Done Deal

Dawgg

man, i really wanted the second this year.... they draft so close to bottom of the round! oh well still good value, hopefully next year's number 3 will be high! i'm anxious to see the contract they signed...

I'm really surprised by this ! Has Marv now given away some negotiation leverage with other RB's ?

I think it is likely that this means the Bills have already agreed in principle to a deal with another running back or two. Time will tell.

I'm really surprised by this ! Has Marv now given away some negotiation leverage with other RB's ?

If you were Jerry Sullivan, there is a current thread where they would shred you to bits right now, for even suggesting this...

Nice!

Three picks for a guy who was essentially gone anyway after this year?

Good job, Marv.

Yes, this is what i'm thinking now. i'd rather have two third round picks and a seventh than a 2nd and a 5th, for example, even with one of the 3rd rounders next year.

and there is obviously some plan in place to fill the RB void, whether via free agency, draft, or a combo of both (which seems to be the likely case).

Three picks for an average player--good job by the Bills! Odds are you get a player out of three that helps your team more than Willis. Bring in Dillon, Brown or Rhodes for a year and have thtem share time with whoever you end up drafting this year.

Wow 3 picks for Willis....I'm ok with that, providing we feature a good back this season through FA or one of the young studs in the draft....I don't think having willis for 1 more year is worth not taking 2 3rd rounders and a 7th....they could turn out to be good picks for the future (or not)

Good job Marv :rolleyes:

Go Bills!

You're probably right about that.

I hope so. This has the potential to be a very positive move for the Bills but only if they adequately replace McGahee. Fortunately, McGahee has been very average the last season or two so replacing that production through free agency and the draft does not appear to be too difficult.

I would have really liked a chance to see Mcgahee running behind what should be our best offensive line in recent memory. At this point, our running back position, linebacker corps, and cornerback positions are in shambles, with most of the top tier free agents already gone. It's hard to see why this team should be better than last year's squad.

Way to go, Marv! I thought we would be lucky to get one third out of it, and to come away with two thirds plus a seventh, all the better. I too, think there is already something in the works with one of the other backs we brought in.

I'm glad to be done with McGahee...Time to move on.

Three more picks! :rolleyes: (Although we'll have to wait a year on one.)

With Marv in charge, it's so nice to have that feeling of "what's going to happen next?!" again. It's going to be a fun ride!

Yes, this is what i'm thinking now. i'd rather have two third round picks and a seventh than a 2nd and a 5th, for example, even with one of the 3rd rounders next year.

and there is obviously some plan in place to fill the RB void, whether via free agency, draft, or a combo of both (which seems to be the likely case).

According to the the draft value chart, a second and fifth from the ravens this year would be 329. A third and a seventh would be 131. Therefore, to make this the better trade, next year's pick would have to no lower than the 14th pick in the round - and the Ravens have a tough schedule. So, we'll see.

No. He has 4 options BEFORE the draft.

C Brown

A Thomas

C Dillion

D Rhodes

We will sign 1 of those most likely and Draft 1 or 2 (FB like the guy from Rutgers) more.

No. He has 4 options BEFORE the draft.

C Brown

A Thomas

C Dillion

D Rhodes

We will sign 1 of those most likely and Draft 1 or 2 (FB like the guy from Rutgers) more.

Of those listed I think Chris Brown is the only who is capable of being a full time starter of course his inability to healthy makes drafting a RB on Day 1 makes sense as well.

I would have really liked a chance to see Mcgahee running behind what should be our best offensive line in recent memory. At this point, our running back position, linebacker corps, and cornerback positions are in shambles, with most of the top tier free agents already gone. It's hard to see why this team should be better than last year's squad.

How will we be able to find a guy to average 3.8 yds per carry with no hands....how indeed. :rolleyes:

According to the the draft value chart, a second and fifth from the ravens this year would be 329. A third and a seventh would be 131. Therefore, to make this the better trade, next year's pick would have to no lower than the 14th pick in the round - and the Ravens have a tough schedule. So, we'll see.

i see your point with the chart, i do. but my intuition says that two 3rd picks have a better chance of being both contributing good players than a 2nd and a 5th. obviously the second has the best chance but the jump between 3rd and 5th imo is much greater than 2nd and 3rd. throw in a seventh flyer and i think its a good deal.

Your user name is "Nostradamus" so I guess I can't question that you can see the future.... :rolleyes: