Jerry Sullivan gives it to Willis with both barrels

duey

Some of you guys may want to take a look at the census and what is happening in the real world.

I am not saying that Willis made the decision that I would have made, but his situation is far from an isolated incident in today's society.

I am so glad that we have the paragons of virtue writing columns for the Buffalo News and posting on this board.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Sullivan, just like many on this board, did not bother to mention the following:
"I got a lotta love for Buffalo," he said. "I thank God for the whole situation. I'm trying to make them proud. I'm trying to do some things here."

That omission tells you all you need to know about Sullivan. I also am convinced that Sullivan posts on this board.

yeah...well after he gets done spreading his "love" all over Miami, I hope he practices a safe form of spreading his love in Western NY.

Some of you guys may want to take a look at the census and what is happening in the real world.

I am not saying that Willis made the decision that I would have made, but his situation is far from an isolated incident in today's society.

I am so glad that we have the paragons of virtue writing columns for the Buffalo News and posting on this board.

there in lies the problem as I see it.

it is bad behavior that is becoming accepted behavior.

That omission tells you all you need to know about Sullivan. I also am convinced that Sullivan posts on this board.

yeah...well after he gets done spreading his "love" all over Miami, I hope he practices a safe form of spreading his love in Western NY.

In case some of you do not know (and I have a feeling that some of you do not - including Jerry Sullivan), it takes two to tango.

See my sig.

PTR

Thank you. this has been my point all along. I wouldnt have made that decision either, but to think that the entire world is composed of nice little happy families with a mommy and a daddy is laughable. People need to stop living under a rock.

I don't consider taking an active role in the raising of a child an act of a "paragon of virtue". Ordinary schmucks like most of us on this board and our parents, grandparents and all have been doing it for centuries without so much as a pat on the back. You may consider it outstandingly virtuous behavior...I still think of it as a pretty basic expectation if your going to father a child.

i think willis is a poor decision maker and too carefree with impregnating these women, but i blame them more than him.

these women chose to have sex with willis, chose not to use protection, and then chose to have the child. it is their choice, not willis' to have these kids and IMO they are prolly doing it to get a paycheck from a sports star.

far from a lowlife, he just has sex with the wrong girls.

That's a bit of a stretch I think.. However, it's not like women don't try to have children with sports stars on purpose. Remember the female reporter and Julias Irving? She had a daughter who is a tennis star now. The mom admitted she wanted Dr. J's love goo in her, not to extort support money, but for the chance to have an athletically gifted child.

PTR

I can't quite figure out why people think we can get a 1st or 2nd round pick for Willis. What has he done to earn that high of a pick?

I would say Travis Henry did a lot more during his years in Buffalo than Willis has done, and what did we get for him? People are always quick to say that RB is the easiest position to fill via FA or the draft. So why would some team offer up a #1 pick for a guy who really hasn't done a whole lot so far?

If we want to trade him, we'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

3 kids and 3 moms in less than 3 years is bad. The term "low-life," however, is harsh and loaded. It seems to me that the sports writers at the Buffalo News drew straws and Sullivan lost. As a result, it was on him to highlight every negative aspect of Willis' brief tenure in Buffalo, without giving him the benefit of the doubt on any issue.

So here's my $0.02

LISTEN UP WILLIS:

Were the women gold diggers? It's likely, but also unfair for me to speak to their character. But, c'mon Willis. You're an African-American professional athlete and in the eyes of fertile females (13-40 years of age), you've had a bulls-eye on your crotch since you were fifteen.

Have you been a part of paltry offense running behind dismal OL for most of you NFL career? You have, but to my knowledge Buffalo has yet to enlist a ringer for any of the last 6 Jets games.

Are you replaceable? Yes and you have no bargaining leverage with this new regime.

