Bills re-sign Jabari Greer

Ramius

so presuming they re-sign Kiwaukee, that puts us with McGee, Youboty, Greer, and Thomas under contract. That's only space for one more CB, I think.

Right, and I think that's smart. We're losing Nate and there is zero guarantee even if you bring a guy like Nick Harper in and offer him a good deal that he will sign. Greer and Thomas are decent #3, pretty solid #4 and good #5 guys. Youboty is a complete unknown thus far.

Right, and I think that's smart. We're losing Nate and there is zero guarantee even if you bring a guy like Nick Harper in and offer him a good deal that he will sign. Greer and Thomas are decent #3, pretty solid #4 and good #5 guys. Youboty is a complete unknown thus far.

Right. Not having any clue about Youbouty makes me worry. They will have to go that route in free agency or the draft. But they will have to get someone to start right away. Also Mcgee on the other side isnt much to right home about.

Right. Not having any clue about Youbouty makes me worry. They will have to go that route in free agency or the draft. But they will have to get someone to start right away. Also Mcgee on the other side isnt much to right home about.

I think we find out what the coaches think of Youbouty when/if Clements leaves. If they don't go after a FA CB or draft one high, then I think we have our answer - they see Youbouty as an adequate replacement for Clements. Until then, I agree, its a huge unknown.

I think we find out what the coaches think of Youbouty when/if Clements leaves. If they don't go after a FA CB or draft one high, then I think we have our answer - they see Youbouty as an adequate replacement for Clements. Until then, I agree, its a huge unknown.

I think they go after a guy like Nick Harper who has played the position in Cover-2, could be a solid stopgap starter for two years while Youboty matures.

I think they go after a guy like Nick Harper who has played the position in Cover-2, could be a solid stopgap starter for two years while Youboty matures.

And that's pretty much how I see it as well. However, if they don't bring in another FA then it tells me they think Youbouty is ready now.

Either way, I see no sense in drafting a CB to replace Nate. How could a true rookie be better than Youbouty? (Unless, he really sucks wind big time.) So, if they see Youbouty as having that potential, all we need is a reasonably priced stop gap.

Just watched the second Jets game again last week, Youboty played very well. In fact, I give him partial credit for why Noodle Arm Chad got sacked so many times. There was nowhere to go with the ball. Sure you can point to Kiwaukee and Nate(McGee was hurt) but, the Jets used slot receivers a lot - and that was Youboty's job. He also looked good against the few runs he was in on. I HOPE that he is ready to step up to the starting CB spot, because there is convincing evidence that he can at least handle the nickel - yeah it's one game, but do we expect him to decline? So, I don't agree that he is an "unknown". Hopefully we know enough about him that we don't take a CB in the first round. :worthy:

Just watched the second Jets game again last week, Youboty played very well. In fact, I give him partial credit for why Noodle Arm Chad got sacked so many times. There was nowhere to go with the ball. Sure you can point to Kiwaukee and Nate(McGee was hurt) but, the Jets used slot receivers a lot - and that was Youboty's job. He also looked good against the few runs he was in on. I HOPE that he is ready to step up to the starting CB spot, because there is convincing evidence that he can at least handle the nickel - yeah it's one game, but do we expect him to decline? So, I don't agree that he is an "unknown". Hopefully we know enough about him that we don't take a CB in the first round. :worthy:

I have hopes for him but to me he is a complete unknown as a starter. There are a lot of CBs in the NFL who are decent to good #3 CBs who can guard a guy in the slot, usually because that guy is the #3 WR on the team they are playing, and/or a smaller player who isn't as tough a match-up. Jabari Greer and Kiwi Thomas are pretty good slot/nickel CBs but I wouldn't want them starting.

I'm actually a Kiwaukee fan, so I'm hoping he comes back. If we can grab someone like Nick Harper as well, I'd feel fairly comfortable with this group.