20 RB's in a 32 team league are better than McGahee

RShirley

It says CITY population there. I specifically mentioned metro area.because city population means little. Boston--a huge metro area--has only 400,000 or so residents. Look at wikipedia

And I specifically mentioned the city.

What don't you get?

The point is, the 5th largest city in North America is large enough to support an NFL team.

Edit:

Also to cite YOUR source (wiki) Toronoto metropolitan area has a greater population than Dallas metro, Philly metro, Boston metro....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto

Toronto metro population - 5.9 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_metropolitan_area

Philly metro - 5,823,233

Boston metro - 4,411,835

Dallas metro - 5,819,475

Baltimore metro - 2,655,675

I don't think much of Wiki as a source, but if you are going to use it to say that the Toronto metro area is significantly smaller than these areas, I'll use it to show that is not quite the case.

By making that comment, Willis was being disloyal to the City of Buffalo and the fans of their beloved Bills. You're right, he clearly isn't worried about the "feelings" of Bills fans. I'm not worried about Willis' feelings either. I just think he should do what he does best and go f himself.

i can agree with that

By making that comment, Willis was being disloyal to the City of Buffalo and the fans of their beloved Bills. You're right, he clearly isn't worried about the "feelings" of Bills fans. I'm not worried about Willis' feelings either. I just think he should do what he does best and go f himself.

"I got a lotta love for Buffalo," he said. "I thank God for the whole situation. I'm trying to make them proud. I'm trying to do some things here."

Moulds was speaking on behalf OF the locker room and as the longest tenured veteran on the team.

That is the first time I ever heard him speaking ON BEHALF OF the locker room... :bag:

Travis was speaking out after Willis was drafted (a year removed from a Pro Bowl).

Yes. He should have shut his mouth and showed that in his game, especially when McGahee was not going to play the year he was drafted.

Willis is talking after a sub par year filled with hype and inconsistent play.

Again, what did he talk bad that is messing the bills or the locker room....

Thank-you.............anybody that doesn't take just a little offense to what he said, imo is not a die-hard Bills fan. I think an athlete owes just a little bit of loyalty to the city and the fans in which he plays. Not that anything out of that buffons mouth matters, but it was a clear slap in the face to the fans that have had to suffer through watching him play like a bumbling fool for three years, to say the Bills should move to Toronto.

I suggest you actually read the article before crucifying WM.

I recall having a pretty crappy o-line in 2002 and 2003 as well. Yet, Travis Henry managed 1438 and 1356 yards in those season with 13 and 10 touchdowns respectively. I don't mean that to be a comparison of the two backs per se, but a good back can still flourish even with a poor offensive line.

But you would agree that having a decent O-line certainly makes for good if not great RB production. Who was on the O-line when Travis was our feature back ? I dont remember.

Thank-you.............anybody that doesn't take just a little offense to what he said, imo is not a die-hard Bills fan.

Maybe we can steer clear of calling out other fans' bonafides, especially on the basis of their reaction to a single quote by an admittedly not-too-sharp football player.

But you would agree that having a decent O-line certainly makes for good if not great RB production. Who was on the O-line when Travis was our feature back ? I dont remember.

As far as I can remember LT- Jonas Jennings Lg- Reuben Brown C- Trey Teague Rg-? RT- Mike Williams.

Even though henry performed well overall our rush offense has not been good. No wonder we haven't made the postseason. Like you said having a decent oline is key.

Our rushing offensive stats the past few years.

24th in 02 21st in 03 13th in 04, 20th in 05, 27th 06.

Numbers like this reflect on overall rush offense. Which is as big an indicator of poor run blocking then anything else. It's the simplest of formulas. Winning football starts in the trenches. Not in skill position players.

"I got a lotta love for Buffalo," he said. "I thank God for the whole situation. I'm trying to make them proud. I'm trying to do some things here."

You mean the kind of love Ike Turner had for Tina?

I don't think God is happy about the whole three baby momma situation.

He's "Talkin Proud"! Gee, he puts a whole new spin on that slogan.

Try a little harder Willis, 1000 yards should be a lay up for the best runningback in the NFL.

BTW, I already read those golden nuggets Pete. Thanks just the same.

What a bunch of over sensitive crybabies. LOFL! We must have the biggest sissy fans in the NFL.,,

Stop looking at the glass half empty, it's half full to me!

What are you the official crybaby cop? Thats the second thread you've used this putdown.

BTW, your boyfriend Willis runs like a sissy.