Lastly, your comments about moving the Bills to Toronto were outrageously ignorant. Talk about poking a nerve. Buffalo fans are devoted, well educated, and hard to please. Assuming you're able, I have to believe you've picked up a paper in the last four months which has expressed the community's swelling dissapproval of your performance and your inability to make the right decisions OFF the field. SO WHY EVEN AGREE TO AN INTERVIEW WITH PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE? It's a smutty publication notorious for its exploitation of midgets, firemen, and the female genitalia. Evidently your lip-syncing charade for the NLF Network commercials didn't turn over the publicity you had anticipated.

that is the stupidest thing i have read in quite some time.

don't be such a pc kitty.

these women are grown up and know about birth control. they also have the right to choose, and chose to have the child. they also knew they were sleeping with

a pro athlete with a big reputation as a hurricane and massive income potential. they are now getting a paycheck for 18+ years.

instead of waving around your little good guy badge why don't you take a look at this funny place called reality?

don't be such a pc kitty.

these women are grown up and know about birth control. they also have the right to choose, and chose to have the child. they also knew they were sleeping with

a pro athlete with a big reputation as a hurricane and massive income potential. they are now getting a paycheck for 18+ years.

instead of waving around your little good guy badge why don't you take a look at this funny place called reality?

You're giving Willis way too much credit, man. As a professional athlete it's his job to be responsible and avoid those situations. He's not the only pro-athlete with females clawing at his door...

Very funny.

He is a tool. I have a feeling that he was one of those guys that got picked on in high school. Writing his column is his way to get back at the world.

I was calling Sullivan out for bashing Tom Donahoe for drafting an "obvious bust" like Mike Williams. I reminded him that 4 years earlier he was gushing about TD for making that pick. That's when Jerry started crying for his mommy.

PTR

try taking some more classes in reading comprehension. its apparently not your strong suit. I wasnt defending willis's actions, as i stated roughly 3 times. I dont agree with him. I stated that 3 times too. My point was, who the hell is jerry sullivan to determine that willis is a low life because he's had kids out of wedlock?

I'll be sure to inform my friends that are single parents that they are low-lifes, because they had kids out of wedlock. Gotta love the TBD morality police.

#1 -- I don't read everything you write. I responded to a specific post. I also didn't attack you, I posed a question and stated my opinion.

#2 -- Sullivan writes an editorial column and is entitled to express his opinion, which in this case is pretty much dead-on with how a LOT of people feel.

#3 -- Your last sentence is absolutely ridiculous; talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Minnesota, Jets, Browns, Cowboys, Texans.

I think we could work a deal. Maybe he could go to Houston and pay child on the bye week with Eric Moulds.

Chester Taylor had a excellent year for the Vikings.

The Cowboys do have a 2 headed monster in Jones and Barber.

The Texans could have a RB, if Davis does come back from his knee injury

The Jets and Browns truly don't have a starting RB and the Jets won't mind getting McGahee for two reason...one they can get a every down back...second they can avoid a bills RB running 100+ yards everytime they face him.

You're giving Willis way too much credit, man. As a professional athlete it's his job to be responsible and avoid those situations. He's not the only pro-athlete with females clawing at his door...

i've certainly called him a fool a number of times, i just think the idea that he is a low life because he has out of wedlock kids is dumb. he's a dumb jock who loves to get laid and is a sucker for every woman who wants to get pregnant or is too dumb not too.

what bothers me is the self rightious posturing by goofs like the guy i quoted above (not you) who think that all women must be perfect creatures of virtue just becuase they can barely get any and feel beyond greatful for any woman with poor enough judgement to let them pop a cork in them.

I can't quite figure out why people think we can get a 1st or 2nd round pick for Willis. What has he done to earn that high of a pick?

I would say Travis Henry did a lot more during his years in Buffalo than Willis has done, and what did we get for him? People are always quick to say that RB is the easiest position to fill via FA or the draft. So why would some team offer up a #1 pick for a guy who really hasn't done a whole lot so far?

If we want to trade him, we'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him.

You might be right, but times have changed.

There is a real lack of talented free agents, and there might be more trades because teams will have the cap room to absorb the accelerated signing bonuses, unlike past seasons.

Imo a 2nd is within the realm of possibility.