Congradulations to WGR550

I barely know you but I'm with Dean: You're a dick.

And speaking of d, there's no "d" in congraTulations.

Thanks Mr Adams, I appreciate it. :lol:

But I NEVER called Yasmon (I know) a dick. He called me a dick.

(There's something vaguely Kennedyesque about that.)

I'm not sure I ever took even a little cheap shot at him before he called me a dick (in a rather humorless and witless manner, I might add.)

Not too worry, Mr. President, I think it's pretty clear Yasban is our newest short-bus riding member, if you catch my drift.

(Oh, no I didn't ;) )

I'd love to know what measure was used. Number of listeners? Percentage of audience? Number of times Mike Schopp blows off a caller? Having worked in the broadcasting industry, I know that ratings can be sliced-and-diced any number of ways until you find SOMETHING you're #1 in. It's hard to imagine a mediocrity like WGR being ranked nationally in anything but boredom or cyncism.

PTR

I'd love to know what measure was used. Number of listeners? Percentage of audience? Number of times Mike Schopp blows off a caller? Having worked in the broadcasting industry, I know that ratings can be sliced-and-diced any number of ways until you find SOMETHING you're #1 in. It's hard to imagine a mediocrity like WGR being ranked nationally in anything but boredom or cyncism.

PTR

mili posted the link to the awards above. Here's the press release:

Scottsdale, Arizona March 15, 2007: Mr. Mike Krukow, former Major League Baseball pitcher for

the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants and currently a member of the San Francisco Giants

broadcast team presented the annual Sports Radio Awards on Thursday, March 15, 2007 at the

Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

The 2006 award winners included:

Station WGR/Buffalo

General Manager Nelson Millman – CJCL (590 The Fan)/Toronto

Program Director Larry Gifford – KSPN (710 ESPN)/Los Angeles

Sales Manager Koby Halbrook – KESN (103.3 ESPN)/Dallas

Air Talent of the Year Bob McCown – CJCL (590 The Fan)/Toronto

Promotion Director Theresa Snyder - WAXY (790 The Ticket)/Miami

The winners were recognized for their leadership, innovation, creativity and success in the Sports

Radio industry. The annual awards are selected by ballots cast by industry peers at Sports Radio

stations across the US and Canada.

This is, simply, one of many industry circle-jerk awards. The business of self-congratulations knows no bounds.

Congradulations is probably a witty word from a greeting card to a HS or college graduate I would imagine.

How does WGR win an award for a sports station with Shane Brother Shane, John Otto and Stan Roberts in their lineup or has the station changed format since the LAST time I listened to it?

Whenever I'm home on vacation, my dad's neighbor always tells me what a terrible station it is and how bad the hosts are. Finally this year I asked him, "Does the tuner knob on your 74 Ranchero not work or something?"

... he gave me a blank stare. :thumbsup:

Until the WNSA fiasco, they weren't even the best sports station in Buffalo let alone the country. God I miss 107.7! You could put static on the air with a bills update every 5 minutes and a ton of people in this area would listen. People love their sports here and have no other options than WGR. Mike Schopp is one of the people I would love to meet in a bar and and find out if he is as tough in person as he is behind a microphone. I never understood how a guy who openly hates football and the Bills has a job at a Buffalo sports station.

Mike Schopp is one of the people I would love to meet in a bar and and find out if he is as tough in person as he is behind a microphone. I never understood how a guy who openly hates football and the Bills has a job at a Buffalo sports station.

His favorite sport is tennis, need I more. Okay, I will. He still collects baseball cards. He plays fantasy sports with players from 50 years ago. He watches dancing with the stars, americal idol and other pillow biter shows.

What exactly is the criteria for such an award?

probably the same criteria for getting a star on Hollywood Boulevard, about $20,000. I don't know if this award was ever considered prestigious, but it's alot less now.

Plus you have to be Coach Chuck Dickerson-free for 12 months.

Thanks Mr Adams, I appreciate it. :worthy:

But I NEVER called Yasmon (I know) a dick. He called me a dick.

(There's something vaguely Kennedyesque about that.)

I'm not sure I ever took even a little cheap shot at him before he called me a dick (in a rather humorless and witless manner, I might add.)

Not too worry, Mr. President, I think it's pretty clear Yasban is our newest short-bus riding member, if you catch my drift.

(Oh, no I didn't :devil: )

you need to change ---

The Dean to THE DICK

:lol::lol::lol::worthy::worthy::blink::blink::beer: