancing bears, and a whole bunch of other odditys...Larry Bud was a shining example of what made Lettermans show so cutting edge at the time...RIP Larry Bud...give that man a hot, wet towel...

I know this is supposed to be a "silent thread", but I loved Larry Bud, while growing up. Back then, the Letterman show was "can't miss tv", and Larry Bud was a big part of that. I remember seeing him live in Tonawanda, with this bizarre stage show, with dancing girls, dancing bears, and a whole bunch of other odditys...Larry Bud was a shining example of what made Lettermans show so cutting edge at the time...RIP Larry Bud...give that man a hot, wet towel...

Dave will be back on Monday. It should be interesting to see what they do and what Dave says about Larry Bud.

Dave will be back on Monday. It should be interesting to see what they do and what Dave says about Larry Bud.

I didn't see Letterman last night (Wednesday), but I heard that someone (possibly Adam Sandler?) filled in as guest host for him. I think Sandler was scheduled to be a guest. I kind of heard that on the radio this morning, but I was half asleep, so maybe I imagined it. I am not sure if Dave's abscence was Larry Bud related, or something else....

Well, since the silence has been broken, I'll chime in here. Letterman's daytime show was AWESOME. Larry Bud was one of the big reasons why.

"Like Toast? Hate the feel? TOAST ON A STICK!"

Classic!

:w00t:

I didn't see Letterman last night (Wednesday), but I heard that someone (possibly Adam Sandler?) filled in as guest host for him. I think Sandler was scheduled to be a guest. I kind of heard that on the radio this morning, but I was half asleep, so maybe I imagined it. I am not sure if Dave's abscence was Larry Bud related, or something else....

You are mostly correct. Adam Sandler was the emergency guest host on Tuesday. On Wednesday, they had a show that was actually shot on Monday (before Letterman got sick and before Larry Bud died). Dave's first night back is on Monday because of the regionals.