Vince Young

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he was very good in the 4th quarter including his TD pass to Jones. I was just really surprised at how accurate some of his throws were.

He played a great first half but the game was lost in the 2nd half when Vince threw very little as Henry gashed the Bills D for huge chunks of yardage.

877220[/snapback]

He's the real deal alright! His career is taking off on the right track for sure.

877219[/snapback]

Vince Young is a MONSTER...plain and simple. He creates so many problems for the defense. The guy is a winner. He will be an MVP three times before his career is over. Maybe he should be this year...nah not yet.

not to knock Young's victory today since he basically won the game by himself, but how's Young any different from Vick exactly? the man still looks to run first

877310[/snapback]

Young is already better and gets the job done. It might have to do with his mental make-up. Why compare him to Vick, might I ask?

Very strong game for this young kid. Showing great poise in some very tough situations.

He has a bright future as does Losman. I was really hoping the bills would make Young look overrated this week for hype he got. But he just really impressed me.

877213[/snapback]

I was really hoping he would make a dumb rookie mistake, but he failed to deliver

not to knock Young's victory today since he basically won the game by himself, but how's Young any different from Vick? both men still look to run first and Vick seems to be more of an athlete

877310[/snapback]

Purely subjective of course, but Young looks like more of a natural pocket passer than Vick. I think it's a lot more likely that he'll take the steps he needs to to develop into a complete QB.

Yeah we had some drops also, like expected.  Thats what Young brings is chances.

We still cant stop the run, and we were lucky to win with our stupid penalties.

Buffalo looked good...  Good game bills fans....

877248[/snapback]

!@#$ you. Merry !@#$ing christmas.

Why compare him to Vick, might I ask?

877313[/snapback]

Why? Because neither QB is a solid passer and both are fast, athletic QBs who make most of their plays with their legs. Why wouldn't you compare him to Vick at this stage of his career? The comparison is obvious.

not to knock Young's victory today since he basically won the game by himself, but how's Young any different from Vick? both men still look to run first and Vick seems to be more of an athlete

877310[/snapback]

VY is less careless with the football. He's smooth.

Why?  Because neither QB is a solid passer and both are fast, athletic QBs who make most of their plays with their legs.  Why wouldn't you compare him to Vick at this stage of his career?  The comparison is obvious.

877404[/snapback]

Did you get to see the game today? What does Young have to do to prove himself a "solid passer" in your book?

IMO, Young is already as good as Vick, if you need to compare the two. He has a lot more poise, and just does not get rattled (something few seem to want to give him credit for), is a better passer (more accurate), and has alread established himself as the leader of his team.

Go back and watch todays' game if you can. VY made a lot of plays with his legs (I guess that now makes him overrated?), but made plenty of great throws, from the pocket. Considering how little coaching this kid had in college (he didn't start playing well at Texas until Mack Brown decided to just leave him alone, and not overcoach him), he has adapted to the NFL level amazingly well.

I may be biased, being a Titans fan and all, but I'd say that Young is already at least as good an NFL QB as Vick is 6 years into his career. Young may be slightly less athletic than Vick (not a lot), but he's much taller (he can actually see over his OLine) and is a better natural passer (despite the half-Kosar throwing motion).

Plus, teams didn't have to take long to try to adapt their defenses to Young's running ability because they just used the anti-Vick gameplan. Young is just harder to defend because he's more dangerous as a passer (though he still has a long way to go).

Plus, teams didn't have to take long to try to adapt their defenses to Young's running ability because they just used the anti-Vick gameplan. Young is just harder to defend because he's more dangerous as a passer (though he still has a long way to go).

877469[/snapback]

Young's numbers compare favorable to McNabb's rookie season. Of course time will tell how good he will end up being but I have to give him credit he finds ways to win late in games be it at the college level or pro level.

Why?  Because neither QB is a solid passer and both are fast, athletic QBs who make most of their plays with their legs.  Why wouldn't you compare him to Vick at this stage of his career?  The comparison is obvious.

877404[/snapback]

I have to disagree here. Vince makes great plays with both his legs and his arm, and it showed today.