Drew Rosenhaus just called out our line

none, the guy makes accurate points. who wouldn't doubt a team that's been in constant turmoil since you joined them with an owner that says they can't compete and have to be moved?

how about we get some stability and a better group of players on both sides of the ball and then we talk. i'd like to see willis here at least next season for levy's sophomore return because i think it gets better and so does he.

Excellent post. I agree completely. I wonder if people are actually paying attention while watching games (or watching them at all). Willis quite definitely could have been better, but the run blocking was atrocious. Go back and look at the film...Soooo many times I saw our fatass linemen either WATCHING Willis getting gang tackled or flat on their back as they just got run over. I have nothing against Rosenhaus and nobody else should either. There is a reason he has so many clients...he gets deals done.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent post. I agree completely. I wonder if people are actually paying attention while watching games (or watching them at all). Willis quite definitely could have been better, but the run blocking was atrocious. Go back and look at the film...Soooo many times I saw our fatass linemen either WATCHING Willis getting gang tackled or flat on their back as they just got run over. I have nothing against Rosenhaus and nobody else should either. There is a reason he has so many clients...he gets deals done.

The problem is McGahee's run style compounds the problem. Many times he needs to just put his head down and plow ahead for 1 or 2 yards (or back to the LoS). Instead he decides he's Gayle Sayers and tries to tiptoe down the line and make a big play. This, inevitably, ends up with the Bills in a 2nd and 12 or 13 situation.

Hmmmm. How do I ensure that no one in Buffalo will block for Willis next season? Oh, I know. I'll call them out on national television.

Real smart, Drew. I can see every OLineman dropping on their belly the first running play of the first full contact drill, then turning around and asking what's left of Willis if he knows how to shut his agent's big fukkin' mouth.

The problem is McGahee's run style compounds the problem. Many times he needs to just put his head down and plow ahead for 1 or 2 yards (or back to the LoS). Instead he decides he's Gayle Sayers and tries to tiptoe down the line and make a big play. This, inevitably, ends up with the Bills in a 2nd and 12 or 13 situation.

Ok I see what you're saying...sometimes he does need to just "plow" ahead as you put it. But if he tries to make something out of nothing...how is he "not trying" and "unmotivated" and all the other things people have been saying about him recently? (not saying you said these things but you know what I mean)

McGahee's not worth all this hassle. If he wanted to get paid, he should've run hard every play. The only time he does hit the hole hard and break one, he ends up throwing up on the sidelines and sitting out the rest of the half. Despite having the talent to be a top notch back, McGahee is a joker and Marv knows it. Let Rosenhaus peddle his talents elsewhere and some other team can worry about whether he is coming to play that Sunday.

Hmmmm. How do I ensure that no one in Buffalo will block for Willis next season? Oh, I know. I'll call them out on national television.

Real smart, Drew. I can see every OLineman dropping on their belly the first running play of the first full contact drill, then turning around and asking what's left of Willis if he knows how to shut his agent's big fukkin' mouth.

I don't know if you actually saw it, and I know nobody wants to hear this, but Rosenhaus didn't actually say anything terrible. And while the original post in this thread has quotation marks, those aren't the words Rosenhaus used. He was actually very careful with the words he chose...when the anchor made the point that McGahee gets plenty of touches, Rosenhaus kinda sighed, and actually paused a good 3, 4 seconds...then he slowly and carefully brought up the subject of the offensive line, but really tried to do so in a way that wouldn't throw them under the bus. I'm drawing a blank on his wording, I really wish I could remember cause I think some posters would see my point. All I can say is Rosenhaus "calling out" our offensive line is far too harsh of a description of what happened. I know alot of you will call bullsh-- because I can't back it up, but whatever, I thought this post was necessary anyway.

when asked why buffalo would want to trade willis, he said "i think its a combination of some things. we havent been able to work out a long term deal yet. and willis has expressed some frustration with being in buffalo and the offense they have."

when countered with the fact that willis gets a LOT of touches, he responded with "i dont like to call out other players, or name names, but the offensive line has been less than expected..." blah blah blah

didnt mention that Willis didnt know the playbook and not knowing which gap to hit or where the hole was supposed to be, probably made the line look just as bad...

I am a little hesitant to believe that rumour. I just can't imagine this coaching staff not using Anthony Thomas more than they did this season were that rumour true. I'm not a big Willis fan, but I'm no hater either and alot people seem to WANT to believe the worst about Willis. I have to hear that one straight from someone in the organization.

I don't know if you actually saw it, and I know nobody wants to hear this, but Rosenhaus didn't actually say anything terrible. And while the original post in this thread has quotation marks, those aren't the words Rosenhaus used. He was actually very careful with the words he chose...when the anchor made the point that McGahee gets plenty of touches, Rosenhaus kinda sighed, and actually paused a good 3, 4 seconds...then he slowly and carefully brought up the subject of the offensive line, but really tried to do so in a way that wouldn't throw them under the bus. I'm drawing a blank on his wording, I really wish I could remember cause I think some posters would see my point. All I can say is Rosenhaus "calling out" our offensive line is far too harsh of a description of what happened. I know alot of you will call bullsh-- because I can't back it up, but whatever, I thought this post was necessary anyway.

you are right, they arent EXACT. but if you had a transcript it would be pretty close. i was typing as he was talking.

and the pause shouldve been used to think about it and chose to just shut up. he already said he doesnt like talking about other players and he couldve dropped it. but he didnt, so he gets called a jerk. thats how it works when the dude acts stupid.

As much as they might like to, the NFL is a cruel place and an O-lineman's performance (or lack thereof) is under the microscope at all times, too. Just ask Villy.

As much as they might like to, the NFL is a cruel place and an O-lineman's performance (or lack thereof) is under the microscope at all times, too. Just ask Villy.

From my experience, players are OK with other former players making observations - but they aren't OK with one of their teammate's agents (or other "representative") or current players doing the same. If Rosenhaus shows his face around practice, I can see him "accidentally" getting run over.

Willis is not going to be popular, no matter what else is reported on the subject. No athlete likes getting their nose rubbed in their failure in the media. Most of them take it personally.

you are right, they arent EXACT. but if you had a transcript it would be pretty close. i was typing as he was talking.

and the pause shouldve been used to think about it and chose to just shut up. he already said he doesnt like talking about other players and he couldve dropped it. but he didnt, so he gets called a jerk. thats how it works when the dude acts stupid.

Listen. The guy did not name names. He just stated that we didn't have a good OL last year. It was improved but compared to the league, it was average or maybe a little under average.

Listen, I am not a McGahee fan anymore and soured on him in the 2005 season but did and still will root for the guy in a Bills uniform but I honestly would trade him for a mid to high 4th in a heart beat.

I'd rather see A train, Shaud Williams, and a draft pick playing RB next year no matter what round we get the guy in. period. Just my opinion and feelings...