You guys really should get your priorities straight about what constitutes a good guy and bad guy. Willis, a single guy, has three kids with three different mothers. Maybe not the smartest move, or moral compass. Illegal? No. Hurt anyone? Doesn't seem to. None of them seem to have any ill will toward him at all. In fact, just the opposite. They all seem to say he is taking care of his responsibilities. And I'm sure the fact that he is a fun guy, and famous football player with a million dollar contract had zero to do with these women having sex with him and making sure safe sex was involved. But I'm sure all you churchgoers never do anything immoral.

Hate him as a player if you want, although he is very good and I guarantee you the Bills coaches think so, and the rest of the league thinks so. You hear it all the time. The guy keeps in great shape, works his ass off year round, plays hard, plays hurt all the time, knows the playbook, doesn't miss practice or assignments. His teammates seem to like him a lot. I don't know of him breaking the law, I don't know of anyone that doesn't like him as a person, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him at all, except you guys. There are a ton of players on this team and in this league who are slimeballs, mean to fans and kids and their wives and girlfriends and teammates and coaches. It ain't Willis as far as I know.

Does he underachieve? Probably. But it is not a lack of effort. Is he an academic All-American? Hardly. Has he ever threatened to sit out? Has he ever done anything to a teammate? Has he ever said anything against a coach or teammate or fan? He even was good friends with Travis, according to him and Travis, and said they used to come over to each other's pads to play video games.

He said he thought he was the best running back in the league. Guess what? He was honest. There are 20-30 RBs in this league that think they're the best RB in the league and they would be lying to you if they said no when asked by a reporter. But you guys would rather hear a lie than a guy without a filter on his feelings. Frankly, I want Willis to think he's the best running back in the league. I want JP to think he's the best QB and Lee Evans to think he's the best WR and Jason Peters to think he's the best LT.

It's a legitimate criticism to say that he isn't what we hoped he'd become by now. He's not. It's a legitimate criticism to say he dances too much, and should probably hit the hole harder more often. It's a legitimate opinion to say he's an average back at best, although that is simply an opinion. But to hate on Willis as a man or teammate or guy is just plain ignorant. More ignorant than you think he is.

What are you the official crybaby cop? Thats the second thread you've used this putdown.

BTW, your boyfriend Willis runs like a sissy.

It's easy to use it cause people are always crying and whining!

I never said Willis is great, but if you think he's "below average" then you are an idiot.

Who cares what he does in his spare time...you must have no life if your feathers are ruffled everytime Willis says something stupid. (Which he does from time to time, nothing new there)

Wahhhhhhhh Willis said the Bills should move! Wahhhhhh Willis got 3 women pregnant! Wahhhhh Willis this, Willis that!

He's not the elite back most Bills fans want...but he's a good back and he's never done anything that has merited the way alot of fans treat him or at least talk about him.

If Bills fans want to cry about something...how about the kitty ass guards we have that can't run block worth a damn...and a center that gets blown off the ball 3 out of 4 plays.

I think it's funny actually, and sad at the same time.

I think Ralph Wilson said it best when he said that the running back has been a disappointment. Not only is he a below average starting running back on the field, he is an embarassment off the field as well. I am not referring to the fact that he has fathered three kids with three different woman in the past year either. To deliberately "bite the hand that feeds you", by saying that if they were going to put a NFL team in Toronto they should just put the Bills there, is inexcusable. Many will argue that his comments were taken out of context and he was asked a hypothetical question, but it leaves no question as to what he really thinks of the city of Buffalo and its fans. As a season ticket holder, I would be sickened to spend my hard earned money to have to watch an average to below average ingrateful idiot with his level of class be rewarded with a huge contract in city that he just publicly embarrassed. I am fully confident that Marv and Ralph, realize that neither his talent level nor his character, are a good fit with what we are trying to build here in Buffalo. I have prepared a list of the running backs in this league that I would choose over Willis strictly based on performace, that prove that he is a below average back.

RB's I would rather have:

1. Ronnie Brown

2. Maroney

3. Rudi Johnson

4. Maurice Jones-Drew

5. Joseph Addai

6. L.T.

7. Larry Johnson

8. Travis Henry

9. Julius Jones

10. Tiki Barber (retiring)

11. Brian Westbrook

12. Shaun Alexander

13. Frank Gore

14. Stephen Jackson

15. Edgerrin James

16. Thomas Jones

17. Clinton Portis

18. Deuce McAllister

19. Reggie Bush

20. Warrick Dunn

Exaggerate much? Surprised you didn't include Derrick Holmes.

