V-Coach Bulletin

Pruce is a total stud and exactly what this OL needs to turn the corner. His play at the University of (Fill in the blank) was completely overlooked by many people, but just remember back in (Fill in the year) when I posted that Pruce could be THE most dominant (Fill in your dream) on a team if he was given a chance.

I've watched him play three years at (Fill in the blank) and in one game against (Fill in the blank) he played his ass off against (Fill in the blank) and everyone knows he's probably the most dominant defensive end since (Fill in the blank).

I can't believe we waited this long to sign him.

WE SHOULD PLAY HIM NOW!!! WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?? We suck...we're 0-4...and if we put him on the line, and then get Losman back there with a broken leg, HOW COULD THINGS BE WORSE???

(Man, I swear, sometimes this board is like an old Mad Libs book.) <_<

No stevestojan?  David Puce?  Jesus, he's a total stud.  Puce rules, he'll replace Williams Teague and Jennings.  Puce is the effin king man.

67364[/snapback]

Do you pronounce his name

"Puse"

or

"Poochie" <_<

?????

Pruce is a total stud and exactly what this OL needs to turn the corner. His play at the University of (Fill in the blank) was completely overlooked by many people, but just remember back in (Fill in the year) when I posted that Pruce could be THE most dominant (Fill in your dream) on a team if he was given a chance.

I've watched him play three years at (Fill in the blank) and in one game against (Fill in the blank) he played his ass off against (Fill in the blank) and everyone knows he's probably the most dominant defensive end since (Fill in the blank).

WE SHOULD PLAY HIM NOW!!! WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?? We suck...we're 0-4...and if we put him on the line, and then get Losman back there with a broken leg, HOW COULD THINGS BE WORSE???

67332[/snapback]

This is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on the board and for it I forgive you all your wrongheaded political rants on the PPP board. You rock! B)

67332[/snapback]

What a post!...legendary!

That being said, I actually met David Pruce once after a road race (Subaru 4-mile Chase) on Elmwood Ave. (He was definitely not a runner; he was at the time my friend's daughter's boyfriend. Speaking of legendary--you should see my friend's daughter, but I digress...)

I spoke with him for quite awhile. He was polite, friendly, smart, humble....and HUUUUUUUGGGGE. I wish him the very best.

David Pruce, OT - Buffalo

Ht: 6-7 Wt: 305 40-time: 5.25

STRENGTHS: Big, durable offensive lineman who moves well for his size…intelligent player who understands assignments and works hard…durable player who started the final 36 games of his collegiate career…versatile athlete, who played both tackle and guard at the collegiate level.

WEAKNESSES: Probably needs to bulk up in order to have an impact on the professional level…played on a hapless college team, giving rise to doubts about his effectiveness…needs to work on strength in order to handle NFL defensive linemen…pass blocking needs some work.

NOTABLE: Team averaged 322.5 yards per game during his senior season…member of 2000 Verizon District I Academic All-America Team…member of the 1998 GTE District I Academic All-America team…played on team that finished 2-9 in his senior season, improved from 0-11 during his junior year.

Where from Buffalo?  Sloan, Lovejoy, Kaisertown? 

<_<

67512[/snapback]

Pruce went to the University at Buffalo but he's originally from Ohio. For what it's worth he's spent time with the Ravens, Texans and was named to the Patriots Practice Squad earlier this season.

Pruce's play at tackle helped quarterback Joe Freedy become just the fourth quarterback in UB history to throw for over 2,000 yards in a single season. As a junior, he led the Bulls with 25 pancake blocks and also recorded 37 blocks that got defenders off their feet.

An outstanding student as well, Pruce was a two-time Verizon District I Academic All-American (1998 and 2000). He was ranked as high as the 30th best offensive tackle coming out of college by many pre-draft publications. Pruce came to UB from Chardon HS outside of Cleveland where he helped head coach Bob Doyle's teams to a 34-6 record during his prep career, including a 14-0 record and state championship in 1994.

According to this press release