Go Boise State......

Lv-Bills

its late, and i concede that it is not a great example. But the truth is that there needs to be a playoff system. All these other games are meaningless to me.

I do agree with you on the playoff thing.

I think BCS is cool though, you play for pride and it's all big schools and theres lots of money invloved. But the rest of the bowls are useless. And i think i only like BSC cuz it matches up a solid team vs. a solid team, which is what a 16 team playoff would do anyways so i totally agree with you. lol i just wanted to point out the bad comparison to the nfl... lol.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

much better than "my senior year we went into playoffs 13-0 and then, in the 2nd round, got killed by USC 43-0"

that's just why i want a playoff system (16 teams being the best IMO) just to make people like you just shut up!! Boise State is unbeaten , has beaten the Big12 Champs and we have to read those "they'd get killed by USC 43-0"... you know what ? That's all those Broncos 'd like : to play vs the big boys to see if they are not the best team in the nation. Give them that one chance!!! And if Florida beat OSU i know who are MY national Champs: The Broncos of Boise State!

I wish that I'd watched it live! I only saw the highlights when the game was over. UNBELIEVABLE! They did a pretty good recap in the next sportcenter. I'll definitely try and catch that on replay. (please replay that game!) It's even better since David got to stomp Goliath and to do it in spectacular fashion! Now they need to hang onto their coach.

When I saw the RB proposing to his girlfriend, I suddenly realized that I was watching a feel-good sports movie unfold live before my very eyes. I was expecting the coach or one of the players to dedicate the game to a dying child.

I didn't see the game, but this is the perfect example of why I hate the BCS....it kills the underdog. Sure, maybe it would only happen once in a while, but with a tourney you at least give the underdog a chance to be great.

"Any Given Day" doesn't exist for a lot of teams in college football, and the sport is worse off because of it, IMO.

I wish that I'd watched it live! I only saw the highlights when the game was over. UNBELIEVABLE! They did a pretty good recap in the next sportcenter. I'll definitely try and catch that on replay. (please replay that game!) It's even better since David got to stomp Goliath and to do it in spectacular fashion! Now they need to hang onto their coach.

I watched the start, and then OU rallied and I figured that midnight had passed for Cindy so I switched the channel and never went back to check on the game. Then this morning I saw the highlights :) . Oh well...

Funny you should mention David and Goliath...that was the analogy used by the broadcasters when the gave their points to the game. "Don't give David any rocks" guess OU wasn't listening. Hope ICE isn't too despondent.

Unbelievable ending. In the 3rd quarter when the OU punt went off the ankle of the Boise State player, you could sense the momentum change. After the INT for the TD, the OU fans were probably thinking "we are going to celebrate tonight". Then, not only do they get kicked in the nuts on the hook and ladder play, they get beat on a direct snap and TD pass by a WR, followed by a coach going for 2 and pulling it off with a statue of liberty play.

I wouldn't call it the best game I've ever seen as in just the past few years we've seen OSU/Miami, Texas/USC and UM/OSU games that were better from start to finish. But I do admit that when they pulled off the hook&lateral I was jumping up and down in my living room at 1:00am living and dying with a team that I'd hadn't really watched all year.

The most amazing thing to me was that a BoiseSt team that hadn't even playeed in a month was able to perfectly execute soooooo many complicated nontraditional calls under immense pressure without turning the ball over, taking any penalties or making one single mistake. Their head coaches composure and guts in the 4thqrtr/OT obviously manifested itself in the players execution and that ended up being one of the best coached most well-prepared teams I have ever seen in any sport at any level.

Sure would be nice to watch them handing Pete Carroll his ass next weekend. :)

On a side note, why dont we ever see these kinds of plays in the NFL?

Because when they don't work the all-knowing fanbase has a hissy-fit and people lose their jobs.

I wouldn't call it the best game I've ever seen as in just the past few years we've seen OSU/Miami, Texas/USC and UM/OSU games that were better from start to finish. But I do admit that when they pulled off the hook&lateral I was jumping up and down in my living room at 1:00am living and dying with a team that I'd hadn't really watched all year.

The most amazing thing to me was that a BoiseSt team that hadn't even playeed in a month was able to perfectly execute soooooo many complicated nontraditional calls under immense pressure without turning the ball over, taking any penalties or making one single mistake. Their head coaches composure and guts in the 4thqrtr/OT obviously manifested itself in the players execution and that ended up being one of the best coached most well-prepared teams I have ever seen in any sport at any level.