You guys really should get your priorities straight about what constitutes a good guy and bad guy. Willis, a single guy, has three kids with three different mothers. Maybe not the smartest move, or moral compass. Illegal? No. Hurt anyone? Doesn't seem to. None of them seem to have any ill will toward him at all. In fact, just the opposite. They all seem to say he is taking care of his responsibilities. And I'm sure the fact that he is a fun guy, and famous football player with a million dollar contract had zero to do with these women having sex with him and making sure safe sex was involved. But I'm sure all you churchgoers never do anything immoral.

I wouldn't call him a bad human being, just a dumba$$. Yeah he pays his child support, but the problem I have with the situation is that he seems to not learn much from these life lessons. I dunno, maybe I'm way off and this is what he thinks is the right way to do things. But it just reeks of stupidity and being irresponsible to me. I mean get a rubber for crying out loud. I'm willing to bet he didn't intend to father those kids, and probably wishes he didn't. I used to go to McDonalds every spring spring and get a shamrock shake. And every single year after about four pulls on the straw (only one of which would yield any of the shake) I'd throw it out and say to myself "Man, those suck. Im never getting one again". Finnaly though, I learned my lesson and never bought another one. Or McDonalds cancelled them. I can't recall. Anyway, the point is it made me a dumb$$. And when you do something like that with human beings, that I'm sure is hitting you hard in the wallet, you are really a duma$$.

Hate him as a player if you want, although he is very good and I guarantee you the Bills coaches think so, and the rest of the league thinks so. You hear it all the time. The guy keeps in great shape, works his ass off year round, plays hard, plays hurt all the time, knows the playbook, doesn't miss practice or assignments. His teammates seem to like him a lot. I don't know of him breaking the law, I don't know of anyone that doesn't like him as a person, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about him at all, except you guys. There are a ton of players on this team and in this league who are slimeballs, mean to fans and kids and their wives and girlfriends and teammates and coaches. It ain't Willis as far as I know.

I can't argue with that.

Does he underachieve? Probably. But it is not a lack of effort. Is he an academic All-American? Hardly. Has he ever threatened to sit out? Has he ever done anything to a teammate? Has he ever said anything against a coach or teammate or fan? He even was good friends with Travis, according to him and Travis, and said they used to come over to each other's pads to play video games.

This is the one thing that gets me. I don't think for a second that Willis underchieves. I really don't. I think he gives his all, ever game, just like 99% of the league does. It's just too competitve for anyone to rest on their laurels and get away with it for very long.

He said he thought he was the best running back in the league. Guess what? He was honest. There are 20-30 RBs in this league that think they're the best RB in the league and they would be lying to you if they said no when asked by a reporter. But you guys would rather hear a lie than a guy without a filter on his feelings. Frankly, I want Willis to think he's the best running back in the league. I want JP to think he's the best QB and Lee Evans to think he's the best WR and Jason Peters to think he's the best LT.

No offense, but when talking about LT and Willis, stats aren't the only category that don't match up well. LT is a class act, to the point that the media is enamored with the guy. Perhaps it's due in part to the fact that many guys who perform at such a high lever can be jerks, and the press is just pleasantly surprised at his demeanor. The point is, I have heard LT asked similar questions, and his responses to to show humility rather than bravado. Again, you would be right in saying it doesn't make Willis bad, but it's another facet of his character that rubs me the wrong way. He doesn't have to lie, but he could use a heavy dose of tact.

It's a legitimate criticism to say that he isn't what we hoped he'd become by now. He's not. It's a legitimate criticism to say he dances too much, and should probably hit the hole harder more often. It's a legitimate opinion to say he's an average back at best, although that is simply an opinion. But to hate on Willis as a man or teammate or guy is just plain ignorant. More ignorant than you think he is.

Why is wanting him to be replaced "hating" on him? Hell, I used to play Halo 2 with him, I don't hate him. As fans, we feel like the team is a representation or extension of ourselves. Yeah, it's kinda pitiful, but that's what a lot of fans do. So why is it a surprise that many fans don't want a dumba$$ who isn't putting up good numbers? I can take one or the other, but not both. When Josh Reed was in a rut, I still wanted him on the team because he was a total class act all the way. He is a really nice guy, so there is something positive about his presence for me as a fan. Then you have someone like TO (no, Willis is nowhere near TO on the extreme end of the retard scale) who fans will tolerate because he at least posts good numbers.

