Drew Rosenhaus just called out our line

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leinhart was the 24th ranked QB and they have the 18th passing offense.

much better than our 30th ranked passing offense, but still.. top 5 is a stretch

Well they ranked 10th this year in passing yardage and in 2005 they ranked 1st. While Leinart might've been the 24th statisticaly ranked qb overall their passing game was much more productive then ours

What boggles me to this day is at one point during the season, Willis was leading the league in rushing. How do you do that if you don't know the plays? Did he get lucky?

McGahee was leading the league because all the other good backs had already had their bye weeks, and the Bills hadn't yet. Willis wasn't close to the top from the Bills' bye week on.

Well they ranked 10th this year in passing yardage and in 2005 they ranked 1st. While Leinart might've been the 24th statisticaly ranked qb overall their passing game was much more productive then ours

i will correct myself that they had the 10th ranked passing offense, the link i clicked took me to overall offense, my bad.

either way... we're not here to talk about the cardinals. fortunately :worthy:

Probably a lot to do with at the time he also led the league with 99 carries and was on pace for well over 400 carries in the season. Very few rb's can maintain that pace and will be more prone to injuries and tailing off. Such a torrid pace might've made the stats look nice, but it would've done nothing for us over the long haul except burn out our run game. The run blocking overall was downright bad.

Hmmmm. Another thought I have is that not knowing the plays = why WM appeared to be "dancing" so much. If you don't know where the hole is supposed to be, I suppose that it follows that you would dance while you were waiting to see where the hole actually is, and then hit it.

The part where he implies that his client's performance isn't his client's responsibility.

Not part of his job description. And it's not his client's responsiblity. All entities responsible for his client's performance, including his clients, failed. And the one most important failed worse IMO than Willis did.

Not part of his job description. And it's not. All entities responsible for his client's performance, including his clients, failed. And the one most important failed worse IMO than Willis did.

well then you agree with drew and willis. the rest of us actually expect people to take their job seriously and not shirk off blame onto team mates in the public eye.

What part of Rosenhaus's statements were untrue, exaggerated, out of line, short of facts or not 100% correct?

I believe that when he says "we haven't been able to work out a long term deal", the whole story is that the Bills aren't inclined to even discuss it.

well then you agree with drew and willis. the rest of us actually expect people to take their job seriously and not shirk off blame onto team mates in the public eye.

So you think, apparently, it's more important to have a good running back than a good offensive line. You're free to that opinion. Frankly, in most cases, a good line will help an average running back far more than a good running back helps an average line.

I am not agreeing with Willis. I don't recall Willis saying anything about this. I think Willis had a crappy year and has underperformed. The only thing I took umbrage to was that I thought Rosenhaus was basically right in his answer. Our line and run blocking particularly and offense in general was lousy. And I think if it were good, or even pretty good, Willis would have had a 1200 yard season even missing three games and we wouldn't be talking about getting rid of him.

So you think, apparently, it's more important to have a good running back than a good offensive line. You're free to that opinion. Frankly, in most cases, a good line will help an average running back far more than a good running back helps an average line.

I am not agreeing with Willis. I don't recall Willis saying anything about this. I think Willis had a crappy year and has underperformed. The only thing I took umbrage to was that I thought Rosenhaus was basically right in his answer. Our line and run blocking particularly and offense in general was lousy. And I think if it were good, or even pretty good, Willis would have had a 1200 yard season even missing three games and we wouldn't be talking about getting rid of him.

i never said its better to have a good RB. you made that part up. all i said was that its just as much Willis' fault as it is our line. and for Rosenhaus to punk off McGahee's lack of production onto a group of other players is a classless act.

im not saying our line was great by any means. im not happy with the line and expect major improvements. but he blamed willis' horrible year on the line, completely.

you agree with that?

i never said its better to have a good RB. you made that part up. all i said was that its just as much Willis' fault as it is our line. and for Rosenhaus to punk off McGahee's lack of production onto a group of other players is a classless act.

im not saying our line was great by any means. im not happy with the line and expect major improvements. but he blamed willis' horrible year on the line, completely.

you agree with that?

He's an agent. That's his job. It's like a PR firm. What he said is true. He's never going to say my guy is bad, he would be doing a disservice to his guy. The real bad-guy in this entire ordeal and thread is ESPN for actually interviewing Rosenhaus, or any agent, in the first place.

I don't have a high opinion of Willis and I certainly don't know how the coaches feel about him, but I don't like the idea of letting him go. I think he has the talent to be a very good back. I think his attitude and maturity are questionable but also correctable. With some mentoring and some dedication on his part he might be great. He might figure this out in Buffalo or elsewhere and why not now as a Bill? Last year had to be a learning experience for him. He might respond well to that with some help. Bills have a lot invested in him. Seems silly to throw in the towel unless the coaches are convinced he can't/won't deliver on the field what they want. Otherwise, why not try to sign him to a cap friendly incentive laden extension?

He's an agent. That's his job. It's like a PR firm. What he said is true. He's never going to say my guy is bad, he would be doing a disservice to his guy. The real bad-guy in this entire ordeal and thread is ESPN for actually interviewing Rosenhaus, or any agent, in the first place.

you are right, and i dont expect him to say Willis is bad. but he couldve just stopped at "we cant seem to work out a long term deal" and end it at that.

he went out of his way to mention that willis wasnt happy BECAUSE of the performance of other players.

he's a scumbag. its nothing new. but its just another example of why we dont want to deal with re-signing fletcher and why we wont re-sign McGahee.

Not part of his job description. And it's not his client's responsiblity. All entities responsible for his client's performance, including his clients, failed. And the one most important failed worse IMO than Willis did.

No, it's almost completely antithetical to his job description.

Nevertheless, "My client needs to be somewhere where other people will allow him to do his job" is horseshit. That it's his job to shovel that horseshit doesn't make it any less horseshit.

What part of Rosenhaus's statements were untrue, exaggerated, out of line, short of facts or not 100% correct?

none, the guy makes accurate points. who wouldn't doubt a team that's been in constant turmoil since you joined them with an owner that says they can't compete and have to be moved?

how about we get some stability and a better group of players on both sides of the ball and then we talk. i'd like to see willis here at least next season for levy's sophomore return because i think it gets better and so does he.