Sure would be nice to watch them handing Pete Carroll his ass next weekend. :doh:

Because when they don't work the all-knowing fanbase has a hissy-fit and people lose their jobs.

you will have to settle for Urban Meyer handing it to Jim Tressel. :)

Michigan sure looked like a bunch of pretenders. How good is Ohio State D if they let up 42 to that offense?

Wow.....I never even thought of the Florida angle now. I'm a Penn State fan, and root for the Big Ten teams in the bowl games.....however, now, I have to root for Florida. I mean, if Florida can win, does Boise get some votes to be #1?

That would make for a great stink to end this stupid ass BCS crap and head full steam toward a playoff.

I had fallen asleep early in the game...and woke up right after it ended. But I was awake enough to watch some of the FOX postgame show...

Wow...what an ending. I thought Boise State had a chance, but I never in a thousand years thought the game would end like that. Boise State is now the only team in history to win a National Junior College title, a 1-AA championship, and a BCS bowl.

We've now had three terrific games in the last four years that people may be talking about forever:

Last night.

Last year's Rose Bowl.

The 2002 Fiesta Bowl (and you knew I was putting that one in there). :)

This is the best college football game ever......

#1 I mean, you already had the David vs. Goliath thing being built up. It played out accordingly.

#2 Boise, the underdog, goes up early 14-0, energizing the game to a different level.

#3 Oklahoma starts to find their groove, and starts coming back slowly but surely.

#4 Severe emotional swing when Homa pulls within two it and then gets three attempts a tie...and does.

#5 Colossal mistake by Boise's QB to give Homa the lead by 7 on the next play with 1:00 left.

#6 First 4th and 18 hook and lateral play for a TD that re-energizes the stadium.

#7 Homa scores again, and everything thinks, no way Boise can come back again.

#8 Boise runs the 4th and goal play with a WR throwing it to a TE, while the QB was in motion. TD

#9 Guts, sack, nads, stones, whatever you call it....go for the win, and get it on a statue of liberty play.

UN-FUGGIN-REAL.

Best college football game ever. Hands down. The Texas game last year was sweet, and any fan could respect how awesome it was to watch VY carry the Horns. But this game pulled you in, and had you rooting for Boise State and experiencing mood swings like Boise State was the Bills or one of your own teams. I'm not sure I would have watched the whole game if Boise hadn't gone up early, but I'm glad I did.

It was that good!

you will have to settle for Urban Meyer handing it to Jim Tressel. :)

Michigan sure looked like a bunch of pretenders. How good is Ohio State D if they let up 42 to that offense?

Yeah I'm sure that's going to happen any time in the next century. :doh:

I like Urban Meyer a lot and have been commenting all year on how well-coached Florida is and also think he's already a better coach than Spurrier ever was at Florida. But right now Jim Tressel is the gold standard of college football coaches and has been for the better part of a decade. While I have no doubt Meyer will continue to do an outstanding job, nobody is going to have a better prepared, better executing and better coached team than Tressel's.

As for the Rose Bowl, Michigan was out there to party and wasn't likely all that interested in the consolation prize. There are very very very few Bowl games that actually do anything in regards to showing the quality of a given team and putting any stock in those exhibition games between rusty and often disinterested squads is the equivilant of fool's gold (no offense Pyrite;-).

Sure would be nice to watch them handing Pete Carroll his ass next weekend. :)

I think this game goes down in sports history as the best college football game ever. The ones you mentioned will be afterthoughts as time passes. The problem is that few people saw it, I'm so glad I stayed up to witness the most unbelievable finish ever to any football game ever played.

Playoffs, blah, blah blah....must make everything the same...media brainwashed me to thing that way....blah, blah blah....different is bad, must change everything, and make it the same.....cant tolerate different

As for the Rose Bowl, Michigan was out there to party and wasn't likely all that interested in the consolation prize. There are very very very few Bowl games that actually do anything in regards to showing the quality of a given team and putting any stock in those exhibition games between rusty and often disinterested squads is the equivilant of fool's gold (no offense Pyrite;-).

Coming from a fan in Big Ten country, I'm surprised to hear you say this Simon...I went to a PAC 10 school and if the national title is not up for grabs, it is Rose Bowl, Rose Bowl, Rose Bowl. The thought of playing in Pasadena on New Year's Day consumes the entire program. I am under the impression that it is the same in the Big Ten as well. You constantly hear guys like Herbstreit who went to Ohio State reference the passion felt for a Big Ten-Pac 10 Rose Bowl. Certainly, with the bowl re-allignments, the game may have lost some of the luster. I just find it hard to believe that Michigan simply didn't care.

For a program that has lost 3 of the last 4 Rose Bowls, and a coach under fire for not beating rivals in big games, you'd think they would've wanted to show up. Is it possible they did care, but they're just not that good?