I wouldn't call him a bad human being, just a dumba$$. Yeah he pays his child support, but the problem I have with the situation is that he seems to not learn much from these life lessons. I dunno, maybe I'm way off and this is what he thinks is the right way to do things. But it just reeks of stupidity and being irresponsible to me. I mean get a rubber for crying out loud. I'm willing to bet he didn't intend to father those kids, and probably wishes he didn't. I used to go to McDonalds every spring spring and get a shamrock shake. And every single year after about four pulls on the straw (only one of which would yield any of the shake) I'd throw it out and say to myself "Man, those suck. Im never getting one again". Finnaly though, I learned my lesson and never bought another one. Or McDonalds cancelled them. I can't recall. Anyway, the point is it made me a dumb$$. And when you do something like that with human beings, that I'm sure is hitting you hard in the wallet, you are really a duma$$.

I can't argue with that.

This is the one thing that gets me. I don't think for a second that Willis underchieves. I really don't. I think he gives his all, ever game, just like 99% of the league does. It's just too competitve for anyone to rest on their laurels and get away with it for very long.

No offense, but when talking about LT and Willis, stats aren't the only category that don't match up well. LT is a class act, to the point that the media is enamored with the guy. Perhaps it's due in part to the fact that many guys who perform at such a high lever can be jerks, and the press is just pleasantly surprised at his demeanor. The point is, I have heard LT asked similar questions, and his responses to to show humility rather than bravado. Again, you would be right in saying it doesn't make Willis bad, but it's another facet of his character that rubs me the wrong way. He doesn't have to lie, but he could use a heavy dose of tact.

Why is wanting him to be replaced "hating" on him? Hell, I used to play Halo 2 with him, I don't hate him. As fans, we feel like the team is a representation or extension of ourselves. Yeah, it's kinda pitiful, but that's what a lot of fans do. So why is it a surprise that many fans don't want a dumba$$ who isn't putting up good numbers? I can take one or the other, but not both. When Josh Reed was in a rut, I still wanted him on the team because he was a total class act all the way. He is a really nice guy, so there is something positive about his presence for me as a fan. Then you have someone like TO (no, Willis is nowhere near TO on the extreme end of the retard scale) who fans will tolerate because he at least posts good numbers.

I can agree with almost all of that. IMO, however, a large portion of posters here, but not all, are equating uneducated and unintelligent with being a jerk and being a bad person, and they are mutually exclusive. They are also often equating Willis's clear cavalier attitude toward the press as being a bad guy, and a football player that we don't want because he's a bad guy. And those are mutually exclusive, too. To me, Willis talking to the press is VERY refreshing. He desn't give a schitt what people think of him or what he says. He's always having fun, always playing jokes, always just the happy-go-lucky goofball. He doesn't put on a show, he doesn't try to be someone he's not, he's honest. So what? That doesn't apply to his play on the field, or his work ethic. If it did, I would think it's a huge problem but it's not.

And frankly, I have a lot of friends, both women and men, who have had kids at a young age with sexual partners that were not their girlfriends or wives, and they think those kids are the best thing that ever happened to them, and are great parents, and have great kids.

I can agree with almost all of that. IMO, however, a large portion of posters here, but not all, are equating uneducated and unintelligent with being a jerk and being a bad person, and they are mutually exclusive. They are also often equating Willis's clear cavalier attitude toward the press as being a bad guy, and a football player that we don't want because he's a bad guy. And those are mutually exclusive, too. To me, Willis talking to the press is VERY refreshing. He desn't give a schitt what people think of him or what he says. He's always having fun, always playing jokes, always just the happy-go-lucky goofball. He doesn't put on a show, he doesn't try to be someone he's not, he's honest. So what? That doesn't apply to his play on the field, or his work ethic. If it did, I would think it's a huge problem but it's not.

And frankly, I have a lot of friends, both women and men, who have had kids at a young age with sexual partners that were not their girlfriends or wives, and they think those kids are the best thing that ever happened to them, and are great parents, and have great kids.

Both this post and the one above from you are good. My only criticism is that I don't think McGahee is as good as you think he is. You're right about coaches and players saying they like him, but I've always found that runners who can dish out punishment between the tackles tend to get a bit more respect than their production merits. I remember Keith Bullock saying that Travis Henry (when he played for the Bills) was one of the very best runners in the league because of his ability to dish out punishment and run people over. But this sort of perspective doesn't factor in a runner's complete game. I mean a guy like Warrick Dunn, who doesn't get the credit he deserves (I think), is incredibly productive. Same with Charlie Garner in his prime. I'd prefer a running back like that, to be honest -- they do so much more for you in the passing game.